Chaz Green

Sydla

Reaction score
First round pick Taylor decker looks horrible in Detroit. Brandon scherf couldn't even be the teams right tackle so they moved him to guard. Let Chaz develop and just hope he stays healthy

Only rookie tackle who seems to be doing well is Stanley in Baltimore. They seem to love him.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Green didn't give up many plays that I saw. But he was getting pushed back for sure.But he did much better than last week so he gets a pass.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I didn't get the overreaction last week. Not surprised he played better this week. Should continue to improve thru the season. Not saying he is a finished project yet but definately getting better.
We have one of the few fan bases that is ready to cut rookies and second year players at the drop of a hat. Straight lunacy...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He was much better against Miami.

His technique was garbage at times but overall he was much improved.

He doesn't do anything that is standout though and I think Offensive Tackle is moving up the list of draft day needs next year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see a young player gutting it out, playing a lot of preseason snaps, and improving with each one. He's being challenged, and in my opinion, he's fighting to rise up to that challenge.

A far better sight than watching Darrion Weems last year, I can tell you that!

:thumbup:

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I see a young player gutting it out, playing a lot of preseason snaps, and improving with each one. He's being challenged, and in my opinion, he's fighting to rise up to that challenge.

A far better sight than watching Darrion Weems last year, I can tell you that!

:thumbup:

Not sure why everyone is crushing this guy. He didn't play all of last year. Take a year off from your job and when you come back to it you'll be a little slow and rusty too. Give this guy till the end of preseason before all you haters bash him.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Not sure why everyone is crushing this guy. He didn't play all of last year. Take a year off from your job and when you come back to it you'll be a little slow and rusty too. Give this guy till the end of preseason before all you haters bash him.

I pick on him because he's the weakest link and I was reading (could be lies from the media) that he's lazy and doesn't like to practice. But I agree he's gotten better, not much, but enough to see there is potential.

Proximo

Reaction score
Not trying to make a direct connection in any way, but this thread reminded of when we 1st moved Tyron to LT. It's a distant memory at this point, but he wasn't a world beater right away. In fact, he left quite a bit to be desired and a lot of folks around these parts were VERY quick to say it was a failed experiment, move him back to RT, I can't believe we spent such a high pick on him if he can't play on the left, etc, etc.

Good times.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I pick on him because he's the weakest link and I was reading (could be lies from the media) that he's lazy and doesn't like to practice. But I agree he's gotten better, not much, but enough to see there is potential.

Weakest link on this line might not be weak at all.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I think he can do it now, last week I didn't think he had a chance, nobody can measure heart, we will see.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
If he keeps making progress from week to week like this he'll be fine. There's raw talent here to mold. He just needs to stay healthy.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Weakest link on this line might not be weak at all.

stop making me think on weekends...go far far far far away.....but don't stay away too long...Monday is coming up...LOL

Good point, but he doesn't seem up to snuff yet...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think it's a combination of things.

1) Surprise when he was drafted. Many were scratching their heads when a team with our starting offensive line drafted another tackle in the 3rd round, especially this guy, who wasn't highly-regarded leading up to the draft, making the pick look like a reach.

2) Frustration in seeing his rookie year lost to injury

3) Some less than flattering training camp reports

4) His obvious struggles against the Rams

Like the team, I'm remaining patient with him, and I'm encouraged by what appears to me to be a player rising up to the challenge before him, but I can see how some fans may have at least some form of disappointment or frustration too.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I thought Green played pretty well last night, there were a few times he was pushed back but his play was remarkably improved over last week and I think he just needs more reps that he hasn't gotten a lot of over the last year because of injury

Proof

Reaction score
I think it's a combination of things.

1) Surprise when he was drafted. Many were scratching their heads when a team with our starting offensive line drafted another tackle in the 3rd round, especially this guy, who wasn't highly-regarded leading up to the draft, making the pick look like a reach.

2) Frustration in seeing his rookie year lost to injury

3) Some less than flattering training camp reports

4) His obvious struggles against the Rams

Like the team, I'm remaining patient with him, and I'm encouraged by what appears to me to be a player rising up to the challenge before him, but I can see how some fans may have at least some form of disappointment or frustration too.

basics... it's not a mystery. he was a reach in a critical draft, when the whole fanbase was expecting a running back. that opportunity cost will likely follow him his stay here much like escobar, unless he wow's at some point. not exactly fair, but he's a millionaire so I'm sure he'll be ok. Also the name chaz hits the ear wrong. "Chaz" ugh