Chaz Green

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'm not sure you can't find a better option at swing tackle off the garbage heap. If he is really disinterested, show him the door.

Jake Long
Eugene Monroe
Will Beatty
Khalif Barnes
Dominique Robertson

Just goes to show if Tyron Smith went down...this team would be in a world of hurt.:rolleyes:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We had a debate about Green during the offseason when he had to be helped off the practice field twice due to cramps. Strange that his conditioning would still be an issue entering the first preseason game. I'm really starting to have doubts about him.

You have doubts about everyone. Why would it be any different with Green?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You have doubts about everyone. Why would it be any different with Green?

Many have doubts about Green after his dreadful performance yesterday. Have you seen or heard anything that has you encouraged about him? Take off your blinders, it's been nothing but bad news with him ever since we drafted him. He hurt his hip last summer and was suppose to be ready for camp and missed almost the entire season. He had to be helped off the field twice during OTA's due to cramps and many of us started to question his conditioning. Now here we are less than a month away from the regular season and he still appears to be in poor condition. He wore down as the game went on yesterday and started getting beat like a worn out drum. Instead of complaining about my opinion of players go see if you can come up with a thread that won't end up in the Rant Forum. :thumbup:

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Wonder if its a conditioning thing or a mental thing. Chemestry is big in OL play, and wonder if the switch from first to second team effected him

When the other front liners left - his level of play went down.

But maybe he has problems with speed rushers.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I blame the CBA. Maybe if the players were allowed to go all-out in full pads twice a day in camp he would be more consistent. He's not ready.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He clearly fell apart as he got physically fatigued. Looked like he was moving in cement. Before that, i dont recall any significant gaffes but i haven't re-watched the game at all.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
i had high hopes for chaz green... until watching him play.

all that said, we've hit jackpots on 5 or 6 OL so i am hardly gonna complain that one OL selection looks failed.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Chaz is very likely going to be fighting the calendar to re-condition himself in time to be serviceable, imo.

He'd better get going and start working himself tirelessly to get his body right. Time is of the essence . . .

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
without reading this whole thread, I'll say this, I never liked the Chaz pick, and I still dont.
I loathed it and it is looking more and more like that distaste was justified.

All I can say is if he looked like a gassed mule in this game after a week to prepare for it, we need to start looking.

And yes, I know the options are limited. But Bradfield is now on IR and that leaves Witzmann who is terrible.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Getting to down on Green would be like getting too up over Prescott.

It was one preseason game...

Let's see if there's any change in Green's game by the end of preseason.

I agree. It took Parnell three years to prove capable, this is effectively Chaz Green's first due to that injury. He's getting a crash course right now and plenty of work and coaching to improve. Hopefully, he proves up to the challenge.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I agree. It took Parnell three years to prove capable, this is effectively Chaz Green's first due to that injury. He's getting a crash course right now and plenty of work and coaching to improve. Hopefully, he proves up to the challenge.

After missing all of last season, I'm honestly not sure what people expected.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Chaz is very likely going to be fighting the calendar to re-condition himself in time to be serviceable, imo.

He'd better get going and start working himself tirelessly to get his body right. Time is of the essence . . .
In his twitter pics he appears to be in great shape physically. It was game conditioning he had issue with after not playing a game since college(late 2014).

Sydla

Reaction score
I am looking for some nice improvement in this game.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I wish they used that 3rd rounder on a runningback. IMO that was a terrible pick and we should have gotten a runningback who could have filled in for Murray.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Man that 1 preseason 2nd half has labeled him a complete bust...... Other have way before that though.

Glad everyone knows what he is & will be.....

SMH

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Jake Long
Eugene Monroe
Will Beatty
Khalif Barnes
Dominique Robertson

Just goes to show if Tyron Smith went down...this team would be in a world of hurt.:rolleyes:

Yes to Jake Long. Also would like:

Louis Velasquez (plays OG and OT)
Manny Ramirez (plays C and OG)

Both proven vets who not only have flex but play with lots of pure nastiness (like Ron Leary used to). Better power than zone players but have experience in both schemes.

Texas boys to boot.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man that 1 preseason 2nd half has labeled him a complete bust...... Other have way before that though.

Glad everyone knows what he is & will be.....

SMH
I remember the same posts were made about some scrub QB when he struggled in a preseason game a few years ago. Tony something was his name I can't recall his last name off the top of my head. Called him every name in the book. Said he was worthless and waste of a roster spot. Let me look up his name hold on a second......Romo that's it. I've always wondered whatever happened to that guy.