Chido was a waste of a second round draft pick

Creeper

Reaction score
Chido and LVE are the two biggest disappointments on the defense this year. Its not close. Everyone else is about what we thought they would be. Maybe Jaylon has slipped a little. But I also think there are scheme issues in Dallas too. The LBs seem to play about 2 to 3 yards deeper than most teams' LBs. Not sure what the purpose of that is but it forces the LBS to cover more ground to get to the holes and fill. Maybe to give them a cleaner shot to the outside edges? If that's the case then its not working because they seem late out there and they miss too many tackles.

None of the Cowboys DBs look back for the ball or have any idea where it is or when its coming. Not even Byron Jones. Jones doesn't get thrown at only because Chido is on the other side. The way the Cowboys DBs play is so contrary to how the Seattle DBs played when Richard was up there. Maybe Richard is not the guru we thought he was. Maybe it was the players he had in Seattle. Nothing exemplifies this defense better than the last Vikings drive before the half where they smoothly marched the length of the field to get a last second FG to take the lead before the half. No blitzes. No tight coverage. Soft over the middle giving up 8 yards at a time, especially on first down. I thought when they knew they had Cousins in passing situatons they would throw something at him to rattle him or make him force a throw into the wrong hands. But like they do every week, the play it safe and give up the score in the end anyway.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Chido is a human dartboard because QB's don't want to throw at Byron Jones. And yet people on this board can't get rid of Byron Jones fast enough....

Re-signing Byron is a must. No way you can move forward with Chido as your #1 outside CB.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Cousins had 220 yards and 2 touchdowns.....those 2 touchdowns to a tight end......so yeah we can complain about Chido but he didn't give up those two touchdowns.
He gave up a huge completion to allow an end of half fg try. Also gave up the 2pt conversion which essentially lost us the game.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Yes! JG is a leader in name only, sadly.

He is what he is. A nice guy who is in over his head. JJ and SJ love him and have their fingers crossed that his process will work and prove them geniuses... but the writing is on the wall. We will lose every game we play when coaching is required to give us an advantage or edge. Garrett will continue to mop up against a lousy NFCE and mediocre teams. We will beat the Lions, Bills, Skins, and Bears. Maybe eek one out against Philly if we play a solid team game. Pats and Rams look like losses-- with the Rams being one we might take if they can't get right either.

Anyway-- coaching is a problem in Big D. We have known this for years. Hopefully that truth is slowly starting to sink in with the FO...but I won't hold my breath.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
He is what he is. A nice guy who is in over his head. JJ and SJ love him and have their fingers crossed that his process will work and prove them geniuses... but the writing is on the wall. We will lose every game we play when coaching is required to give us an advantage or edge. Garrett will continue to mop up against a lousy NFCE and mediocre teams. We will beat the Lions, Bills, Skins, and Bears. Maybe eek one out against Philly if we play a solid team game. Pats and Rams look like losses-- with the Rams being one we might take if they can't get right either.

Anyway-- coaching is a problem in Big D. We have known this for years. Hopefully that truth is slowly starting to sink in with the FO...but I won't hold my breath.

I'm usually not one for someone losing their job, but he is a career killer. He has had more than enough time to figure this all out. It disgusts me how he never takes blame but always seems to cast it onto someone else.

You might be write with the wins and losses.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’ll never be mad at a player for getting beat by a player. But on the Diggs play dude went flying by and had no clue. Same with Rudolph’s two point. He had zero clue what was going on.
That’s my gripe with him. Even the best get beat. But he just seems lost at all times
I agree. It was a bad play but great play by Diggs. It’s clear he’s lost.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He gave up a huge completion to allow an end of half fg try. Also gave up the 2pt conversion which essentially lost us the game.
He lost a jump ball with Rudolph. He’s never defending that. He struggled in just saying he’s not why we lost. We keep scapegoating guys and letting our highest paid players off the hook.

links18

Reaction score
Deion got beat once in a blue moon. Awuzie has no idea where the ball is on just about every play.

Cmac

Reaction score
Cousins had 220 yards and 2 touchdowns.....those 2 touchdowns to a tight end......so yeah we can complain about Chido but he didn't give up those two touchdowns.
I think that was Sean Lee......not a whisper has been said.

starfan1

Reaction score
WTH? Awuzie was nowhere near both of those touchdowns. Lee was in the vicinity of both of them. Go back and watch the replays. See you guys are blaming stuff on Awuzie and he's not even there lol.

Hey......I'm not arguing for Awuzie. He's struggling and he should be further along. But I'm not going to knock the guy for getting beat by Diggs. Stefan Diggs does that. And the jump ball with Rudolph....he wasn't turned around on time again but it wouldn't have mattered. It was a mismatch. He's the scapegoat. I get it. I hate how he looks defeated or lost. Its disturbing to me. I don't see that same look in Byron or Lewis eyes. He seems to lack confidence right now but if we are truly honest with ourselves? We did not lose this game because Chido last night. HE did not give up points.

it happens every week