Changed my mind about Lamb

Mr_437

Reaction score
It's all games being played out in the media for "buzz" who cares. Just hope CeeDee is back so he can get in football shape.

Nav22

Reaction score
"Yeah! All that extra revenue should go to Jerry's pockets!!! Screw you, CeeDee!!!"

Fans who obsessively count what's in the players' pockets are SO WEIRD.
:laugh:

Qcard

Reaction score
I don't care how good he is. Turning down 33 million a year? Screw him.

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
:lmao: :lmao: we were all so cool... just a week ago......Bars!!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't you think 33 million a year reflects that?
Perhaps Lamb's contract situation is being viewed within the context of 'in the moment'..? It just so happens Lamb is a member of the Dallas Cowboys. His situation is no more or less identical to every other player trying to land their own bag.

"Does $33 million a year reflect?" Yes. Change the name of the player. Same thing.

Will there ever come a point where fans get fed up with the hyperinflation going on with these so-called elite players?
lol.

I have a better question for your question due to my foresight. Were you questioning these salary compensation eventualities in 1994? I did.

1994 was the initial beginning of the current collective bargaining agreement salary cap/free agency era. I was one of the few yelling the restriction on spending per a hard salary cap would eventually end with a much greater difficulty of retaining players seeking higher compensation. I said it in personal conversations. I said it on the Dallas area Cowboys forum for which I have referred to as The Site That Shalt Not Be Named On CowboysZone. I said it for the first few years on this site.

Simply put, people are NOW pissed off that players are commanding salary demands under a ceiling they will never bow down to. And it is both surprising and frustrating to people now--a number of whom were supportive (and still are) of a system geared to enforce leaguewide parity making certain the highest bidders cannot hoard all the talent they are willing to pay for.

Well, guess what? People got a Player-Playing-The-Market-The-Way-They-Want system, which is exactly what they supported thirty years ago.

Congratulations. Me? I dealt with my decade long frustration of what was guaranteed to happen back in the mid-2000s. The ever-escalating contracts had already taken place. The dominoes would continue to fall. They will continue to fall. The latest domino's name is CeeDee Lamb. Everyone has the option of how they deal with it's eventual fall--and EVERY SINGLE DOMINO THAT FOLLOWS HIM--as well.

/rant

Loso86

Reaction score
Every player wants big cash days (plural). Not sure how CeeDee Lamb is singled out simply because his market value is higher than many of his peers.

The market doesn’t say he’s worth more than 33 million. That’s why NFL media types and reporters are so frustrated with this story. Lamb’s value is set. Just under Jefferson. 33 million is just under Jefferson, but it appears that Lamb wants what Dak got, a shorter contract so he can get another, bigger contract.
MARKET says he's right at what Jefferson wants, and ok he's a horrible person for looking after himself?

Patrick

Reaction score
Could have had him for <$30 mil if cap boy did it long ago like he should have. Instead they tried to play hardball and pissed off CD and his agent.

Jerry wants a new #88 so he can sell more jerseys, everyone already has their #88 Lamb jerseys.

Qcard

Reaction score
"Yeah! All that extra revenue should go to Jerry's pockets!!! Screw you, CeeDee!!!"

Fans who obsessively count what's in the players' pockets are SO WEIRD.
:laugh:
Oh...they are not talking about Jerry's Yacht??:laugh::laugh:

That Angus Burger Pizza Sandwich is $99 per ingredient...Cee Lamb's fault:lmao:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Don't you think 33 million a year reflects that? Will there ever come a point where fans get fed up with the hyperinflation going on with these so-called elite players?
WRs really are not going up that much though. If Lamb signed for $33M that would be 12.9% of the cap, which is very close to what Cooper Kupp signed for a couple years ago. DeVonte Adams set the market a couple years ago at 13.45%, Jefferson just signed for 13.7%. Back in 2020 DHOP was the top guy at 13.75%. Go back further and Calvin Johnson was the top guy in 2015 at 13.45%.

For the most part the inflated prices are just coming from the inflated salary cap, the exception being QB which is going up unproportionately.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So you choose NOW to say screw a player who wants what the market says he's worth. Lol yea screw him AND this season because that's what bit would be
CD is not in the market. He is under contract.

GM Jethro does not have to offer him anything.

Let him play on his last year. He is not going to sit out for long, if at all and miss out on $1M per game. Micah already ratted him out, saying he will be here week 1.

Tag him and restart negotiations next year and or trade him.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I don't care how good he is. Turning down 33 million a year? Screw him.

And screw this tradition of every so-called elite player driving up salary cap costs. In the end it all translates to the fans having to pay more at games and merchandise.

These modern athletes need to get over themselves. Yes injury factors aside, they aren't that special. You don't see military vets demanding millions for their injury risk.
Then you will simply never have a top WR on a second contract. If you can manage that on your team, great. If not, you don't win. Pretty simple really.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
We all know if these greedy players didn't demand so much money, then Jerry wouldn't have to raise prices and pass that savings right down to us because he's benevolent like that........ :muttley:

Chasing6

Reaction score
I get it, I STILL am annoyed at any player on this team asking for top money after the Green Bay debacle...but if anyone I guess CeeDee is the one to pay. He will be here longer than Dak probably and any new QB is going to need him.
I am not annoyed with any player. I am annoyed with having a GM that losses in every negotiation, on trades, and who loves Comp Picks for some reason.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We all know if these greedy players didn't demand so much money, then Jerry wouldn't have to raise prices and pass that savings right down to us because he's benevolent like that........ :muttley:
Yes, he has to raise prices because his margins are so small.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Then you will simply never have a top WR on a second contract. If you can manage that on your team, great. If not, you don't win. Pretty simple really.
This past WR class was deep. We could have traded CD, drafted a WR and traded for Aiyuk with the money we saved.

stiletto

Reaction score
I am not annoyed with any player. I am annoyed with having a GM that losses in every negotiation, on trades, and who loves Comp Picks for some reason.
Everyone is annoyed with Jerry since 1994. That's not new but he doesn't go out there, drop passes, throw pick sixes, sulk on the sidelines or let WR's run wide open all over the place. So, the players/coaches do deserve some of the blame for the Green Bay debacle. That's why they deservedly don't have new contracts IMO. They had everything for the taking and totally blew it.

Qcard

Reaction score
CD is not in the market. He is under contract.

GM Jethro does not have to offer him anything.

Let him play on his last year. He is not going to sit out for long, if at all and miss out on $1M per game. Micah already ratted him out, saying he will be here week 1.

Tag him and restart negotiations next year and or trade him.
This is clear leverage that Cowboys have over CeeDee Lamb in the negotiations.. Lamb is still under contract.

All these deals are done in the value aspect. Each side is using their leverage to gain favorable pay schedules and levers in contract.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb was one of the bigger disappointments from the playoff loss to the Packers. If the Cowboys were to decide not to re-sign him, I wouldn't blink an eye over it.
I'm not a big fan of petulant children. If you're mad...then take it up in the huddle. Not a hissy fit for all to see.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Everyone is annoyed with Jerry since 1994. That's not new but he doesn't go out there, drop passes, throw pick sixes, sulk on the sidelines or let WR's run wide open all over the place. So, the players/coaches do deserve some of the blame for the Green Bay debacle. That's why they deservedly don't have new contracts IMO. They had everything for the taking and totally blew it.
So why would you be in negotiations? Explain that.

If you are correct, then CD should have been traded before the draft.

Then should have told Dak, we are going into rebuild mode and will not be offering him an extension. This may have prompted Dak to ask for a trade.

With no Dak and no CD that would have cleared up roughly $47M in cap space, that we could have carried over to next year to offset Dak's $40M dead cap.

Qcard

Reaction score
Hey...the Yacht needs a Maintaince plan:lmao: