Chart showing average defensive rank for a QBs career, including Dak

Cmac

Reaction score
$1 billion dollars!!!

Just kidding. You did not ask for anything else. Another member said this about the Romo data I posted...

...and I thought I would make a joke about it based on that reply. :)
Am I in trouble?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Which of those qbs gave the other team 14 free points?
Not trying to trap you....i dont know. I know it makes it harder on the defense.
Flacco did. Others had TO's as well including Love when he played an actual defense.
Dak actually gave up 10 points. The defense is allowed to hold people to FG.
The pick 6 was followed by a 1:50 drive for a TD to end the half.
Then the offense came out and got a FG to start the half.
10 consecutive points down to 27-10... possible ball game.
Defense allows a no resistance drive for 7.

Dak wasn't responsible for giving up over 400 yards nor for allowing 143 on the ground or 4 TDs to a mediocre RB.
He owns that terrible pick 6 throw for sure all by himself.
But the defense was awful for the entirety of the day.
Allowing 3 play 75 yard to end the 3rd quarter. And opening 4th quarter drives to just end it all.

You hand Dak 10 of those 48 points and it is STILL 38 points allowed.
The defense was awful in every way.
They allowed passing, rushing, and TDs.
It was an utter outhouse performance by that defense.
3 pass plays where there no defender in the screens.
LB just mashed into the turf every run play.
No red zone resistance at all.
Did not cause a turnover, never rattled the young QB. Nothing.

And if they had showed up at all maybe it becomes a game. GB did suffer a couple key injuries to the defense.
Dallas did score 25 2nd half points. --though yes 16 were garbage time.

We all watched Pat be awful in that first half of the SB. Give up a pick that led to a FG and get an intentional grounding.
Just generally be bad. But he fought through it and the Chiefs defense was the best all year.
They were really good and held it together.
He found a way to win it all again.

Dak was not good enough. But the defense was historically inept and fans can't seem to grasp that basic concept.
Spanking one child for making C's ignoring the other who is in the corner snickering after making all F's.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Flacco did. Others had TO's as well including Love when he played an actual defense.

Dak wasn't responsible for giving up over 400 yards nor for allowing 143 on the ground or 4 TDs to a mediocre RB.
Allowing 3 play 75 yard to end the 3rd quarter. And opening 4th quarter drives to just end it all.

And if they had showed up at all maybe it becomes a game. GB did suffer a couple key injuries to the defense.

We all watched Pat be awful in that first half of the SB. Give up a pick that led to a FG and get an intentional grounding.
Just generally be bad. But he fought through it and the Chiefs defense was the best all year.

Dak was not good enough. But the defense was historically inept and fans can't seem to grasp that basic concept.
Spanking one child for making C's ignoring the other who is in the corner snickering after making all F's.
Dak didn't get a C, he put up stats at garbage time.

No one is excusing the defense.

However this is 3 straight years Dak sucked when it mattered. Not so for the defense.

He's the consistent weak link on the field in the crunch. And no we won't stop calling him out until he's gone.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
The Chiefs turned it over twice on Super Bowl Sunday vs the NFC champions, and they still held the 49ers to a measly 19 points in regulation.

The same exact 49ers who completely shredded our defense in Week 5.

You should watch football more often.
:thumbup:
The same 19 points we held the 49ers to last year in the playoffs. Hmmm...I was at that game last year and the QB crapped the bed.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Dak's teams have averaged 8th. This was posted like 1 year ago but I think Cowboys were a top 5 defense this year, or around there.

1KZOcuF.png
How did Dak’s top 5 defense perform in the playoffs this year? Like a 32 ranked defense.

That does not excuse Dak for his terrible performances the last 3 years in the playoffs.

Dak has performed poorly 3 years in a row in the playoffs. The Defense has performed poorly 1 out of the last 3 years in the playoffs.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Very presumptuous to claim "fans cant seem grasp the basic concept"? What, because the dont go on mega paragraph rants defending him?

I guatantee you there aint one person happy about any of it. Parsons, pollard d law, quinn, mm jerry...getting blasted all of em.
Dak as the qb, proclaimed leader, big money man who played as crappy as anyone else gets the brunt of course. Thats the way it works..for everyone not just poor dak.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Eli Manning:

fYEJoRL.jpeg

Sources: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

I did not include the 2019 ranking. That season was the beginning of the Daniel Jones era, when Manning played in four games only.
Interesting to see his 2007 and 2011 defenses. They (defenses) both played "lights out" in the playoffs.

I recall a safety for the Colts when Payton was there, I think his name was Sanders. He was out all season or most of it, came back for the playoffs and turned that defense around. They won the SB that year.

Yeah so defenses can have a poor regular season ranking and turn it on in the playoffs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The Patriots putting together 22 defenses that averaged a ranking of 7th over two plus decades is impressive.

This is why I chuckle at those that say BB is a product of Brady.
I think a lot of people just remember Brady after he finished developing. When he was legit the best QB in the league.

But the first few super bowls they won… Brady hadn’t peaked yet. He was good but not ELITE.

But those teams won games on defense and special teams a lot of the time.

Of course that was like 23 years ago now. So it’s tough to remember lol

Jayinem

Reaction score
He needs more. Top defenses, offensive lines and rushing games are not enough....MOAR
Maybe he will agree to an extension for what he was making as a rookie (400k) otherwise I don't think the Cowboys will have the cap space. :muttley:

It is already hard enough to win in the playoffs but when your QB takes up like 20% of the salary cap yet makes mistakes in the biggest moment you may as well forget it.

Nav22

Reaction score
The same 19 points we held the 49ers to last year in the playoffs. Hmmm...I was at that game last year and the QB crapped the bed.
Dak isn't as good as Mahomes!?!?

Shocking!!!

Dak's offense put up 12 points, Mahomes' offense put up 19 points in regulation (thanks in part to a very lucky bounce on a punt).

The 49ers defense was also better last year than it was this year, and we played them on the road and not on a neutral field.

This didn't go the way you thought it would. Sorry.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nav22

Reaction score
Inconsistent for both......thank God they faced that 8-9 crappy Bucs team so they could have that 2-5 playoff record
Yep. Dak and the defense need to be better when the lights get bright.

Adreme

Reaction score
Yes the defenses in Dallas have been great... until the games actually matter. Having great defenses and QB play is the reason that they have had the regular season wins they have had the past few years but when your defense then in the playoffs goes TD-Punt-TD-TD-TD-TD-TD then it is hard for me to believe that is actually a top 5 defense.