Chiefs' Owner is Worst Owner in Football Apparently

Kwyn

Reaction score
I did not, what is the point? Explain why it's obvious, and how it's relevant. We are discussing why the super bowl winning owner is voted the best owner. It's kinda obvious you missed that.
It was a poll conducted by the NFLPA where the players rank their teams various benefits. Facilities, travel, food, ownership, care of family.

Who gives the fattest contracts is not one of the factors they vote on.

Hunts players voted him the worst owner because the facilities are trash. Worst in the league in many aspects. But you state he’s the best?

No offense, but you would do well to at least make a minimal amount of effort to understand what you are commenting about before you do so.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
It was a poll conducted by the NFLPA where the players rank their teams various benefits. Facilities, travel, food, ownership, care of family.

Who gives the fattest contracts is not one of the factors they vote on.

Hunts players voted him the worst owner because the facilities are trash. Worst in the league in many aspects. But you state he’s the best?

No offense, but you would do well to at least make a minimal amount of effort to understand what you are commenting about before you do so.
That would require effort though.

Smith22

Reaction score

GHmP3nyaAAAnk1h

GHb82MvXgAQrwvD

The key imo, head coach A+ and they have Mahommes

Smith22

Reaction score
Jerry is the absolute worst owner in sports from a fan standpoint

Not even close
This take is soooooo bad.

How many owners in the NFL have bought a franchise, increased its value by over 8 billion and manage to win 3 superbowls?

Now if you want to talk about his GM skills or lack thereof, I agree.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I mean did they actually not win multiple SBs sign the next QB in the league to like a decade long contract on the cheap or was that just a rumor started by pizza delivery guys? Have I been dreaming and just woke up and the Cowboys won 3 SBs in the last ten years or something?

Rod Sterling is no longer on this earth. No more Twilight Zones.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not all the players who voted have played for the Chiefs. There is an obvious reason that players all around the league don't like the guy. I have no idea nor do I care to find out, but you seem eager enough to figure out why Jerry isn't the most hated. Let me know what you find.
It’s already been noted why Jethro is popular amongst the players.

He’s a players owner . Meaning he’s loyal to his stars . And even enjoys mingling with them.

And these stars know the buck stops with him not the HC.

Smith22

Reaction score
It’s already been noted why Jethro is popular amongst the players.

He’s a players owner . Meaning he’s loyal to his stars . And even enjoys mingling with them.

And these stars know the buck stops with him not the HC.
Dallas players gave ownership: B.

Head coach: A

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This take is soooooo bad.

How many owners in the NFL have bought a franchise, increased its value by over 8 billion and manage to win 3 superbowls?

Now if you want to talk about his GM skills or lack thereof, I agree.
The top priority in football operations for an owner is hiring a GM or VP. Jethro has suked at the most important responsibility on the field which makes him a terrible football owner.

Initially he did well at this hiring Jimmy and giving him total control of personnel and football decisions . Since then Jethro has been awful. Even admitted he’d of fired someone with his record this era.

But apparently winning isn’t the top priority anymore or he’d hire someone . Obviously he’s only interested in winning his way. Which again makes him a horrible football owner.

Smith22

Reaction score
The top priority in football operations for an owner is hiring a GM or VP. Jethro has suked at the most important responsibility on the field which makes him a terrible football owner.

Initially he did well at this hiring Jimmy and giving him total control of personnel and football decisions . Since then Jethro has been awful. Even admitted he’d of fired someone with his record this era.

But apparently winning isn’t the top priority anymore or he’d hire someone . Obviously he’s only interested in winning his way. Which again makes him a horrible football owner.
The top priority would be winning superbowls, which the franchise has accomplished 3 times under his ownership.

Some of you all act like we had 5 rings before he arrived.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In what way? For the fans, he's the best owner. Why? Because he's willing to make the tough decisions. The Chiefs very wisely went Defense. Ended up w/ the #2 D in the NFL, and that's what won them the super bowl.

So, why do the players think this? Because he won't overpay them. Sooooooooooo, you can trust the player to pick the guy who pays them the most. Is that what you're interested in, paying the players a ton? That is how you don't win super bowls, you know.
Yep

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The top priority would be winning superbowls, which the franchise has accomplished 3 times under his ownership.

Some of you all act like we had 5 rings before he arrived.
And Jethro wasn’t over seeing player personnel and football decisions with Jimmy.

Sounds like you are giving our owner a lifetime pass for early success with Jimmy.

Jethro deserves credit for hiring Jimmy to have complete control over football operations. And he deserves the blame since for not hiring someone to replace all of those responsible.