Chido is all hype

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He didnt have a good game. But I don't think its alarming. He was good at mirroring his man, but he didnt locate the ball to make the play. I dont think this is something permanant with him as it wasnt an issue in college. Both him and Lewis had notable ball skills coming out. He is young DB with less that a full season of games under his belt. He will have some ups and downs

I think some people just expected him to be an All Pro this year and the bar is set too high

The only people over-hyping Chido are our fans, which is part for the course. It seems our players are either supposedly the best in the league or complete trash.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I thought he played well, they made a few really tough catches vs him.

Lewis, Heath, Brown and Woods had some really bad plays. Chido and Jones were good on the outside.
Man! HEATH got juked outta' his jock strap from their #15 on that sidelines T.D. run,,,,I would think the #38 would be much better off being in motion, MOVING towards CONTACT instead of just standing motionless waiting for the contact to bring it to him,,,but,,,he's probably not wanting to be responsible for ending another football players career,AGAIN:starspin:

Reactions: CWR

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I am a little concerned about the secondary as a whole, Stafford completed 80% of his passes and not how Eli completed 75% of his passes because they were almost all at the LOS.
That's a concern he was completing at that rate and throwing around the field and getting big plays. It wasn't like we had a big lead and he was dinking and dunking down the field.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Honestly...he looks like he's been coached up to play the WR...instead of finding the football. Looks like poor coaching to me.:rolleyes:
:lmao:ya,it seems to commonly occur with this team( clipping the wing-feathers of the Ballhawks)o_O

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he played well. Those few catches Stafford threw his way were dimes. Brown gave the receivers little room for error. Not much more you can ask from him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Stafford has made it a frequent habit in the past of subjecting our DBs to extreme punishment until the game was lost. Yesterday was an exception. Enjoy the win and disregard the negative BS; it only takes away from the joy of winning. This time around, it's for the Lions to lick their wounds and complain.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
not seeing it with 24. Dude was beaten like a drum all day long.

He was in great position throughout the day and it took precise throws and good catches to beat him.

He has room to improve, though, on his awareness so that he can play those balls a little better. The one that stood out the most to me in that regard was where he was looking up for the ball to his left and wasn't paying attention to the receiver tracking the ball to the sideline on the right. If he had been playing the receiver, he might could have swatted it away or pushed him out of bounds.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man! HEATH got juked outta' his jock strap from their #15 on that sidelines T.D. run,,,,I would think the #38 would be much better off being in motion, MOVING towards CONTACT instead of just standing motionless waiting for the contact to bring it to him,,,but,,,he's probably not wanting to be responsible for ending another football players career,AGAIN:starspin:

A DB can't just run at a player who sees him right in front of him because with one juke his momentum will take him out of the play. That doesn't change the fact Heath played it poorly though. He could have closed the gap at least a little before breaking down and getting ready to move either way, and he should have forced the receiver toward the middle of the field where he had teammates ready to help with the tackle instead of letting him outside.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Those WRs really showed excellent hands. As they kept replaying the one catch where there was some question if it was caught against the ground, I realized that Chido actually deflected it, and the guy still got sure hands on it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Some of those passes no one could defend. Replays and commentators were even talking about it during the game. He was draped all over them. Was supposedly roasted 8 times. Half of them deon sanders couldn’t defend. That being said he could have played better. He will bounce back. He and Brown was the only ones targeted. They stayed clear of Byron all day.

jay94

Reaction score
Gave up 8 for 138 and a score yet the homers on here will still claim he had a good game. Too funny.

Did you watch our safeties, and Brown, that is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY MORE CONCERNING. I guess you never heard that the perfect pass is indefensible and was a pretty constant theme from Stafford. Me being a homer (I predicted a 7-9 record before the season).

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Benching Jackson for Nelson only cost you one point. I have no faith in D. Thomas any more; it's amazing how closely his career has mirrored Dez's.

Thomas career looks to be over. Got Pretty boy favorite receiver back Thursday and will go with Tate from here on out.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A DB can't just run at a player who sees him right in front of him because with one juke his momentum will take him out of the play. That doesn't change the fact Heath played it poorly though. He could have closed the gap at least a little before breaking down and getting ready to move either way, and he should have forced the receiver toward the middle of the field where he had teammates ready to help with the tackle instead of letting him outside.

No, Heath was correct to get the runner to go between him and the sideline. It was his only chance.