Changed my mind about Lamb

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
This past WR class was deep. We could have traded CD, drafted a WR and traded for Aiyuk with the money we saved.
No, Aiyuk will get at least $28M per year (reportedly what the Steelers offered). Ceedee is def worth $5-6 mill more.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No, Aiyuk will get at least $28M per year (reportedly what the Steelers offered). Ceedee is def worth $5-6 mill more.
Exactly my point. If we traded CD, we could have signed Aiyuk for less and still drafted a WR in round 1.

I am not saying Aiyuk is better than CD. However, Aiyuk + a 1st round WR is most likely better than CD

Aiyuk had by far less targets than CD. CD had like 75 more targets than Aiyuk.

So Aiyuk's stats would have been significantly higher. He was significantly more efficient than CD.

CD had 80% more targets but only 30% more yards.

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
Why do you guys care so much about guys wanting to get paid? His first and probably only big pay day and yall think he should limit his monetization.
Then why not pay him $100 million? or $200 million? I think what the OP is saying is $33 million is already a lot of money. Turning it down just because someone else got $35 million and that each new contract has to set the market for every other contract after that is a fools journey. I am not blaming the players. The owners are the ones who won't hold the line on prices for consumers and contracts.

I honestly don't care how much any player makes except for how it effects the salary CAP for the rest of the team. And that is why fans think that players are being selfish because they only care about how the team does. Individual players come and go. We continue to root for the team whoever is on the roster.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I don't care how good he is. Turning down 33 million a year? Screw him.

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.

Great points . When Tyreek Hill got too rich for KC blood he was traded . It’s to the point where you’ve been with a team through your rookie deal how much have you helped get that team over the speed bump of playoff wins . Maybe some nice draft picks would help out more then well Cee Dee wasn’t a factor in the GB mugging .

RonWashington

Reaction score
That and in big games does Dallas have the right QB to get the expensive receiver the football in big games .

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
CD is not in the market. He is under contract.

GM Jethro does not have to offer him anything.

Let him play on his last year. He is not going to sit out for long, if at all and miss out on $1M per game. Micah already ratted him out, saying he will be here week 1.

Tag him and restart negotiations next year and or trade him.
Hill and Brown were “under contract“. Their teams felt compelled to sign them to extensions knowing the price of top receivers was going to escalate. “GM Jethro” prefers to let the owners of other teams tell him what he’s going to pay his top players. There was a moment in time Hurts signed the largest contract in the history of the NFL. He has not played a single game on that contract he signed and it’s now the 8th highest. Before he’s halfway through the contract over half the starting quarterbacks in the league will be paid more than he is. Brown signed the largest WR contract ever and he was passed in less than a week. Lamb is about to pass him as well.

In the NFL, signing your top players, sooner is almost always better than later.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
Yep, how the heck he turns down 33 million leaves one to wonder how little they value their GM football intellect.
He is NOT worth that type of money a glorified # 1 who disappears facing real defenses and in big games.
His only excuse is he plays with a QB with Limited throwing ability.

BigD_95

Reaction score

Its the wording of the contact thats an issue & he is worth more than Dak

WhizKid

Reaction score
Ceedee should get the money he can. Work the system as much as he can and get paid. That's how capitalism works. The Cowboys could not pay him, and he'll go get it somewhere else and the boys will move on to the bigger and better Turpins and Tolberts of the world. The fans will continue to fund the organization. Like clock work.

RonWashington

Reaction score
So it’s like the old Fram oil filter commercials . The mechanic comes out from under the car says “ you can pay me now or you can pay me later “ …..is that how this works. I would almost rather have the draft picks .

:huh:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Hill and Brown were “under contract“. Their teams felt compelled to sign them to extensions knowing the price of top receivers was going to escalate. “GM Jethro” prefers to let the owners of other teams tell him what he’s going to pay his top players. There was a moment in time Hurts signed the largest contract in the history of the NFL. He has not played a single game on that contract he signed and it’s now the 8th highest. Before he’s halfway through the contract over half the starting quarterbacks in the league will be paid more than he is. Brown signed the largest WR contract ever and he was passed in less than a week. Lamb is about to pass him as well.

In the NFL, signing your top players, sooner is almost always better than later.
Well those teams have a GM.

Retro88

Reaction score
WRs really are not going up that much though. If Lamb signed for $33M that would be 12.9% of the cap, which is very close to what Cooper Kupp signed for a couple years ago. DeVonte Adams set the market a couple years ago at 13.45%, Jefferson just signed for 13.7%. Back in 2020 DHOP was the top guy at 13.75%. Go back further and Calvin Johnson was the top guy in 2015 at 13.45%.

For the most part the inflated prices are just coming from the inflated salary cap, the exception being QB which is going up unproportionately.
Naw bro. You got to get out of here with all that logic and understanding of what's going on. There's no room for that here, lol.

RonWashington

Reaction score
After Brown signed his deal after the trade from Tenn to Philly wasn’t 10 mins later his feelings were hurt and he didn’t get along with the coach etc etc etc ….

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Complete with unrelated virtue signaling at the end to boot. Lol. Players get paid, fans get mad. Not mad at the ones who actually offer what the players end up playing for, but the players who ask (presumably without holding a gun to the offerors' heads). If that ain't telling, I don't know what is.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Complete with unrelated virtue signaling at the end to boot. Lol. Players get paid, fans get mad. Not mad at the ones who actually offer what the players end up playing for, but the players who ask (presumably without holding a gun to the offerors' heads). If that ain't telling, I don't know what is.
I am not mad at all. Players need to fight for what they think they are worth.

We just have a horrific GM that screws it up in every direction possible.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Don't you think 33 million a year reflects that? Will there ever come a point where fans get fed up with the hyperinflation going on with these so-called elite players?

The thing is. The increase in player salaries are caused by increased revenue. Not the other way around.

The salary cap is based off the leagues revenue. Revenue goes up, salary cap goes up, player salaries go up.

Why would most fans get fed up that player salary is going up because more fans are watching or buying Sunday ticket or playing fantasy football, etc.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The thing is. The increase in player salaries are caused by increased revenue. Not the other way around.

The salary cap is based off the leagues revenue. Revenue goes up, salary cap goes up, player salaries go up.

Why would most fans get fed up that player salary is going up because more fans are watching or buying Sunday ticket or playing fantasy football, etc.
Maybe because they looked at their own bank account balances this morning with coffee?