Chaz Green better than Ron Leary

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I won't argue that, but on a super bowl potential team, I'd rater have both.

JBS

Reaction score
I am beginning to wonder if Boo Boo Green is just a guy who will do anything to avoid pre-season and training camp, and was really capable of playing the whole time.

Pretty sure he's never healthy during the regular season either

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Green showed way more power than I expected.
The difference in pass blocking is way different as well...... Green will literally set his feet & stonewall the opposing player, it looks as if Green is getting knocked back-which isn't true at all. He's pretty damn powerful too do that!

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Greens issues have never been ability or talent, it has always been his inability to stay healthy and work through the nagging injuries.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Powerful? maybe
Getting to 2nd level & pulling.....NOPE

You think Leary is better to the second level than Chaz? If so, we can agree to disagree. I say Leary is more powerful but Chaz is more agile, though Chaz showed a little more push than I thought he was capable of. And I'm a guy who wanted Leary back even though I know it would cost a boat load. I still think it was a mistake to let him go.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Come on..i cant keep, just losing Leary i had to get a new opinion he was the next best thing Nzecho whatever. Now Green is better based on one game. Come on...i cant keep up. Whos the next legend? Green? Copper? Durant?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Green was terrific. Definitey better getting to the 2nd level and pulling than Leary.

Even more ironic is that Leary is out injured.

Green has the ability to be better than Leary, and that's why I've been pushing him as the starter over Cooper.

Green's ability to move has never been an issue. He has very good feet.

His power, like Cooper's, was a question in college, but you could tell in the moments we saw him last season and in the preseason that he has worked on that and improved it greatly. I believe his all-around skills are better than Leary's (and Cooper's) if he can stay healthy. I was glad that he was able to do that for at least one game.

There were some on here knocking his ability to get to the second level during the preseason, but I never saw that and it certainly didn't show against the Giants.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I am beginning to wonder if Boo Boo Green is just a guy who will do anything to avoid pre-season and training camp, and was really capable of playing the whole time.

I'm not sure if you can place that all on Green. If a player in the preseason even looks like he's limping, it's off to the trainer's tent and working on the side for at least a few days. Green likely could have played through some of the preseason stuff, but the team is going to err on the side of caution when the games don't count.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Agreed. Green did an outstanding job in space. I was very impressed with him. Let's just hope he stays healthy.

I know we've gone back and forth on this some, and it is certainly a concern. But I do feel that the better player is out there. I know Cooper was drafted higher and so expectations for him or greater, but I don't think Arizona got the player it thought it was drafting. I think his power issues will always give him some trouble, but he can get by on technique and quickness. I don't mean by this that Cooper has no power. It just isn't a strength.

RS12

Reaction score
Green was terrific. Definitey better getting to the 2nd level and pulling than Leary.

Green can play, we all knew what the issue is with him. Bottom line the cap makes paying everyone impossible so sacrifices have to be made.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Come on..i cant keep, just losing Leary i had to get a new opinion he was the next best thing Nzecho whatever. Now Green is better based on one game. Come on...i cant keep up. Whos the next legend? Green? Copper? Durant?

I hesitate to say he's better. My belief is he has the ability to be better because of superior movement skills. Leary spent several years at guard and was very good at it last year. I think it will take some time for Green to play consistently the way Leary did last year, but his ceiling is higher IMO if he can stay healthy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I think Chaz has the ability to be better but just as Leary had to show you need to bring in game in and game out Chaz will have to do that. Leary was a pretty steady player for the Cowboys, Chaz has his opportunity to show he can do the same.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Green made a few mistakes, but that's a tough DL to debut against.

He looked good getting to the second level, but he needs to do much, much better sticking to blocks there.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Green can play, we all knew what the issue is with him. Bottom line the cap makes paying everyone impossible so sacrifices have to be made.
If Green is the guy, we are going to draft his replacement in the third round this year and start him in 2019.