Chemistry Issue With Gallup

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
If Dak doesn't underthrow Cooper on his 1st pic and overthrow Gallup those couple times he probably passes for 600 yards and a couple more TDs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Do you understand wr play? If Gallup is hitching in his route it's going to be off, because Dak is throwing the ball when he's even with Db.

So now the excuse is that Gallup stuttered in his route 1 time so that’s been the problem all season?

You Dak apologists are something else.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Its amazing how quick he is in moves off the line, then he gets to that top gear quickly. Some guys play for years in the NFL with only one of those three things and Amari has them all.
Its been quite some time Kaiser,, but it is exactly that,, Cooper is exactly that,, a true number 1.
Shame that we haven't had one in Dallas in quite some time, but, not going to cry now,, lol.. tears of joy that this team really has a difference maker at WR.
Irvin days,, early Dez days.. that's what Cooper brings now.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Aikman commented on the overthrow to Gallup that he slowed up when Dak was releasing the ball. He will learn that in time and his timing with Dak will be there next year.

Also its different with Amari because he is a freak of nature that can outrun overthrown balls.

I agree. It'll likely take Dak more time to get in sync with Gallup and vice-versa.

Hopefully, added time to work out with each other would better their familiarity.

This appears to be a fair guess, since they've improved greatly in a short time.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dak just can’t throw deep very well. He doesn’t get to put it up so the we can run under it.
Dak has a top 10 deep ball passer rating since he entered the league.
He can throw the deep ball just fine.
When he misses 90% of the time it is long which means TD or incompletion.
No QB completes more than 35% of those throws or else that's all they'd ever throw.

Gallup is wide open because he runs a collegiate like stop and go.
NFL is a sped up league.
WR's can't really full stop.
So yes it fools the heck of the CB but also everyone else, lol.
Gallup will get that down in time.

He didn't practice all week with food poisoning which couldn't have helped as well.

If Dak and Gallup get aligned there this offense will soar.

Dak was able to get on the same page with Cooper in 2 weeks... so hard to blame the QB(in this one area unless you are the kind of sycophant who blames the qb for everything).

Beaker42

Reaction score
Aikman commented on the overthrow to Gallup that he slowed up when Dak was releasing the ball. He will learn that in time and his timing with Dak will be there next year.

Also its different with Amari because he is a freak of nature that can outrun overthrown balls.
If Gallup slowed down it was because he knew couldn’t get to it anyway. He’s missed MG so many times now that Gallup expects it. Dak sucks.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I try not to throw myself in the QB debate fire but here we go.

I guess I would qualify as a Dak apologist to some people here. I like the guy and I feel like he has some tools to develop but I try to be fair. I was yelling at my television and ready to blame him for loss tonight on multiple occasions but...

The Gallup issues aren’t all on him. The fact that he is connecting with Cooper on these same throws tells me that he has the ability. Him and Gallup should be practicing tirelessly to get this timing and chemistry down so they can routinely take advantage of these opportunities. Dak/Cooper are on the same page after just a few weeks of practice with no training camp.

After all, these are not high percentage throws regardless of what some fans think. We were 1/3 last week, 0/3 today. If we capitalized on 1-2 more of these opportunities these last two weeks may have been a bit less stressful.

Edit: This is not a slight on Gallup..just an observation that the deep passes seem to be a chemistry issue more than an ability issue.
coop is a top 10 pick. Gallup is a 3rd round pick and a rookie....... the throws to coop are also different. usually coop has a lot of YAC, given his insane ability to get separation like he does. Gallups are usually he is on the run, wide open and the throws have been long.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Gallup and Dak are not that far off, I have faith they will continue to work with each other and put things together.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I try not to throw myself in the QB debate fire but here we go.

I guess I would qualify as a Dak apologist to some people here. I like the guy and I feel like he has some tools to develop but I try to be fair. I was yelling at my television and ready to blame him for loss tonight on multiple occasions but...

The Gallup issues aren’t all on him. The fact that he is connecting with Cooper on these same throws tells me that he has the ability. Him and Gallup should be practicing tirelessly to get this timing and chemistry down so they can routinely take advantage of these opportunities. Dak/Cooper are on the same page after just a few weeks of practice with no training camp.

After all, these are not high percentage throws regardless of what some fans think. We were 1/3 last week, 0/3 today. If we capitalized on 1-2 more of these opportunities these last two weeks may have been a bit less stressful.

Edit: This is not a slight on Gallup..just an observation that the deep passes seem to be a chemistry issue more than an ability issue.

He missed Cooper several times as well. Where Dak's lack of arm talent really bites us is in the red zone. We settle for 2 FGs under 30 yards yesterday and missed another chippy FG. We should have been up 20+ points at halftime. But, the turnovers and red zone futility kept philly in the game.

Dak was a mediocre bus driver most of the game yesterday. He got hot in the 4th quarter when Philly's secondary finally wore down with injuries and their defense got tired. Philly came into the game leading the NFL in time of possession. We flipped that script on them. Their defense played twice the snaps it normally does and that had a huge impact on OT.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak simply over throws him on deep wide open passes. I think Dak gets excited.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I really like Gallup but I would not mind at all if this team one for a big fat *** wide receiver with their first pick in the second row next year I think that Dak needs big targets

Undefeated

Reaction score
I really like Gallup but I would not mind at all if this team one for a big fat *** wide receiver with their first pick in the second row next year I think that Dak needs big targets
This year's draft has a lot of 6'4-6'6 recievers with decent athleticism for their size. I think they'll be day 2-3 picks (besides Nkeal harry).

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I always said he is average at all aspect of the game. A bus driver if you will. One area i will say he is above average is in his moxie. Kid doesn't give up.
Would you agree that the general consensus on the forums is that Dak is below average

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Does anyone else realize that Troy could come out of the booth & win the SB with this team? He would be picking teams apart. These games shouldn't be close. There is a ton of talent on this team that is going to be wasted because the QB just isn't consistent enough.