Chido is all hype

mattjames2010

Reaction score
But...but....but good coverage!

No. Stop the pass from getting to the receiver. That's the job, he failed at it consistently today. Don't give me this excellent coverage crap.

Turn your head, locate the ball, make a play on it. He and Byron Jones have no clue how to do this.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The OP is just mad one of our players got beat but didn't bother the analytics of why.....he should be more upset at the play of our Safeties and of Anthony Brown who DID have a terrible game.

Yup. Brown and Heath really need to be called out. Chido was getting picked on by Stafford because it appears Detroit's plan was to throw away from Byron Jones.

And Awuzie actually held up well considering the number of times he was thrown at.

Twin

Reaction score
Now if any CB CHANGES NEED TO B MADE GET LEWIS N FOR BROWN HE WILL BRING THAT PASSION N FIGHT DEZ HAD

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I disagree.

You can’t make a living making those types of throws and catches.

He was on them like glue.

And yet, they still made catches on him consistently.

Why is it that players like Hayward, Bouye, Ramsey, etc. can be on players like glue and they aren't making these amazing catches? He had a bad game because he has no awareness for when the ball is near him.

kskboys

Reaction score
I always thought Lewis would be the better player, but we still have to see how it plays out. Way too soon for a judgment yet.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Nearly every completion made against him, he was in perfect coverage. He had maybe 2 rough plays. One where he didn't turn his head (or was that Brown?).

Detroit WRs are very good.

Yet again, do you guys understand what perfect coverage is? If the WR gets the ball, consistently on you, it's not "perfect".

Perfect coverage is being glued to the receiver and being aware of where the ball is so you can make a play on it to disrupt the pass. Accurate NFL QBs can place balls in areas that is best for their WRs, Stafford can do that, the best CBs in the league find ways to disrupt that.

He failed. He needs a lot of work.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Whatever, guy was toast all day, perfect passes or not, the objective is to NOT allow guys to catch the ball, OR, intercept it. Neither happened today.

Ren

Reaction score
He needs to play the ball more his coverage was mostly good, if he plays a little more aggressive he'll at least break up a couple of those catches

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Awuzie had solid coverage and was in phase on almost all of those receptions. I don't think his grades will be awful for this game.

This board is weird. Will call out Awuzie but gives Jeff Heath and Anthony Brown a pass over and over again. They are our biggest problems in the secondary.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I thought he played well. Could have been better but those were some perfect passes.

Yes, and there's not much a CB can do against a perfect pass. Just bad luck for him on some of those. All in all, he's developing into quite the CB. Also, he's only 23, so he's still in need of development. For a second year player, he's looking quite good, and I can see Richard's influence on him and Byron.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
not seeing it with 24. Dude was beaten like a drum all day long.

He had good coverage on just about all of them. Just got beat by really good execution an abnormal number of times. I was quite happy with Chido’s play.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Awuzie had solid coverage and was in phase on almost all of those receptions. I don't think his grades will be awful for this game.

This board is weird. Will call out Awuzie but gives Jeff Heath and Anthony Brown a pass over and over again. They are our biggest problems in the secondary.

Some of the worst DBs in the league. But....they do what they are told to do by this horrendous staff. That's why they are kept around.

Zman5

Reaction score
Did you watch the whole game or did you just read the stat-line?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And yet, they still made catches on him consistently.

Why is it that players like Hayward, Bouye, Ramsey, etc. can be on players like glue and they aren't making these amazing catches? He had a bad game because he has no awareness for when the ball is near him.

I would relax..

He’s batted the ball down several times this season.