Chip Kelly in 2 years

Gaede

Reaction score
Hey normally I'd laugh at those who bought into this team once again, but I admit that 6-1 start sucked me in too.

Whenever I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

~gripping kitchen counter~

~collapsing to the floor~

I was skeptical before the Giants game but somehow let that performance suck me in

You know what they say, shame on me

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Stop with the Garrett nonsense. You're a diehard fan of this team. You have a brain. You know damn right well what is killing this team. Garrett is a symptom. The disease is named Jones.

This ironically enables JJ to continue as is. Only bringing in real HC's has been JJ's pet peeve and has resulted in foundations (players/scouts/asst. coaches) that have felt their presence even after their departure (Switzer, Wade) JG had Romo as a result but couldn't make that work. You want to let him slide on that bc he will still be JJ?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Taking the Cowboys out of the picture for a sec.....what Chip Kelly has done in short time is remarkable. It sucks that he had to end up in Philly of all places.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Stop with the Garrett nonsense. You're a diehard fan of this team. You have a brain. You know damn right well what is killing this team. Garrett is a symptom. The disease is named Jones.

Yep. Jason is staying because he makes it comfortable for Jerry to be the owner. Jerry needs a coach who will allow him to share the limelight and who won't bristle when he speaks as coach, GM and owner.

I'm always reminded about what Jerry said when Parcells left. He said Parcells made him feel like he had to walk on egg shells. Translation: Parcells wanted to be the end-all, be-all, have the final say on everything and be the architect of this team. And Jerry compiled because (as he says now) he needed to restore the Cowboys to prominence because he needed Jerry World to be built.

Since he got his precious stadium, he forced Parcells out the door by forcing TO on him and has hired "Yes man" and coaches desperate for their chance to coach.

Sorry, but Jason aint going anywhere. Jerry sees him as his Tom Landry so he's going to rid him as far as he can. The Cowboys are still making money so Jerry has no incentive to change. :(

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Yep. Jason is staying because he makes it comfortable for Jerry to be the owner. Jerry needs a coach who will allow him to share the limelight and who won't bristle when he speaks as coach, GM and owner.

I'm always reminded about what Jerry said when Parcells left. He said Parcells made him feel like he had to walk on egg shells. Translation: Parcells wanted to be the end-all, be-all, have the final say on everything and be the architect of this team. And Jerry compiled because (as he says now) he needed to restore the Cowboys to prominence because he needed Jerry World to be built.

Since he got his precious stadium, he forced Parcells out the door by forcing TO on him and has hired "Yes man" and coaches desperate for their chance to coach ever since.

Sorry, but Jason aint going anywhere. Jerry sees him as his Tom Landry so he's going to rid him as far as he can. The Cowboys are still making money so Jerry has no incentive to change. :(

This is where a real sports media in DFW would help. He's not getting away with that in PHI/NY/NE.

fifaguy

Reaction score

Since he got his precious stadium, he forced Parcells out the door by forcing TO on him and has hired "Yes man" and coaches desperate for their chance to coach.

a familiar yet accurate refrain...

supercowboy8

Reaction score
This is stupid. What about the games we won. There was a game plan there and took advantage of the mis matches.

I don't think this team was ready. They only hahad 2 days to get ready really. Coming off a Sunday night away game against a rival team that always plays close then having to fly across the country to get ready for a battle on thursday vs another division rival.

We just need to get refocused and ready for the bears on thursday night and then we should be ready after 10 days off for the eagles.

I think the hot seahawks will win next Sunday vs the Eagles and then we will beat the bears and eagles. That will give us a 1 game lead with 2 games to go.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm sorry. You have terminal brain cancer. Here's some Excedrin. They're extra strength.

And?

What do you want the person with terminal cancer to do? Just not take the medicine that makes the problem that can't be changed, removed, or killed more tolerable?

I don't understand man, at all to be quite honest, why you, or anyone, wants to give 2 ounces of crap about Jerry Jones and what he does or doesn't do. He is not going to change.

He is not going to sell the team.

He is not going to step out of the GM role.

These are facts.

Period. No way around them. Done deal.

So you really have two options.

A) You hope he lucks into hiring someone who can work around him and still be successful and win.

B) Choose another team to root for until Jerry Jones, and all his remaining family, die.

That's it. There's your two options because I don't care how many people piss, whine, moan, cry and message board scream about Jones isn't going to change this.

Yes Jones I the problem. YAY!!!! WOOOO!!!! We've seen that posted 10 million times. It's been right every single time.

But it's going to do absolutely nothing.

Ever.

So waiting around hoping for Jerry to change, complaining about the fact that he's the problem and won't change, is a complete waste of time.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hey normally I'd laugh at those who bought into this team once again, but I admit that 6-1 start sucked me in too.

Whenever I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

~gripping kitchen counter~

~collapsing to the floor~

For some reason this really had me laughing.

Bravo.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Kelly is a much better coach than Garrett. There's always excuses to be made, but that's what the evidence says right now.

I see what Garrett is trying to do here. I grasp the logic behind it. He wants a simple offense because a simple offense is a portable offense; it can win anywhere--much like the 90s Cowboys teams. Such an offense requires a high level of talent to function effectively week in and week out.

Unfortunately, in the modern, parity-driven NFL, such offenses aren't feasible anymore.

Reaction score
I seriously doubt Chip Kelley could have walked into Dallas and turned this thing around any faster with Jerry manning the steering wheel. Philly's offense is good, our offense is very good with a healthy Romo. Philly's defense is weak, but our defense is much, much weaker,,, that's a huge problem. You cannot be a contender if your defense cannot stop anybody unless your offense is a juggernaut.

Garrett might not be the answer, but that defense isn't his fault.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This, in a nutshell, is why I have a tough time getting excited about the Cowboys prospects while JG is at the helm.

In 5 years as a HC I haven't seen a single exceptional attribute in JG. In a league that is designed to enforce parity in terms of player talent due to the salary cap, coaching represents the biggest differentiator available to teams.

Truth...

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
You really think Jerry Jones gives a crap about what the media thinks?

Come on man.

He does in a way. He gets agitated with direct comments regarding their lack of success "when asked directly", which is rare. The DFW media dances around the topic and have bigger stones when writing their articles. But before BP came on board, he was starting to feel that heat due to the long gap from the glory days. He bought himself a cool distraction in Jerry World to keep the heat off more recently. I've never seen articles or interviews more accurately, that are angled to force the issue of; money over substance.

I generally hear, "he means well, and spends all this money, how could he not want to win, etc." So in a way, JJ generally wins the "intent" argument which already justifies his structure in way. The narrative should be, "why does the ego and $ take precedent over hiring a real HC and delegating GM responsibility like every other team in the league. Or..you have had 20 years with the current format; what gives you confidence that this season will be different though the structure remains dysfunctional...according to football men, etc." These pointed questions are rarely displayed and he did admit the heat of losing as the reason for hiring BP. He couldn't justify the new stadium otherwise. JJ loves the media; he wouldn't be consistently be drunk dialing them otherwise.:D

sbark

Reaction score
chip kelly in 2 years implemented a system that can succeed despite mark sanchez at the helm and multiple injuries to the offensive line. his system takes the pressure off the personnel and puts it on him to make i work.

jason garrett has been here for 7 years and still has a system that requires ultra-talented players at nearly every position (which is why the defense is constantly ignored) and puts immense pressure on the personnel to win their individual matchups. if there are any injuries or if one or two players play bad, all is lost. nothing is done to gameplan against individual teams and their weaknesses and nothing is done to create mismatches to help the personnel succeed in their on-on-one matchups.

jason garrett is a con-artist. he has conned a lot of you into thinking it's normal for this process to take this long. meanwhile the rest of the league continues to pass us by with less than half the time that has been afforded to this man. if we don't make the playoffs this year after all the good vibes from the first half of the season, he needs to be canned.

..........can add Ariz Bruce Ariens with Drew Stanton at the helm also to that short list