Twitter: Chidobe Awuzie on mindset change after leaving Dallas

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Awuzie was just another bum when he was here. Overhyped member of the worst Cowboy defense ever. Why would anyone care what he has to say.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Because we DIDN'T offer him that type of money
that's the point I mentioned in the first place. we could have resigned him for that money and spend the second round pick on other pressing needs. instead we took a CB and were rumored and linked to the top 2 CBs as well...

we created a need, when we didn't need to

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as this family is in charge it's going to be damn near impossible for any coach to build a blue-collar team in Dallas.

6_8228738.jpg
History agrees with you.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I think there are lots of things to go after the cowboys about- the fact that the cowboys have an indoor practice facility/stadium and the bengals don't is not one of them and is not a point to highlight some blue collar work ethic.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Is that to say blue-collar is > white collar?

No, imho.

Football is a violent, physical game played between massive/fast athletes. As such it is a textbook case of a blue-collar profession. But only in regard to the actual players. Brute strength and speed can only do so much. Football is also a game of skill, or white-collar if you prefer.

There's a balance you have to strike, the team that does that the best usually wins...

kskboys

Reaction score
The only meaningful change in Chido's condition this year is that he went to a team with a stud QB. If we had one of those, our culture, stadium, and Jones family pictures would be irrelevant. Until we quit trying to pretend we found a franchise QB through UDFA or 4th rd draft picks nothing else is going to matter.
You really need to examine the team before you make such an assertion. QB play has zero to do w/ Chido being better. Might want to really think about the your obsession w/ the QB position, as your statement about your own QB play dictating the play of a CB makes absolutely zero sense.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Give me a break

Listen I like to hate my own team I root for just like the rest of you sad sacks, but can we stop pretending mediocre players like Awuzie were playing bad for any other reason than they sucked here?

This. Our culture has issues, but Awuzie ducked out of tackles constantly and played soft for his size in his time here. He ain’t blue collar

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We know the culture here is awful...water is wet. But we're supposed to believe Chido didn't realize football could be played away from the "stage" that the Cowboys play on? He was never aware of teams like the Dolphins or the Jags or the Jets? And what...he worked harder this season because they have an outdoor stadium? So how come when Jerry opened the roof he didn't play better for us? Don't blame "the lights"; we won plenty in the 90's under brighter lights. You win because you got away from crushing GM meddling, a cupcake culture, and bad coaching.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
As long as this family is in charge it's going to be damn near impossible for any coach to build a blue-collar team in Dallas.

6_8228738.jpg

What the hell is going on there with everyone dressed in white? It looks like a cult.

Dre11

Reaction score
Dosent change the fact aura of the Cowboys comes from Landry. This is from a time when social media and the internet didn't exist. Jerry is a marketing genius but not a football guy. Glitz and glamour without substance.

But it saved the Cowboys. There's substance, it just come in spurts and not consistent

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
You really need to examine the team before you make such an assertion. QB play has zero to do w/ Chido being better. Might want to really think about the your obsession w/ the QB position, as your statement about your own QB play dictating the play of a CB makes absolutely zero sense.
Wth are you talking about? He's not better; that's my point. He's playing in the super bowl because he went to a team with a franchise QB, instead of one with an over-paid and over-rated bus driver QB.

Dre11

Reaction score
Wth are you talking about? He's not better; that's my point. He's playing in the super bowl because he went to a team with a franchise QB, instead of one with an over-paid and over-rated bus driver QB.

This is asinine. He's on a team that got hot.

kskboys

Reaction score
And now you're making even less. Are you capable of any discussion about anything but the QB?