Chip Kelly/Quinn package deal for Seattle?

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Someone wants to repeat the Chip Kelly experiment? LOL.
I would pay a little bit to watch Chimp Kelly. He does the craziest things that you don't see in modern NFL football. Don't know if he'll win or not but it's fun watching. I know one thing you don't want to be a DC on a team running his offense. You are in a no-win position, and the players never have time to rest before their back on the field.

nobody

Reaction score
People are just emotional. It makes no sense. A month ago we were crying at the possible thought of losing him now people want him gone lol
He basically sabotaged the game with the scheme switch that was inexplicable. Why retain a coach who's going to guarantee failure when it matters most?

Chasing6

Reaction score
You think it is management who selected the players with little insight from Quinn?? I think Quinn told management the type of players he needed and got most of them. Time to go?
Time to go for everyone because there are 10 better DC's waiting to take a 1 year contract.

Trade Dak because a QB with the 24th pick will be an upgrade, over an MVP/Offensive player of the year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You think it is management who selected the players with little insight from Quinn?? I think Quinn told management the type of players he needed and got most of them. Time to go?
So you think Lve and Overshown fit this description? Safeties playing linebacker?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He basically sabotaged the game with the scheme switch that was inexplicable. Why retain a coach who's going to guarantee failure when it matters most?
He failed one time. Trying to overcompensate for the roster he was given.

tomokawan

Reaction score
So you think Lve and Overshown fit this description? Safeties playing linebacker?
I was not a big fan of LV. I have not seen Overshown play a regular season game. I get your point. You believe management was more responsible for the defense failure. I disagree.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I was not a big fan of LV. I have not seen Overshown play a regular season game. I get your point. You believe management was more responsible for the defense failure. I disagree.
I don’t blame the front office for Quinn failing I’m just not giving him credit for wanting small linebackers and no defensive tackles. He’s not in charge of personnel.

tomokawan

Reaction score
I don’t blame the front office for Quinn failing I’m just not giving him credit for wanting small linebackers and no defensive tackles. He’s not in charge of personnel.
Got. I agree. My problem with him is the same. He seems to never want big DT's or Big Linebackers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It’s a wonder Chip Kelly has been black balled by all 32 teams after the job he did in Philly. He swapped Nick Foles for Sam Bradford. Foles ends up coming back to Philly after Kelly was fired and won a SB for them.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He's not in charge of personnel? Then how would it be his fault.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Got. I agree. My problem with him is the same. He seems to never want big DT's or Big Linebackers.
Well you can't just draft a big DT just to draft one. We drafted Mazi(never?) in the first round and so far it is not working out as well as we hoped.

If you go back and listen to the decision being made to pick Mazi. It becomes apparent to me that we were not properly prepared for this draft.

We did not really know who to pick, which makes me believe the guy who we thought would be available was not.

When you get the guy you want everyone is excited. It definitely was not best player available. It was in attempt to fill a hole and when you do that, it usually ends up poorly. That is why the saying best player available was created.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Well you can't just draft a big DT just to draft one. We drafted Mazi(never?) in the first round and so far it is not working out as well as we hoped.

If you go back and listen to the decision being made to pick Mazi. It becomes apparent to me that we were not properly prepared for this draft.

We did not really know who to pick, which makes me believe the guy who we thought would be available was not.

When you get the guy you want everyone is excited. It definitely was not best player available. It was in attempt to fill a hole and when you do that, it usually ends up poorly. That is why the saying best player available was created.
That definitely could have been the case.