Twitter: Check out this play by Osa, this is why we are a different

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Meh, it's one play. Osa is still going to have to take a backseat once Sir Gallimore returns.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Meh, it's one play. Osa is still going to have to take a backseat once Sir Gallimore returns.

It's way more than one play. Osa is showing way more than Gallimore ever has. Osa has a sack and a half in three games and Gallimore's career stats is only a half sack.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas - Rookie defensive tackle Osa Odighizuwa is off to a strong start, and the third-round draft pick says practicing against six-time Pro Bowl guard Zack Martin has been great preparation for game day.

"He's really, really good guard, one of the best in the NFL," Odighizuwa said. "So going against him every day and just get that look, I think is something that helps. Not just me but anybody that lines up against him he's going make us better."

With 1.5 sacks against the Eagles, Odighizuwa tied Micah Parsons for the team lead after three games. With Neville Gallimore (elbow) still on Reserve/Injured, Odighizuwa has started at defensive tackle and moved out to defensive end in certain situations.

"I've been pleased with where he's at and I think the arrow is just going up for him because he does have quickness like a defensive end," defensive coordinator Dan Quinn said. "That's why we moved him down inside and that's what he showed in college. Now it's a matter of taking some of those skills and turning it into what we think he can be."

Notebook: The Other Rookie; What Is “The Pit?” (dallascowboys.com)

AyeAtey

Reaction score
If he hasn't pull a Larry Allen already, he will. I really like his style of play and "bad" attitude.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's way more than one play. Osa is showing way more than Gallimore ever has. Osa has a sack and a half in three games and Gallimore's career stats is only a half sack.
Agree to disagree. You'll see when Neville returns which one gets more time on the field. The video is just one play.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Young and new players balling. Pretty much-telling players from last year, we are making plays, with or without ya. Remember these two words.........cultural change

Right. I don't know if you noticed that Hill was hustling downfield after plays on defense last year. Didn't mean that much other than the fact that he was giving it his all, just like most players do.

Every time we show improvement on one side of the ball, some seem to think it means players are trying harder or care more, when all it might mean is we have better players or a better system. I can think of a lot of players who had the same kind of attitude and same kind of hustle that we are seeing but played on bad defenses for this team.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I liked Odighizuwa in the lead-up to the draft because he’s a little bit lighter, quicker guy who plays with such leverage that he’s good against the run, even at that smaller size. I liked his movement skills inside as a 3T but in Quinn’s defense, he could help at Big end if he needed to.

What kind of pushed me towards wanting Dallas to draft him was how freakishly long his arms are for a shorter guy. There are guys who are three inches taller than Osa that still have shorter arms than him.

A guy who is only 6’2” has natural leverage working for him, but typically will have shorter arms. A guy who is 6’5” has longer arms working for him but loses the leverage battle mush of the time. Usually, you get one or the other.

However, Odighizuwa has both of those things working in his favor. Speaking for myself, that is kind of something that I like in DT prospects. Anyone that has played football knows how difficult it is to move a strong, short guy… and they also know what a disadvantage it can be going against someone with long arms.

Throw in his very successful wrestling career (which usually bodes well for DT prospects), and he was a good prospect.

Anyway, I had pretty high hopes for him when Dallas drafted him, but I have to say, he has exceeded my early expectations for him. He is a really good player and is making plays at a position that usually takes a while for young guys to get to that point. It takes a good DT to make splash plays like Osa has been doing.

He was a hell of a pick, it looks like.

kskboys

Reaction score
Osa is actually the RKG. Garrett was right about getting RKGs, he simply had no clue what they are.

Isn't it funny how we start acquiring S's and real DT's and suddenly our D is much better?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I know this will get laughed at here. But I honestly see some Aaron Donald like traits in Odigizuwa. He has tremendous Burst , motor, and strength. I see a pro bowl player.

ps I am not one that overhypes our players like most of the Dallas fan base.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Let’s hope he’s a better Cowboy citizen than RAT-liff turned out to be.

Rat was one of my favorite Cowboys in his prime, then ended up being one of my most hated Cowboys at the end. Just a massive POS that made it extremely difficult for us as fans to like him with the **** he pulled.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I know this will get laughed at here. But I honestly see some Aaron Donald like traits in Odigizuwa. He has tremendous Burst , motor, and strength. I see a pro bowl player.

ps I am not one that overhypes our players like most of the Dallas fan base.

Someone hit me up right when he was drafted and made the same comp and he's not even a Cowboys fan.

rambo2

Reaction score
One play? Osa has been very good from the start. He will continue to start as long as he he is healthy.

rambo2

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. You'll see when Neville returns which one gets more time on the field. The video is just one play.
Lol, you watch and see. I don't know where you get this one play thing. The guy has been a huge part of the defense and just about everybody knows this.

rambo2

Reaction score
Osa is the best defensive tackle that they have had in over a decade.