Chip Kelly in 2 years

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
You really think Jerry Jones gives a crap about what the media thinks?

Come on man.

Jerry's ego is big enough that they could put pressure on. He cares about public perception. Problem is right now the public only slightly considers him a detriment to the Cowboys success. Romo being the reason the Cowboys can't win comes up 100 times to 1 vs Jerry. I cannot tell you when I've had a conversation with a non Cowboys fan and they don't mention Romo as the key component for all of the team's issues. Joe Football Fan doesn't look past ESPN and some sportswriters told me Tony Romo sucks. We need the media calling out Jerry Jones, particularly the media in Dallas Fort Worth.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
He does in a way. He gets agitated with direct comments regarding their lack of success "when asked directly", which is rare. The DFW media dances around the topic and have bigger stones when writing their articles. But before BP came on board, he was starting to feel that heat due to the long gap from the glory days. He bought himself a cool distraction in Jerry World to keep the heat off more recently. I've never seen articles or interviews more accurately, that are angled to force the issue of; money over substance.

I generally hear, "he means well, and spends all this money, how could he not want to win, etc." When the narrative should be, "why does the ego and $ take precedent over hiring a real HC and delegating GM responsibility like every other team in the league. Or..you have had 20 years with the current format; what gives you confidence that this season will be different though the structure remains dysfunctional...according to football men, etc." These pointed questions are rarely displayed and he did admit the heat of losing as the reason for hiring BP. He couldn't justify the new stadium otherwise. JJ loves the media; he wouldn't be consistently drunk dialing them otherwise.

I remember he would get agitated and then tell them to keep it up because they motivated him.

All they'd do is make him dig his heels in even further.

They're not going to make him feel heat enough to change or do anything differently.

It's a pipe dream to think otherwise.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But it doesn't cure you.

How many head coaches do we need to go through before you guys realize the head coach in Dallas is set up to fail? That maybe you should stop blaming the powerless puppet and start focusing on the guy who actually created all this mess? What? Because he can't be replaced we should pretend he's not the issue?

Blaming Garrett is weak, lazy and a cop out. The #1 reason the Cowboys have been a dead franchise for too many years is Jerry Jones. The #2 reason is his fat son Stephen Jones. All other issues pale in comparison. This team lacks talent over half of it's roster (where are all the Anthony Hitchens haters at now?!?!) and is surrounded by a circus sideshow atmosphere with no discipline.

I refuse to waste my time blaming any of these coaches for doing exactly what every other coach has done since Jerry lost his mind and took a strangle hold on this team. Which is fail.

Same script. Same movie. The actors won't change anything. We need a new writer and director.

Blaming Garrett for non innovative game plans has nothing to do with Jerry.

Dallas has a quality team and it got absolutely schooled yesterday.

We looked like the original Nokia Cell and they looked like an iPhone.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Jerry's ego is big enough that they could put pressure on. He cares about public perception. Problem is right now the public only slightly considers him a detriment to the Cowboys success. Romo being the reason the Cowboys can't win comes up 100 times to 1 vs Jerry's. I cannot tell you when I've had a conversation with a non Cowboys fan and they don't mention Romo as the key component for all of the team's issues. Joe Football Fan doesn't look past ESPN and some sportswriters told me Tony Romo sucks. We need the media calling out Jerry Jones, particularly the media in Dallas Fort Worth.

Good.

Write into the media. Get them to call him out.

Watch in horror as he doesn't change one bit.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I seriously doubt Chip Kelley could have walked into Dallas and turned this thing around any faster with Jerry manning the steering wheel. Philly's offense is good, our offense is very good with a healthy Romo. Philly's defense is weak, but our defense is much, much weaker,,, that's a huge problem. You cannot be a contender if your defense cannot stop anybody unless your offense is a juggernaut. Pre-injury Romo I'd say "maybe", post-injury Romo I'd say definitely not,,,

Garrett might not be the answer, but that defense isn't his fault.

I think our defense is alright when they know their assignment.

When we're in zone and we're facing a play caller like Chip Kelly's it's a recipe for disaster.

links18

Reaction score
Yep. Jason is staying because he makes it comfortable for Jerry to be the owner. Jerry needs a coach who will allow him to share the limelight and who won't bristle when he speaks as coach, GM and owner.

I'm always reminded about what Jerry said when Parcells left. He said Parcells made him feel like he had to walk on egg shells. Translation: Parcells wanted to be the end-all, be-all, have the final say on everything and be the architect of this team. And Jerry compiled because (as he says now) he needed to restore the Cowboys to prominence because he needed Jerry World to be built.

Since he got his precious stadium, he forced Parcells out the door by forcing TO on him and has hired "Yes man" and coaches desperate for their chance to coach.

Sorry, but Jason aint going anywhere. Jerry sees him as his Tom Landry so he's going to rid him as far as he can. The Cowboys are still making money so Jerry has no incentive to change. :(

Except Tom Landry was actually good.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I remember he would get agitated and then tell them to keep it up because they motivated him.

All they'd do is make him dig his heels in even further.

They're not going to make him feel heat enough to change or do anything differently.

It's a pipe dream to think otherwise.

I think if he felt more pressure, he would hire a real HC (over time:D). Now the pressure may not come from DFW media as I would like, and you say wouldn't matter. But he doesn't deal with it on a consistent basis either. He gets a "pass" every TC when DFW media goes into smooch fest (look at some of our fans) that coax observers into believing "this time could be different". Hell, I've fell for it plenty of times. That is a pass that isn't shared in the NE (generally). But, I hear your point on digging in deeper. He got his stadium and PSL agreements that guarantee the $ flow regardless of fans deciding to boycott, etc. Dallas has a great PR machine tbh. They actually have fans believing 8-8 is an accomplishment (well all things considered:oops: yada yada)

Reaction score
I think our defense is alright when they know their assignment.

When we're in zone and we're facing a play caller like Chip Kelly's it's a recipe for disaster.

That's the thing about bad defenses,,, good play callers make mince-meat out of them.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Kelly drafted speed, and that is what kills the Cowboys. We have Carr and Scandrick and Moore as our cover corners. Problem is we can't cover speed. Our safeties can't cover either, Church is an in the box bruiser safety and I still have not figured out what Wilcox is good at or is supposed to be. Then we have Heath, who can't cover anyone and I guess Jakar Hamilton who can't pass a drug test, nor get on the field when he can. We have lumbering DLinemen that are not fast enough to get to the quarterback. We have linebackers that are a step too slow to cover tightends and backs. We have the great athlete Bruce Carter that has zero interest in playing football. The way the defense is constructed, Chip Kelly will put 50 up on us in Philly in the cold. This team has a history of wilting in the cold weather in late games that count. We never take the fight to the dog, we wait for the dog to bite us and sometimes if we feel like it, we fight back. Historically since Parcells left, we just let the dog keep biting us and then we go home and find a reason that we could not man up and fight back. This week was because of the short rest, didn't have to time to prepare, this guy was hurt, the Eagles hurt our feelings, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...for once, I would like to see this team of RKG's grow a set and come out angry, and smack the NFC East in the mouth and go for the jugular on the first play and never stop. The reason people love Jimmy Johnson was he motivated the entire team to come out and smack the 900lb. gorilla in the mouth and not to stop until the final seconds ticked off the clock. And the best part about that is knowing what we know now, most of the team was partying till the wee hours of the morning. They never used short rest for not performing. They just went out and did it. That is why they were 3x Super Bowl champions and this team is 8-8. I couldn't believe Mincey said the crowd has to step up and be better after the game. When would he like that? after the first drive that scored a TD? The second drive that scored a TD? How about after Beasley fumbling again? Or maybe after Terence Williams decided he wants to be an NFL player and not a ghost on gameday.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
STH up we can beat them in philly in two weeks stop crying .

Of course we can... Thats not the point.

The point is our offensive schemes are trash and they give us no edge on teams.

We can impose our will on anyone but if we get into a passing contest then it's just back to hoping Romo buys time and Dez makes a highlight reel catch while he's draped.

visionary

Reaction score
chip kelly in 2 years implemented a system that can succeed despite mark sanchez at the helm and multiple injuries to the offensive line. his system takes the pressure off the personnel and puts it on him to make i work.

jason garrett has been here for 7 years and still has a system that requires ultra-talented players at nearly every position (which is why the defense is constantly ignored) and puts immense pressure on the personnel to win their individual matchups. if there are any injuries or if one or two players play bad, all is lost. nothing is done to gameplan against individual teams and their weaknesses and nothing is done to create mismatches to help the personnel succeed in their on-on-one matchups.

jason garrett is a con-artist. he has conned a lot of you into thinking it's normal for this process to take this long. meanwhile the rest of the league continues to pass us by with less than half the time that has been afforded to this man. if we don't make the playoffs this year after all the good vibes from the first half of the season, he needs to be canned.

It's a process
What don't you get about that :rolleyes:?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So waiting around hoping for Jerry to change, complaining about the fact that he's the problem and won't change, is a complete waste of time.

But ... but ... but .. complaining about Jerry is so therapeutic. Let allow us to vent a little frustration even if we know nothing's going to change. :)

ilykdrama

Reaction score
These are great points man. It's this but also riding the line of "Maybe our players AREN'T as talented as we believe." It's true Chip Kelley has created a juggernaut on offense and the defense always seems to wake up when needed. This team just gets demoralized to quickly and loses all fight. Mistakes, laziness, and slow play always seem to be in the biggest games. On top of that they have no nastiness about them.

Reporters: Philly talked about how your Oline isnt that great?
Murray: guess we'll see on Thursday.

Sure. By getting your *** handed to you on Thanksgiving at home in a game where you could've taken the division.

Then Mincey being PATHETIC tweeting that they could barely hear Cowboys fans in the stadium and that "the defense needs us, they need help." Get a backbone. Give us something to cheer about in a big game. Im going to spend money to go to a game knowing I HAVE to cheer because the defense needs ME? And Im a ROWDY fan at the games. I guarantee there were a ton of people that were thinking....do I drop a TON of money on tickets on Thanksgiving to see the Cowboys play a game at home they have a 50/50 shot at winning, or do I spend time with family and watch at home?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Blaming Garrett for non innovative game plans has nothing to do with Jerry.

Dallas has a quality team and it got absolutely schooled yesterday.

We looked like the original Nokia Cell and they looked like an iPhone.

Your non innovative game plans critique is a fan crutch. You say the same thing over and over. Two months ago you were telling us how creative the offense was now that Linehan took over. As soon as they start losing, you decide the game plans aren't creative enough. That dang Linehan is another Garrett.

Dallas does not have a quality team. They have a quality half team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Your non innovative game plans critique is a fan crutch. You say the same thing over and over. Two months ago you were telling us how creative the offense was now that Linehan took over. As soon as they start losing, you decide the game plans aren't creative enough. That dang Linehan is another Garrett.

Dallas does not have a quality team. They have a quality half team.

The schemes are not creative. The playcalling is way better then it has been and I stand by that. I'm still a Linehan fan.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
We are 8-4.

They are 9-3.

Stop crying.

Also Romo looked really bad on the short rest. Hopefully the extended break here helps.

The week off will help with Romo's back and our boys should be ready for Chicago. The 10 day rest period will have a HUGE impact in the rematch. I'm sure that day period will be filled with wind sprints!!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The schemes are not creative. The playcalling is way better then it has been and I stand by that. I'm still a Linehan fan.

Keep parroting it. Maybe somebody will believe you.

Tell me again how a WR who consistently catches 90 balls, for 1200 yards and is one of the fastest WRs to 50 career TD catches "isn't even being used".