Twitter: Chidobe Awuzie on mindset change after leaving Dallas

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm always happy for ex-Cowboys who win championships so long as they don't bad mouth the Cowboys franchise.

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
I hate the Jones family for destroying everything Tex Schramm and Tom Landry created. The cowboy mystique come from them not the Jones family.
The idea that the status of the Cowboys is mostly down to Jerry is hilarious. The team was known as "America's Team" well before Jerry.

All Jerry has done since fluking early success is create a culture that is basically opposite to what makes winning in this league happen.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
He's playing the Rams that are in one of the glitziest new stadiums in one of the glitziest cities in the world.

WFT doesn't even having working bench warmers but they've sucked for years too. So it's not like crappy practice situations help make a good team

He’s talking about the team mentality, not literally having the lights off

plasticman

Reaction score
Can't just give up, throw our arms up and surrender. It's out team too.

I didn't say our franchise, I said the team. They are the Dallas Cowboys, not the Jones Cowboys.

There is supposed to be a partnership between the city and the franchise. the city provides infrastructure for the franchise to operate and accommodate the fans and the team operates with the goal of bringing pride to the city by trying to win.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Can't just give up, throw our arms up and surrender. It's out team too.

I didn't say our franchise, I said the team. They are the Dallas Cowboys, not the Jones Cowboys.

There is supposed to be a partnership between the city and the franchise. the city provides infrastructure for the franchise to operate and accommodate the fans and the team operates with the goal of bringing pride to the city by trying to win.
Unfortunately they are the Dallas Cowboys only in name. Any pride they brought for decades has been tarnished in recent years by the Jones.

CapnCook

Reaction score
Give me a break

Listen I like to hate my own team I root for just like the rest of you sad sacks, but can we stop pretending mediocre players like Awuzie were playing bad for any other reason than they sucked here?
They sucked.... Here? That's the crux.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The team is a country club of overrated talent and Jerry is their top salesman.
Jerry got the fans believing this is an SB-caliber squad and he is a great GM and a draft guru.....
There's one born every day and we have tons of them in Cowboy land.....
Wait and see by May they will be posting Superbowl trips and Dak MVP galore.
Nothing changing but the weather!!!
I expect Jerry or Dak will sell the idea that Dak has fixed his game and he has worked really hard watching game film on defenses.
And 3/4 of this gullible fan base will fall for it.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Would have liked to see him coached by this defensive staff, but good for him.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
The only meaningful change in Chido's condition this year is that he went to a team with a stud QB. If we had one of those, our culture, stadium, and Jones family pictures would be irrelevant. Until we quit trying to pretend we found a franchise QB through UDFA or 4th rd draft picks nothing else is going to matter.