Chart showing average defensive rank for a QBs career, including Dak

Cmac

Reaction score
It was a joke. You are way too serious. :)
Wasn't sure since its writing. But since it was a joke:

OIP.WTSGT5rlw0A63dxc0xbD7gHaFW

All good.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Obviously, a ton of mental gymnastics involved in using a regular season stat for the defense while saying the QB sucks because he isn't good in the playoffs.

Dak had a higher PLAYOFF passer rating than Brock Purdy.
Dak is imperfect and has some obvious areas to improve in, but it is really hard to take fans who bad mouth him seriously when they have no real data or intelligent discussion to offer just utter nonsense or complete mistruths.
If you are referring to career stats, fine.

If you are referring to this year, we all know that Dak played possibly the worst half of football of any home playoff QB in NFL history.

We got behind so far that GB was pulling starters for nearly a whole quarter.
THAT was when Dak piled up stats.
His final stats were as meaningless as any stats could ever be.

But yes, if you mean career playoff stats, they have not been putrid.

bigE79

Reaction score
umm. @bigE79? You said, "Would love to know where romo's teams ranked." I supplied the data you inquired about afterwards but please do not ask for any additional info because I have been told to stop now.

With an exclamation point.

Apologies in advance.

:(
What else did I ask for?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What else did I ask for?
$1 billion dollars!!!

Just kidding. You did not ask for anything else. Another member said this about the Romo data I posted...

The comparison does not sway that Romo didn't get it done, as well.........the narrative changes every time, but the results haven't. Are we going to count "Win & you get in" games against each NFC East team for 3 consecutive years? Stop!
...and I thought I would make a joke about it based on that reply. :)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you are referring to career stats, fine.

If you are referring to this year, we all know that Dak played possibly the worst half of football of any home playoff QB in NFL history.

We got behind so far that GB was pulling starters for nearly a whole quarter.
THAT was when Dak piled up stats.
His final stats were as meaningless as any stats could ever be.

But yes, if you mean career playoff stats, they have not been putrid.
You play the game and get the number assigned. You can excuse as much or little as you like but that doesn't change the totals which are facts written on paper.
Opinions don't change facts.
And it doesn't change that Purdy was ranked like 9th yet made a Super Bowl because it is a team sport.

And every QB in this playoff run save Matt Stafford had a very bad half of football.
Lamar, Josh, CJ, Jordon, Pat, Brock all of them.
Dak wasn't alone in that.
The Dallas defense was alone in giving up 6 TDs over 7 drives.
No team allowed that in this playoff run.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Dak's teams have averaged 8th. This was posted like 1 year ago but I think Cowboys were a top 5 defense this year, or around there.

1KZOcuF.png
yes yes our defense let us down this year in playoffs. but overall our defense the entire time Dak has been here as been in top 10. they have been top 10 in turnovers. they have been top 15 in offensive rushing and top 10 in passing most years. OUR TEAM is solid we just have a QB that is gun shy on the biggest stages and needs to fix that problem. IF he can fix that and we can add some Run Defense and a revamped Rushing offense i think we'll be fine. but like Jerrha said we go has far as Dak can take us.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Eli Manning:

fYEJoRL.jpeg

Sources: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

I did not include the 2019 ranking. That season was the beginning of the Daniel Jones era, when Manning played in four games only.
Eli Manning is a PERFECT example of it being a team sport.
He has 2 Super Bowl wins over everyone's GOAT
And is a mere .500 over his long career.
Quite insane but that chart tells the tale.
In his SB winning seasons his lines dominated both sides in the playoffs.
When they got poor so was he.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
yes yes our defense let us down this year in playoffs. but overall our defense the entire time Dak has been here as been in top 10. they have been top 10 in turnovers. they have been top 15 in offensive rushing and top 10 in passing most years. OUR TEAM is solid we just have a QB that is gun shy on the biggest stages and needs to fix that problem. IF he can fix that and we can add some Run Defense and a revamped Rushing offense i think we'll be fine. but like Jerrha said we go has far as Dak can take us.
You guys convolute to the point of utter insanity.

Dallas has been very good in the regular season. Full Stop.
The offense, the defense and Dak.

The offense, the defense and the QB have NOT been good enough in the playoffs.
The Cowboys have been good enough to make the playoffs 5 times in Dak's career.
2 of those seasons he was over a 100 QB Rating in the playoffs.
His average across 7 playoff games is 280 yards passing, 65% comp and 2 TDs with 1 INT.

Redline360

Reaction score
The funny thing is that some people thought Dak was on par if not better then Romo.

Romo was a superior quarterback in almost all aspects. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who would pick Dak to build a team given the choice.

Waits for some mouth breather to bring up post season records and or choker label.

1942willys

Reaction score

His average across 7 playoff games is 280 yards passing, 65% comp and 2 TDs with 1 INT.
As mark twain said about stats
STATS LIE

and its a joke to count what happened the last five minutes or so of a game that was over for at least a half as anything but garbage stats

Stats do not show deer in the headlights; stumbling around, etc

conner01

Reaction score
The Patriots putting together 22 defenses that averaged a ranking of 7th over two plus decades is impressive.

This is why I chuckle at those that say BB is a product of Brady.
He’s a great defensive mind and a great head coach. He’s not a good GM and he certainly benefited from Brady just like Reid benefits from Mahomes.

75boyz

Reaction score
Not trying to car jack the thread but I am curious what the avg. offensive line rankings are for most all of these QBs as well.

I'll bet a certain Dallas QB has had a pretty highly rated oline overall during his tenure as compared to the rest.
Oops, unintentional car jack. My bad.

calicowboy54

Reaction score

tad is that you??

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not trying to car jack the thread but I am curious what the avg. offensive line rankings are for most all of these QBs as well.

I'll bet a certain Dallas QB has had a pretty highly rated oline overall during his tenure as compared to the rest.
Oops, unintentional car jack. My bad.
Those rankings may be interesting to review. They are more PFF subjective rankings, which I am not too fond of, than traditional though. Hopefully, a member will post that info.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You play the game and get the number assigned. You can excuse as much or little as you like but that doesn't change the totals which are facts written on paper.
Opinions don't change facts.
And it doesn't change that Purdy was ranked like 9th yet made a Super Bowl because it is a team sport.

And every QB in this playoff run save Matt Stafford had a very bad half of football.
Lamar, Josh, CJ, Jordon, Pat, Brock all of them.
Dak wasn't alone in that.
The Dallas defense was alone in giving up 6 TDs over 7 drives.
No team allowed that in this playoff run.
Which of those qbs gave the other team 14 free points?
Not trying to trap you....i dont know. I know it makes it harder on the defense.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Certainly, Romo would've done more over his career if he had run offenses and defenses nearly 70% better than what he had.
He also would've played longer vs always having to try to play catchup, and sometimes with awful lines.
Dude took a massive beating.

It was it it was.
I'm sure someone will bring up the 2007 fail at the beginning of his career and that's fine.
We're talking the whole career, on average.