Chip Kelly/Quinn package deal for Seattle?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Chip Kelly has got to be the biggest coaching enigma in my lifetime. That guy has sucked for over a decade. His stint in the NFL was laughable.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Since when is Quinn in charge of personnel?
NFL coordinators help to inform the type of personnel they are getting on their side of the ball.

Your coaches and front office work together to determine the positions where there is a need.

For whatever reason he must have indicated to the front office that he thought playing most of the season with ONE actual LB on the roster (and not a very good one at that) was going to be A-OK, otherwise there is no reason the front office would have sat on their hands the way they did.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
NFL coordinators help to inform the type of personnel they are getting on their side of the ball.

Your coaches and front office work together to determine the positions where there is a need.

For whatever reason he must have indicated to the front office that he thought playing most of the season with ONE actual LB on the roster (and not a very good one at that) was going to be A-OK, otherwise there is no reason the front office would have sat on their hands the way they did.
Why would he do that? In Seattle he had linebackers. In Atlanta he had them. This is a front office issue not Quinn. He coaches who they give him.

Gambit

Reaction score
Why would he do that? In Seattle he had linebackers. In Atlanta he had them. This is a front office issue not Quinn. He coaches who they give him.
There was a decision made by someone or a group of someone's we would go light at position count for LB coming out of camp.

Then another decision made after LVE went down not to bring in anyone major. However the 3 that were brought in or looked at all have decent size, just bottom of barrel types.

I suspect you're right, it was a front office decision for what ever reason. I also don't expect it to be one made this off-season.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chip Kelly why :laugh: :huh:
Chip might be a good OC. He face planted in Philly bc the organization handed over everything to him. Even Howie Roseman had to take a back seat. Chip was a terrible evaluator of talent. If he’s not the one picking the players and he can focus on just offense, it could work.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have a hard time believing there was zero input, but I suppose we will never know the full truth. Trust me though, I’ve got no love lost for this front office.

If you want to blame the roster construction or not, I just truly think it’s time for a new face at DC. We can’t keeping running back the status quo and expect different results.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Think that Quinn could become the next Seahawk coach and could see Kelly being his OC but wouldn't be surprised if Quinn wanted Kellen Moore as his OC. Hard to believe that Harbaugh would want Moore to stay on as OC with Chargers.

Four opening left for HC:
Washington - probably will be Ben Johnson as soon as Detroit is done in playoffs
Seattle - odds favorite Quinn
Atlanta - things pointing to Bill Belichick if they can trade for a real QB
Carolina - Vrabel or Canales seem like the better bets although could see Vrabel as Atlanta's coach or if they take Belichick then Vrabel could be his DC.

Majic

Reaction score
Think that Quinn could become the next Seahawk coach and could see Kelly being his OC but wouldn't be surprised if Quinn wanted Kellen Moore as his OC. Hard to believe that Harbaugh would want Moore to stay on as OC with Chargers.

Four opening left for HC:
Washington - probably will be Ben Johnson as soon as Detroit is done in playoffs
Seattle - odds favorite Quinn
Atlanta - things pointing to Bill Belichick if they can trade for a real QB
Carolina - Vrabel or Canales seem like the better bets although could see Vrabel as Atlanta's coach or if they take Belichick then Vrabel could be his DC.
If Seattle really want Quinn they are making hard work of it.

Atlanta-Belichick? Are you sure? Maybe Vrabel?

Nexx

Reaction score
You guys are nuts if you think we are better without Quinn. Think logical here.
my only questions is, did DQ have 100% say on the type of personnel for his defense? did he insist that 215 pound safeties could play full time at the linebacker position or did he do his best with what was given to him? if he is insistent on running with parts that dont work then I am fine with letting DQ go.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
my only questions is, did DQ have 100% say on the type of personnel for his defense? did he insist that 215 pound safeties could play full time at the linebacker position or did he do his best with what was given to him? if he is insistent on running with parts that dont work then I am fine with letting DQ go.
I mean of course he didn’t they drafted Overshown and LVE. I think he would rather have Bell out there than a Rashaad Evans. He did the best with what was given to him IMo. His history says he’s love a Wagner and a Wright but just didn’t have it here.

HMJYay

Reaction score
When the defense doesn’t lead the league is scoring (and pull up the offensive scoring ranking) will people still be happy about this? lol

tomokawan

Reaction score
People are just emotional. It makes no sense. A month ago we were crying at the possible thought of losing him now people want him gone lol
After the SF, Seattle, Buffalo, and Green Bay games, you don't think we have seen enough??? His defenses get shredded against good team and he fails to adjust. Although he is a good DC, it is time to move on with this small DT, small LB defense. It ain't working.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
After the SF, Seattle, Buffalo, and Green Bay games, you don't think we have seen enough??? His defenses get shredded against good team and he fails to adjust. Although he is a good DC, it is time to move on with this small DT, small LB defense. It ain't working.
I don’t believe that’s apart of his philosophy…..

Praxit

Reaction score
Amen brother... Can't get any clearer than that