Chip Kelly in 2 years

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Our 8 wins are against the Jags (1-10), Titans (2-9), Giants twice (3-8), Saints (4-7), Rams (4-7), Texans (5-6), and Seahawks (7-4). This pattern of beating bad teams has been played out for the past few seasons. I thought maybe we turned a corner with wins against the Seahawks and NO but that pattern from past years remains the same.

Same exact team, most people including myself have been duped. But after witnessing the last 5 games, this team has ABSOLUTELY no right to be in the playoffs. And if they somehow claw their way in, it will be a first round exit. Optimistically I see 10-6, and realistically from previous Decembers I see 9-7.

Wood

Reaction score
chip kelly in 2 years implemented a system that can succeed despite mark sanchez at the helm and multiple injuries to the offensive line. his system takes the pressure off the personnel and puts it on him to make i work.

jason garrett has been here for 7 years and still has a system that requires ultra-talented players at nearly every position (which is why the defense is constantly ignored) and puts immense pressure on the personnel to win their individual matchups. if there are any injuries or if one or two players play bad, all is lost. nothing is done to gameplan against individual teams and their weaknesses and nothing is done to create mismatches to help the personnel succeed in their on-on-one matchups.

jason garrett is a con-artist. he has conned a lot of you into thinking it's normal for this process to take this long. meanwhile the rest of the league continues to pass us by with less than half the time that has been afforded to this man. if we don't make the playoffs this year after all the good vibes from the first half of the season, he needs to be canned.

its great point because Garrett system demands huge contracts where Kelly system is simply plug-n-play and much cheaper.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Where was the GREAT Chip Kelly offense against Green Bay?? Do us a favor and don't just walk to the ledge, jump off.

It only work when they can run the ball with McCoy.

The Packers were up 17 nothing in the 1st quarter (28-3 in the 1st half) and the Eagles had to junk their running game.

I sure wish the Cowboys started out faster on offense. It's the perfect foil for the Eagles.

mcmvp

Reaction score
its great point because Garrett system demands huge contracts where Kelly system is simply plug-n-play and much cheaper.

Chip doesn't have a system. He really doesn't. It's the biggest myth out there. Not unless you consider his up-tempo style a 'system'. He trains the players in practice ever faster than they play in games...so the games actually seem slow to them. But that is not a 'system'. A system assumes the coach wants it a certain way no matter what the personnel is....and the play calls will be the same. Chip doesn't do that.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Scares me how much better the Packers are than us than

The difference, more than anything IMHO, is it's absolute insanity to blitz Rodgers. The Eagles tried to stick to their plan and blitz him and Rodgers ate them alive.

Romo (and the Cowboys OL) recently have had troubles with the blitz.

Zordon

Reaction score

i'm telling you man jason is a GM's nightmare. he needs all resources for his offense to function properly. nearly every position must have a stud or else the system is compromised. this is how the defense gets no attention.

Zordon

Reaction score
Where are the Cowboys ultra-talented? Dez and who else. The OL is good but still really young. Romo is good but very limited with injuries. Witten is past his prime. The only ultra talent on defense is a reclamation project with nagging injuries (RoMc). Murray has done well with this OL, but I'm not sure the Cowboys rushing threat is as dangerous as Philly's has become.

on offense i'd say they are at least above average compared to the rest of the league at 10 of 12 positions. the only two positions that are questionable are the second tight end and t-will. the team has had more resources to play with imo than kelly. have you read up on all the injuries they've had this year on their oline? could imagine the excuses that would be coming out of VR if we had similar injuries on offense. i don't like this guy's playbook X, it's wayyy too dependent on talent and execution rather than scheme. that's unacceptable considering he's been here since 2007.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
on offense i'd say they are at least above average compared to the rest of the league at 10 of 12 positions. the only two positions that are questionable are the second tight end and t-will. the team has had more resources to play with imo than kelly. have you read up on all the injuries they've had this year on their oline? could imagine the excuses that would be coming out of VR if we had similar injuries on offense. i don't like this guy's playbook X, it's wayyy too dependent on talent and execution rather than scheme. that's unacceptable considering he's been here since 2007.

Just for the sake of it, Philly's O line was the healthiest it's been all season. Not arguing just pointing it out. Still no excuse for our poor showing.

Zordon

Reaction score
But it doesn't cure you.

How many head coaches do we need to go through before you guys realize the head coach in Dallas is set up to fail? That maybe you should stop blaming the powerless puppet and start focusing on the guy who actually created all this mess? What? Because he can't be replaced we should pretend he's not the issue?

Blaming Garrett is weak, lazy and a cop out. The #1 reason the Cowboys have been a dead franchise for too many years is Jerry Jones. The #2 reason is his fat son Stephen Jones. All other issues pale in comparison. This team lacks talent over half of it's roster (where are all the Anthony Hitchens haters at now?!?!) and is surrounded by a circus sideshow atmosphere with no discipline.

I refuse to waste my time blaming any of these coaches for doing exactly what every other coach has done since Jerry lost his mind and took a strangle hold on this team. Which is fail.

Same script. Same movie. The actors won't change anything. We need a new writer and director.
e

if that's the case, then there is no hope. what is the point of being a fan?

i think jerry can be blamed for most everything but i believe the team has been good enough to make the playoffs AT THE VERY LEAST once during the last four seasons.

cml750

Reaction score
chip kelly in 2 years implemented a system that can succeed despite mark sanchez at the helm and multiple injuries to the offensive line. his system takes the pressure off the personnel and puts it on him to make i work.

jason garrett has been here for 7 years and still has a system that requires ultra-talented players at nearly every position (which is why the defense is constantly ignored) and puts immense pressure on the personnel to win their individual matchups. if there are any injuries or if one or two players play bad, all is lost. nothing is done to gameplan against individual teams and their weaknesses and nothing is done to create mismatches to help the personnel succeed in their on-on-one matchups.

jason garrett is a con-artist. he has conned a lot of you into thinking it's normal for this process to take this long. meanwhile the rest of the league continues to pass us by with less than half the time that has been afforded to this man. if we don't make the playoffs this year after all the good vibes from the first half of the season, he needs to be canned.

Excellent post!!! Agree 100%.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
The Eagles have been stocking the pantry for years and as a result haven't been nearly as depleted as we have. We have more guys playing on other teams that we have drafted than we do on this team. It feels like we draft the wrong positions like Marty Bennett TE, or we just give up on people like Mike Jenkins CB. It results in us having big holes in our team.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It only work when they can run the ball with McCoy.

The Packers were up 17 nothing in the 1st quarter (28-3 in the 1st half) and the Eagles had to junk their running game.

I sure wish the Cowboys started out faster on offense. It's the perfect foil for the Eagles.

Anybody know if we won the toss and deferred? I sure hope not...

Zordon

Reaction score
We will find out pretty quick on Thursday in Chicago what the state of the team is. The Cowboys could quit but I don't think they will. It's a gut check for them and I'm anxious to see how they respond. The Eagles got embarrassed in Green Bay and bounced back pretty well and we could do the same. Those mighty Packers barely beat the Vikings after that. We shouldn't have been but it was pretty obvious the defense was running on fumes from the very start and with a ten day break I don't think that will happen the second time.

we'll find out what type of team this is if we make the playoffs. they can very easily beat chicago and still miss the playoffs which is why chicago game is meaningless in the bigger picture. this team has to make the playoffs, period.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
we'll find out what type of team this is if we make the playoffs. they can very easily beat chicago and still miss the playoffs which is why chicago game is meaningless in the bigger picture. this team has to make the playoffs, period.

I don't think any game we play moving forward is meaningless; especially a conference game.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score

Dude please do us all a damn favor and get the hell out of here, i mean GOOD Lord man. What kinda Dallas "fan" are you?? Honestly, there are way too many "Cowboy Fans" like this Zordon character and simply put, I cannot stand "fans" like these anymore. They spend all of their energy chastising and lambasting the 'Boys after a bad loss and DISAPPEAR when we win, it is a damn joke. I haven't been on this forum that long but I have already picked up on who the local clown haters are, and this cat ZORDON seems to take the cake as the village idiot. Zordon, again, please, do us all a favor and GO ROOT FOR THE EAGLES if you think Chip ******* Kelly is so great dude, no one on the Cowboys nor this board needs you as a fan.