Chip Kelly in 2 years

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Eagles have always been built for playoffs being their ceiling. We've always taken years to build Championships!

mcmvp

Reaction score
Eagles have always been built for playoffs being their ceiling. We've always taken years to build Championships!

No. Every team builds for a championship. This is the NFL. There's always a little luck involved where championships are concerned. There are way too may variables. So coaching, preparation, and a solid organization, are paramount keys to success.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
No. Every team builds for a championship. This is the NFL. There's always a little luck involved where championships are concerned. There are way too may variables. So coaching, preparation, and a solid organization, are paramount keys to success.

Yup and their franchise has always fallen short of the Lombardi until proven otherwise.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
chip kelly in 2 years implemented a system that can succeed despite mark sanchez at the helm and multiple injuries to the offensive line. his system takes the pressure off the personnel and puts it on him to make i work.

jason garrett has been here for 7 years and still has a system that requires ultra-talented players at nearly every position (which is why the defense is constantly ignored) and puts immense pressure on the personnel to win their individual matchups. if there are any injuries or if one or two players play bad, all is lost. nothing is done to gameplan against individual teams and their weaknesses and nothing is done to create mismatches to help the personnel succeed in their on-on-one matchups.

jason garrett is a con-artist. he has conned a lot of you into thinking it's normal for this process to take this long. meanwhile the rest of the league continues to pass us by with less than half the time that has been afforded to this man. if we don't make the playoffs this year after all the good vibes from the first half of the season, he needs to be canned.

Chip Kelly is fixing to win back to back division titles in his first two years in the league and Boy Wonder is still trying to post a winning record almost half a decade on the job...............LMAO

And for those that say the team is so much better this year...............no, its not............we have beat 1 team all year that is above 500 (Seattle) and lost to everybody else.............we have stockpiled wins against scrub teams like the Jags and Titans and claimed we are making progress.

That aint progress in my book.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Chip Kelly is fixing to win back to back division titles in his first two years in the league and Boy Wonder is still trying to post a winning record almost half a decade on the job...............LMAO

And for those that say the team is so much better this year...............no, its not............we have beat 1 team all year that is above 500 (Seattle) and lost to everybody else.............we have stockpiled wins against scrub teams like the Jags and Titans and claimed we are making progress.

That aint progress in my book.

I feel you. I want a real offensive mind in here. But good teams beat the bad teams in this league and dallas has done that. We have plenty of holes but this team has a good shot at 10-6 and maybe playoffs we'll see.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Our 8 wins are against the Jags (1-10), Titans (2-9), Giants twice (3-8), Saints (4-7), Rams (4-7), Texans (5-6), and Seahawks (7-4). This pattern of beating bad teams has been played out for the past few seasons. I thought maybe we turned a corner with wins against the Seahawks and NO but that pattern from past years remains the same.

Garrett has always won against sub 500 scrub teams and lost to good teams with maybe 1 exception a year..........................that is the same pattern we have this season, we have beat the scrub teams and lost to the good teams with 1 exception (Seattle).

The team is really not significantly better than previous seasons, we just played more sub 500 teams this year (especially early on).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And what have they done other than be 1st round exits? Its a gimmick offense. Its no different than the wildcat. He's the Don Nelson of the NFL. He can turn a stinker into a contender but in reality they aren't contenders because they are a gimmick.

Eagirls aren't better than the Cowboys because of that gimmick offense. They are better than the Cowboys because their defense has more playmakers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Garrett has always won against sub 500 scrub teams and lost to good teams with maybe 1 exception a year..........................that is the same pattern we have this season, we have beat the scrub teams and lost to the good teams with 1 exception (Seattle).

The team is really not significantly better than previous seasons, we just played more sub 500 teams this year (especially early on).

I don't even think its that. I think its they have won games tehy were suppose to win. Last year there were about 2 or 3 games that they should've won if they just would've used the clock, came up with a key stop or made a field goal. They've done that this year. That's the biggest difference between this year and last. That being said, personnel wise, this roster is still lacking at key positions.

You're good enough to beat bad teams and bad enough to lose to good teams.

But that Seahawks win was HUGE. People will discredit it now because of how this season is starting to go but no one can sit here and belittle that win and how big it was.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
But it doesn't cure you.

How many head coaches do we need to go through before you guys realize the head coach in Dallas is set up to fail? That maybe you should stop blaming the powerless puppet and start focusing on the guy who actually created all this mess? What? Because he can't be replaced we should pretend he's not the issue?

Blaming Garrett is weak, lazy and a cop out. The #1 reason the Cowboys have been a dead franchise for too many years is Jerry Jones. The #2 reason is his fat son Stephen Jones. All other issues pale in comparison. This team lacks talent over half of it's roster (where are all the Anthony Hitchens haters at now?!?!) and is surrounded by a circus sideshow atmosphere with no discipline.

I refuse to waste my time blaming any of these coaches for doing exactly what every other coach has done since Jerry lost his mind and took a strangle hold on this team. Which is fail.

Same script. Same movie. The actors won't change anything. We need a new writer and director.

We're not getting a new writer and director in any of our lifetimes, so arguing about it is a waste of keystrokes.

Everything in the OP is spot on and I really couldn't have said it any better. What he's done with this offense is laughable. He's been working for seven years on installing a two-tight end offense that Bill Belichick mastered after one draft. Garrett took over the offense in 2007 and I can count the amount of screen passes I ever saw this team run on one hand prior to this season. Does he ever try to create mismatches, or does he just line up his 11 against your 11 and hope his guys are all at their best? That's why we beat the Giants. Nobody got outcoached. At the end, it came down to our offensive line putting together an all-time effort on the last drive to give Romo enough time to knit a sweater in the backfield before a receiver finally got open.

It's not easy, but it's been proven a head coach can succeed here. It has to be a special guy to get it done, but it can be done. Garrett is not that guy. He's had the time, and plenty of different assistant coaches have come and go around him to try to find something that works.

Garrett has gotten as far as he did because of nepotism and because he entered coaching at precisely the right time, when passing games around the league were exploding and everyone (especially Jerry Jones) was looking for that next young offensive genius. He didn't pay any sort of dues as a coach. He spent two years as a quarterbacks coach for a trainwreck Miami Dolphins team before getting carte blanche of the Cowboys offense. He's received "on the job training" as Jerry says, but who is teaching the course? Jerry and Stephen?

You're one of the guys here I agree with 99% of the time when I read your posts, and you're exactly right that Jerry created all this mess. He created it by making years of bad personnel and coaching decisions. What you can't seem to come to grips with is that hiring Jason Garrett was another in a string of those terrible decisions by Jerry. Garrett isn't a "diamond surrounded by trash" - he belongs in the dumpster along with the mile-long list of Jerry's other failed coaching and personnel hires.

wileedog

Reaction score
And what have they done other than be 1st round exits?.

LOL, what have we done? You think even if we somehow squeak into the playoffs this year we wont be first round exits? This defense gave up 880 yards the last two games, one of which to the 3-8 Giants.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
And what have they done other than be 1st round exits? Its a gimmick offense. Its no different than the wildcat. He's the Don Nelson of the NFL. He can turn a stinker into a contender but in reality they aren't contenders because they are a gimmick.

Eagirls aren't better than the Cowboys because of that gimmick offense. They are better than the Cowboys because their defense has more playmakers.

What is gimmicky about it? If the plays are executed as designed they will be successful, just like every pro style offense.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
After all that we're at 8-4 in control of our destiny. These type of threads only get started after a loss. Did we not beat them badly a year ago in their house? Weren't they held out of a TD? The only epic collapse going on is within the fan base. The team still has life and meaningful games to play. It's not over.

Come on now, don't actually use a logical thought process before posting here! This thread is only for the haters and Debbie Downers, although idk if they really even count as "downers" anymore considering their exuberant and seemingly JOVIAL demeanor following either a bad loss or any type of negative team event.

Anywho, I agree with yah completely 1981, the voice of logic is nonexistent amongst the over-reactors/Negative Nancies/fake fans who literally might be the most depressing, demoralizing "fans" in any sport with their ability to take a potentially still-bright outlook and turn it into Cow Dung.

Here is what we know: the Cowboys are 8-4 and still only one game out of first place with the ability to control their own destiny. Now, assuming they can move on from the Thanxgiving ****-storm and take care of da Bears in Chicago, this Dallas team is really not far behind.

IF the Seahawks are able to bum-rush the Philadelphia "INVINCIBLE CHIP KELLYS" this weekend and get a W in Philly, Guess who will once again be tied atop the NFC East at 9-4? DALLAS AND PHILLY! Oh and guess which two division rivals play each other again in 2 weeks??? DaLLaS AnD pHiLLy!!!!

So Please, Debbie Downers, get off the damn ledge, we're 1 week away (LITERALLY) from having the SAME RECORD as the Eagles and 2 weeks away from taking the DEFINITIVE LEAD in the NFC East race.

BTW, this question has been running through my mind all throughout this season:Are "Debbie Downers" on a COWBOYS Forum who are "COWBOYS FANS" supposed to be HAPPY that the team they allegedly root for is either losing or performing poorly??

I was always under the impression that the negativity was all null and void once the good things started happening but I was strongly reminded that this dynamic only occurs among TRUE Dallas Cowboys fans. There are too many fake fans/haters who rummage through these forums with nothing better to do than show up when things are bad and disappear when they're good. How many of these trolling fakers do we have lurking amongst these posts??

Last edited:

IAmLegend

Reaction score
While I agree, there's not much you can do with Jerry at the helm. No great coach is going to come here and play 2nd fiddle to Jerry and his ego. Garrett is the perfect puppet for Jerry, so he'll likely be here a while. The real problem lies with the owner, not the HC.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What is gimmicky about it? If the plays are executed as designed they will be successful, just like every pro style offense.

Its gimmicky. To their credit they got away with it but they had a commanding lead on us and they kept going into that hurry up. We were just so incomeptant on offense yesterday and the defense put itself in such a hole early that it didn't really matter but I kept seeing them in that 2nd half not use clock at all and they couldn't score in the red zone. They kept relying on getting 3 points. Which is fine but there was plenty of opportunity there to really put us out of our misery.

I'll concede the Eagirls are better than us. I won't be a sore loser about it. But it looks incredibly gimmicky and if we could've mustered up any consistent offense in that second half we could've got back in that game. It was there.

I've heard of teams going vanilla and just using clock to get out of there. That's not what they were doing. The longer the game went the worse Sanchez got.

LOL, what have we done? You think even if we somehow squeak into the playoffs this year we wont be first round exits? This defense gave up 880 yards the last two games, one of which to the 3-8 Giants.

We've done nothing either. But excuse me for not salivating over the thought of being the next Eagirls. They've have so much success. They are the blueprint to success lol.

And if we squeak into the playoffs I don't know what we will be. You can pretend to know but truthfully you don't know. And I don't know what the Eagirls will do either. For all I know they could be a Super Bowl team. And the team you guys are striving to mimic gave up 34 points to the Deadskins, 427 Yards to Kirk Cousins and gave up 511 total yards. So what is your point?

PoundTheRock

Reaction score

The Cowboys went from worst to first in 4 years the last time they went on a championship run. In 3 years, they were in the playoffs. Jason Garrett is going to miss the playoffs for 4 consecutive seasons as head coach for a full year and he's been here longer than those 4 years. Not sure what point you're making here.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Everything in the OP is spot on and I really couldn't have said it any better. What he's done with this offense is laughable. He's been working for seven years on installing a two-tight end offense that Bill Belichick mastered after one draft.

Actually it was several drafts. He tried first with Ben Watson and Daniel Graham. It was only when he got Gronkowski and Hernandez that it "succeeded", albeit briefly.

mcmvp

Reaction score

There is nothing gimmicky about their offense. They just train and prepare better...and therefore execute better