Chip Kelly versus Jason Garrett

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by erod, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

94,486 Messages
    19,834 Likes Received
    No escaping pressure is not luck, Romo does it quite often, Romo outside the pocket signals Williams to come across the field and throws a perfect pass and Williams makes the grab. That is not luck. Is that the play that was drawn up? No but then that in and of itself does not make it luck.

2. scooper

scooper Benched

154 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    I stand by my statement. There was as much "luck" in that play as there was "execution."

3. Doomsday101

94,486 Messages
    19,834 Likes Received
    You can stand by whatever you choose it is free country.

4. scooper

scooper Benched

154 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    Thanks for this reassurance. I feel better now.

5. Doomsday101

94,486 Messages
    19,834 Likes Received
    You must since you went through the trouble of telling me how reassured you were and feeling better.

6. BluMen

BluMen Member

60 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Seriously? Barry Switzer also won a Super Bowl. The eagles were in much better shape when Chip took than when Garrett took over the Cowboys.

7. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

12,305 Messages
    4,073 Likes Received
    There is that Lions game BS again.

8. scooper

scooper Benched

154 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    Which coach inherited a franchise QB, hall of fame TE, hall of fame pass rusher, blue chip young talent at WR, MLB, and a team a year off of an 11-5 record, division title, and playoff win?

Because I'm pretty sure it was Garrett.

But please tell us how he's had to revamp the roster while ignoring he's on year four and Kelly replaced more than 2/3s of the Eagles 2012 roster.

khiladi and BigStar like this.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

53,079 Messages
    84,094 Likes Received
    Garrett also inherited Jerry Jones and the bat bleep crazy Jones family.

If you don't see the difference, you're lost.

10. scooper

scooper Benched

154 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    Parcels did too. Still made the playoffs with Quincy Carter. Wade had Jerry and his family. Still won the division and a playoff game.

If you have a franchise QB and good coaching, you can win in this league. For too long, we've had a franchise QB and subpar coaching. Thus us toiling in mediocracy.

11. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

17,049 Messages
    5,132 Likes Received
    Really?

BigStar and scooper like this.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Riding the Red Rocket Staff Member

55,835 Messages
    54,879 Likes Received

Oh, look everybody: sports message board kabuki. I can't wait to see what happens next.

13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

24,222 Messages
    17,747 Likes Received
    Wow, 16 pages..............LOL

How about a compromise instead of all this arguing.................lets wait and see what happen in the two games when Garrett and Chip go head to head.

If Chip totally schools Garrett and the Eagles win both games...............then we can say Chip is better.

If Garrett totally schools Chip and the Boyz win both games.................then we can say that Garrett is better.

If they coach to a draw and the two teams split with each other.................then we can say that Garrett and Chip are about the same coaching wise.

Primetime42 and Red Dragon like this.
  14. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing

8,550 Messages
    7,686 Likes Received
    That would be great:D, but that isn't what this argument involves. It involves Kelly's coaching influence in the quick turn around, not his golden prowess established as a HC. Kelly is being used as a barometer because he has outdone Garret in 1/4 of the time...that is all. If we wanted to compare great HC's in general, JG wouldn't even be in the discussion tbh; Kelly only bc he made the playoffs without a franchise QB and sustained success into his second season but he is still has a ways to go himself. That is part of the disconnect (in general, not just your post specifically) in this exchange. Still hope the Eagles crash and burn...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

53,079 Messages
    84,094 Likes Received
    Parcells had the skins on the wall to force the lunatic to make concessions when he was hired. They talked about it at length when he took the job.

Garrett doesn't have that resume.

Honestly, its amazing to me how completely clueless a lot of our diehard fans are to what actually takes place with this team.

16. scooper

scooper Benched

154 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    Parcels best coaching job was his first year here, winning with a laughable roster. That was superior coaching.

Wade also had a lot of success here. He didn't have the skins on the wall but he could coach defense.

Jason gives us no advantage whatsoever. But it isn't his fault, per se. He's in over his head. No way anyone should be an NFL coach after only what, 7 years total coaching experience on any level.

There is a reason this team has gone through three play callers and three defensive coordinators since Jason took over as head coach 4 years ago. He isn't sure what he's doing, isn't succeeding, and others are playing scapegoats.

I'll grant you very few coaches will have legitimate success with this GM, but Jason is as mediocre a coach as there is in the NFL. He isn't the answer. Jerry keeps him because Jerry isn't walking on egg shells.

Dave_in-NC likes this.
  17. erod

erod Well-Known Member

26,812 Messages
    36,661 Likes Received
    You mean the team that was 1-7 and giving up 40 points a game when Wade was fired?

18. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

7,067 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    I return to see that the thread lives... lol

Haters gonna hate. Go Cowboys! Go Garrett!

cowboys1981 likes this.
  19. scooper

scooper Benched

154 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    The team quit on Wade. That was obvious. It went 11-5 the year before with largely the same roster. And Garrett had a hand in a number of those losses.

20. Idgit

Idgit Riding the Red Rocket Staff Member

55,835 Messages
    54,879 Likes Received
    If anybody at all is fooled by the play acting we've got going on in this thread between Risen and scooper---and I can't imagine how in the world anybody would be--you just need to look at scooper's pretend-pivot here on Jason Garrett to understand the game that's going on here:

Today:

Vs. June 3, 2014, *before* the 6 game winning streak and 7-3 at the bye:

We allow posters who follow the guidelines to share their thoughts here, which I think is a good thing. It doesn't mean we have to pretend you guys are sincere. This sort of juvenile play-acting from grown men I find embarrassing, personally.

I lump it in the same category I reserve for our Snowbirds who only show up in the winter to complain about the temperature and drive-by snipe without supporting opinions. It's all garbage, but we allow garbage here up to a point.

Primetime42 likes this.