Chip Kelly/Quinn package deal for Seattle?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Does blame for the inadequate personnel on D in Dallas land on Quinn, or was he asked or make lemonade out of lemons? This is a guy who coached Wagner, Wright and Thomas for a couple of years in Seattle.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Does blame for the inadequate personnel on D in Dallas land on Quinn, or was he asked or make lemonade out of lemons? This is a guy who coached Wagner, Wright and Thomas for a couple of years in Seattle.
I am sure Dan got what his priorities were. 25 DB's

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Kelly's offense doesn't work at the NFL level. It works in college when you can just buy a faster offense than your opponent can cover, and you can run 50 plays over and over because the defense doesn't have enough NCAA-limited study time to stop them. But the NFL has already eaten his scheme up once.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ron Rivera in here or Vrabel makes sense unless we stay in house and elevate a guy.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Just Cowboys fans looking for blood. DQ is a good DC with his faults, like any other DC. He's been given pretty crummy groceries and cooked a very good meal.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Just Cowboys fans looking for blood. DQ is a good DC with his faults, like any other DC. He's been given pretty crummy groceries and cooked a very good meal.
Seattle kinda feels like a lateral move for him when you look at the talent there.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
If they're still losing in January and getting run over in the process.. does it really matter? The D couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. It's not like the Packers are a powerhouse football team. It was as embarrassing as it gets. That one play alone to the TE was just sad to see and a fireable offense. It's not hate.. it's just time to move on. This D can't stop the run and I'd like to continue the search for someone who will take that seriously. Not think you can have a bunch of safeties playing LB behind a sub par D line. It's a problem.
It was a bad game. But one bad game. I’m far more worried about our head coach and QB. I think DQ makes the best with what our GM gives him. This continues to be one of the most undisciplined teams and continues to have no fight in big games. The QB looks like a nervous wreck in the first half of big games. The D hasn’t looked bad in all big games and is typically behind the 8 ball from our QB giving the other team the ball in these games. I recall how bad this defense looked only two years ago under Nolan. That’s the fear I have, that our GM will bring in someone much worse.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I really don’t get all the DQ hate. Yes I saw what happened in the playoff game and the run defense needs to be improved. Do you guys really think our GM will find someone better?
Yes!!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Depends on who we bring in.

We havent been able to stop the run since hes been here
That predates long before him. I still have flashbacks of Kris Richards getting in LVE and Jaylon *** for sucking against the Rams agains the run.

Is it a personnel issue or is it scheme? I've never seen an issue with Quinn stopping the run in Atlanta or Seattle.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
DQ's personnel decisions on defense are one of the definitive reasons why this team has been run all over for the last few years. I will give him credit that he turned what was a historically bad unit in 2020 into a top-5 scoring defense in a very short amount of time, but in almost every game against good competition this year the defense struggled.

The defensive performance the second half of the season was just not very good. I would like to see some fresh perspective at defensive coordinator.
Since when is Quinn in charge of personnel?