Twitter: Chidobe Awuzie on mindset change after leaving Dallas

Dre11

Reaction score
Awuzie got a kick in the arse when he wasn't signed back here, sometimes you're smart enough to realize you only get so many chances.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love the guy, I wanted to keep him and not Brown.
But every time a player goes to another team and the team is successful, some fans start whining
Or blame the player for playing better in new surroundings.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a cop out. Lakers(showtime)? The Yankees?
And as I said, plenty players here have played well under these same circumstances, it's your mindset. Yeah there are players that can get bench, this whole Jerry won't let a player get bench is stupid, Zeke got benched last year, Williams got benched, Collins got benched. The problem here you didn't have the depth to bench a player. Who are you replacing them with without affecting your ability to win and lose, when winning and losing is what you're held to. who did Jimmy bench? Parcels?
I agree that it is stupid but I do not think any player gets benched without running that by the owners first. And I think the players know that.

How many GM's get the game plan every week?

You are trying to apply what happens on an everyday football team to this and this is not an everyday football team.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think it has become obvious that this is one of the problems in Dallas. It effects everything they do including signing contracts.

Dre11

Reaction score
I agree that it is stupid but I do not think any player gets benched without running that by the owners first. And I think the players know that.

How many GM's get the game plan every week?

You are trying to apply what happens on an everyday football team to this and this is not an everyday football team.

I disagree, and I bet a lot of Gms get the game plan each week, we look at our team differently because we see and hear about it it everyday,
I bet that doesn't only happen here. You don't think Gms want the players they pick playing and in gameplans? It affects their jobs.
We just saw it play out in Philly year before last when Pederson was forced to sit Hurts.

Last edited:

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
As long as this family is in charge it's going to be damn near impossible for any coach to build a blue-collar team in Dallas.

6_8228738.jpg

The fact that there are two players (at the time of the photo) in the Jones family photo is all you need to know about the issues with this team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree, and I bet a lot of Gms get the game plan each week, we look at our team differently because we see and hear about it it everyday,
I assumed you'd disagree and I one up you by disagreeing with your disagreeing with me.

I do not think any other GM does that. Why would he even think about doing that? Think of his own security, he becomes culpable and is not once removed in the owner's mind. When an owner asks "what the hell was that"? He doesn't want to have had a hand in that prior to the rancidity.

A good GM does not look over the shoulder of his HC. He gives him the tools he needs to build a mansion or an outhouse and if it's the latter, he replaces him with another and keeps doing that until he is successful or replaced himself.

But no other owner ever took over a NFL team with a "jocks to socks" proclamation and he meant it.

Dre11

Reaction score
I assumed you'd disagree and I one up you by disagreeing with your disagreeing with me.

I do not think any other GM does that. Why would he even think about doing that? Think of his own security, he becomes culpable and is not once removed in the owner's mind. When an owner asks "what the hell was that"? He doesn't want to have had a hand in that prior to the rancidity.

A good GM does not look over the shoulder of his HC. He gives him the tools he needs to build a mansion or an outhouse and if it's the latter, he replaces him with another and keeps doing that until he is successful or replaced himself.

But no other owner ever took over a NFL team with a "jocks to socks" proclamation and he meant it.

Gms want their players and picks playing and in the gameplans, it affects their jobs, we just saw it play out in Philly year before last when they sat Hurts in the middle of the game. Jerry getting the gameplan isn't looking over the coach shoulder, what's the problem. Jerry being the Owner and Gm is the only difference. Staffs meet every week, you don't think they talk gameplans? For the record I've been in a couple coaching clinics, where we got to sit on the day to day operation of 2 nfl organizations.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As an owner Jerry Jones is probably deserving of his "Hall of Fame" status. The Stadium, the Star and all he has done to help he league financially are outstanding. As a GM he is the terrible and deserving of "Hall of Shame" status. It is bad right now IMO. The Cowboy coaching has to be a nervous mess currently. MM has to be looking over his shoulder at the DC and OC and afraid of his job. The roster has so many freaking issues. The offense has Lamb and Martin and perhaps a couple of other guys and a boat load of question marks. Same for the defense with Parsons and Diggs and a few more but at least as many question marks and issues.

A good GM would be in his office digging, working long hours on the roster and player personnel. The current roster, the available FA that might fit here and the draft should have his full attention. That is more than enough for any GM. But Jones seems to spend all his time looking to be in the media....radio, television and the press.

I am concerned about the upcoming season. Really concerned. I hope I am wrong.
Jerry Jones self-tarnishes his own Hall of Fame status as owner. It would be logical for someone in his position to evaluate the performance of the general manager over a reasonable timeframe and act accordingly. As an owner, Jones has done the exact opposite. In effect, Jones has continually smeared his own bust in Canton well-before it was even installed in the Hall.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
this mediocre player is in the SB- our so called star qb/rb/wr are on their couch watching the mediocre player.
its our coaching including Jerry- they suck
True Star cowboys, # 1 picks, all watching on tv from the couch, or maybe they bought a ticket lol.
he is the 3rd ex cowboy to make a SB or win one, probably more of them.
Hitchens, Ware, now Awuzie , all cowboy rejects who went on to SB.

Thing is what he is saying, isnt that he is a better player now, it is that he sees his career different now, the game of football, and goals are different
now that he got away from jerrys circus show.
Thats all, and that even though cowboys didnt want him or think he was good enough to keep, another team did, and he made it to a SB.

Ware and hitchens both have rings, which they would not have if they stayed in dallas.

bewp7

Reaction score
idk if i care about that stuff tbh bc i do not think u can change it any way

cowboys won 3 super bowl being the glamor team maybe more idk what it was way back

lakers win

yankees win

it is up to the coach and player to stay focus and some thrive with all the spotlight and attention any way

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Let's say tomorrow your company decides they can't keep you and Bob. They decide to keep Bob and let you go. Tell me all of the nice things you are going to say about your old company. Awuzie was rejected and another chosen over him. He is human and probably had more he would have liked to say.

And how many here complain about the country club atmosphere and showbiz way the club is run but let an ex player even hint at that and you are all over him? Hell, Awuzie was only here for 4 years, 4 of the 26 years of our purgatory.

Bad analogy because Bob is the son of the owner.

Dre11

Reaction score
True Star cowboys, # 1 picks, all watching on tv from the couch, or maybe they bought a ticket lol.
he is the 3rd ex cowboy to make a SB or win one, probably more of them.
Hitchens, Ware, now Awuzie , all cowboy rejects who went on to SB.

Thing is what he is saying, isnt that he is a better player now, it is that he sees his career different now, the game of football, and goals are different
now that he got away from jerrys circus show.
Thats all, and that even though cowboys didnt want him or think he was good enough to keep, another team did, and he made it to a SB.

Ware and hitchens both have rings, which they would not have if they stayed in dallas.

He sees his career could be over because he knows you only get so many chances and 1 team already let you walk, has nothing to do with a cir us or Jerry, he knows he has room buckle up and do his job

glimmerman

Reaction score
Parcells did that. Hell, when Johnosn took over the team, they probably had to threaten the players to wear the Star.
Yeah and made the first round draft pick carry and get his water..

Johnson said if someone screwed up he had no problem putting them on the bench.. They asked him what if it was Aikman that screwed up. Johnson said, I would look at him and say .. Don’t do that again Troy… I thought that was funny when he said that.,

Dre11

Reaction score
Shoot they had Micheal and Sanders on the same team and won a superbowl, talk about Glitz and Glamour....lol