Chiefs Offense

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I am rewatching the game. Obviously, we don't have anyone close to Tyreek Hill, but their offense is a model of how effective ours could be. First play is a read option that freezes the 8 man box and gets a few yards. They run a lot of slants and play action that give Mahomes a small window of progressions, which allow him to quickly make a decision and get the ball out.

They line up in a lot of unique formations, which makes their offense unpredictable. There was a play where Hill did a fake jet sweep, turned around, and they ran a pitch option with Mahomes. It's like watching a video game offense. Mahomes faked an audible and they direct snapped to a running back.

Do yourself a favor and watch the game if you have Gamepass. It's insane.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I am rewatching the game. Obviously, we don't have anyone close to Tyreek Hill, but their offense is a model of how effective ours could be. First play is a read option that freezes the 8 man box and gets a few yards. They run a lot of slants and play action that give Mahomes a small window of progressions, which allow him to quickly make a decision and get the ball out.

They line up in a lot of unique formations, which makes their offense unpredictable. There was a play where Hill did a fake jet sweep, turned around, and they ran a pitch option with Mahomes. It's like watching a video game offense. Mahomes faked an audible and they direct snapped to a running back.

Do us all a favor and link Linehan up with the KC OC. Get those two in a room and just lock the door. Don't let Linehan out until the KC OC approves.

Big_D

Reaction score
You can stand Tyreek Hill next to Terrance Williams and tell this front office to pick. They're going with Williams. LOL Evaluation is a huge part of the problem. That's besides the coaching and lack of imagination in the scheme.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Mahomes is a slinger, I love it. He’s fun to watch.

I think Prescott just needs to start letting it go. Always looking for that 3 yard cushion and playing it safe. I’m really questioning his confidence at this point. Arm strength or accuracy. Need one of those to be a qb.

Dre11

Reaction score
Andy Reid has got production from just about every QB he’s ever trotted out there.

If he had Dak then Dak would be a better player for it.

And still won nothing...lol

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Do us all a favor and link Linehan up with the KC OC. Get those two in a room and just lock the door. Don't let Linehan out until the KC OC approves.
Andy might eat him, though.

Didn't watch the game but Mahomes has Arod level arm talent...our QB can't do the things he can do.

That's the thing, though. He isn't asked to sling it around. He rarely throws a deep pass. 15/27 for 256 yards.

Austin could be as fast as hill, but we arent creative enough to feed him the ball.

Austin isn't even close to Hill, but they could use him in a similar fashion. He runs the fake jet sweep a lot, but often reverses course, for a multitude of plays, including pitch options, going out on routes, and getting the ball flipped to him. FFWD to 5:51

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
creative offensive hc, elite players at all skill positions, and strong arm with no fear

Praxit

Reaction score
Reid has the Garrett syndrome. Sometimes has some good years, but chokes in the end.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It all starts with the HC - he has to be a visionary and constantly trying to improve schemes and play designs. Coaches like Reid, McVay, Pedersen, Belichick, etc. all share that vision and it gets contagious where the staff and players understand and follow that vision.

What is Garrett's vision/philosophy as an offensive coach? "Proper execution" is not a strategy or vision but that seems to be all Garrett preaches and that's silly because every role/profession in life requires proper execution...it should go without saying. With Garrett, Jerry's been obsessed with having him simply be a walkaround coach and letting his coordinators handle everything. I just don't think that's a successful model if the goal is to win a Super Bowl...but he's also not qualified to do much more than that.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

As a Texas Tech fan Pat Mahomes is my favorite non-Cowboy by a wide margin.

That kid is truly special. Player and person.

If you watched OU today, you also saw an offense that would elevate Dak. I expect Riley to get NFL offers quickly.