Choice is for real, no doubt.

hutru01

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2494261 said:
What a beautiful mess.

Instead of earth wind and fire, we have our own 3 RB tandem. I call it, the three headed snake. :laugh2:

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Eskimo;2494208 said:
Kind of an expensive 3rd down back at $45M, no? I wonder if we can trade him and take the cap hit? Maybe we can do it in 2010 as that is an uncapped year.

I don't pay any attention to the $$$$ when it comes to my opinions of who should/shouldn't be a starter or whatever.

When you let the $$$$ dictate who's starting, then you are in trouble....there are plenty of examples of this. JM isn't yet ready for the NFL in Oakland.....yet his pay is what, IMO, has him on the field...to the detriment of their team. Granted that they aren't DEEP at the QB position, but the guy just isn't ready yet.....he's a couple of years if ever from being ready.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
I agree with all the Choice love. I just wish we had this kind of problem at backup QB and on the OL. That would be a near-perfect team right there.

Reaction score
All three running backs will see the field next year and it will be a good thing because defenses will have to game plan even more.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Hailmary;2494272 said:
Let's not call him elite just yet. There was a time when I thought JuJo was going to be the second coming of Barry Sanders.

Don't get me wrong, I think he has a very high ceiling, but it'll take more than two games before I call him elite.

I'm not saying he is elite overall, ala LT or AD - I am saying those skills he has are elite for the position. There are lots of other skills like speed, power, burst, etc.

Eskimo

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2494326 said:
All three running backs will see the field next year and it will be a good thing because defenses will have to game plan even more.

All 3 are very different from one another. I hope we find a way of utilizing more than one of them at a time.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Choice is the MVP the last two weeks.

He's been huge covering for barber. Over 300 yards combined over the last two weeks.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Hailmary;2494272 said:
Let's not call him elite just yet. There was a time when I thought JuJo was going to be the second coming of Barry Sanders.

Don't get me wrong, I think he has a very high ceiling, but it'll take more than two games before I call him elite.

you needed glasses back then, because JUJo had no elusiveness about him, all he was, was an High School RB that was plying in the NFL. he just tried to run as fast as he can thru the hole, and therefore was the reason he ran into the back of his OL.

I was one that kept telling people that JUJo was not that good, I am a Notre Dame fan, and he never did anything in college, he was always pulled in favor of Grant. I kept saying that MBIII was better and everyone thought I was crazy in this forum, but I knew eventually I would have the last say.

MONT17

Reaction score
I look forward to see TC in the offseason program... he can put about 10lbs muscle on with no problem!

He needs to stop running b4 he catches the ball but im sure thats nerves!

next year MB3 should be able to return to his closer role!

Batman

Reaction score
ChrisCanty99;2494308 said:
I agree with all the Choice love. I just wish we had this kind of problem at backup QB and on the OL. That would be a near-perfect team right there.

I am thinking next year in the draft, if an absolute steal at LB or DL falls to us, we gotta go there just to make our D even more dominating. Outside of that, we need to look at OL first and maybe consider QB for a back up. Johnson is terrible.

We are set at WR, RB, and our defense is very solid, but I also would be quite pleased if a steal falls to us at DB or safety. Free agency, resign the key players, any additions are a bonus.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
You guys are nuts to think that MB is not an everydown back and shouldn't be the starter. Right now he's not himself. He can't do that lateral jump move of his.

Barber is the elite back. The other two are for now backups. They just happen to be very good backups. As good as Choice is he's still the number three back on this team and for good reason.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
jobberone;2494577 said:
You guys are nuts to think that MB is not an everydown back and shouldn't be the starter. Right now he's not himself. He can't do that lateral jump move of his.

Barber is the elite back. The other two are for now backups. They just happen to be very good backups. As good as Choice is he's still the number three back on this team and for good reason.

Who said this?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
If Choice keeps this up, some team thats desperate at RB is gonna offer Jerruh quite a bit for him. I havent studied the draft any at all yet and have no idea who may or may not come out, but somebody is gonna call I bet.

And hopefully Jerruh hangs up.

Eskimo

Reaction score
jobberone;2494577 said:

I want an open competition in the next camp and let the best RB win. I think with a year of experience under his belt and a year of pro offseason conditioning that Choice will beat out Barber in next year's camp.

Eskimo

Reaction score
dbair1967;2494646 said:
If Choice keeps this up, some team thats desperate at RB is gonna offer Jerruh quite a bit for him. I havent studied the draft any at all yet and have no idea who may or may not come out, but somebody is gonna call I bet.

And hopefully Jerruh hangs up.

If Choice continues to play like he has the last two weeks, he will beat out Barber for #1 RB next year. He now has to demonstrate consistency - the ability to do it week after week. The ability is there.

Whoever is lowest on the depth chart would be trade bait but if it ends up being Barber, he will be untradeable due to the size of his bonus. If he does end up as #3, we might be able to move him in 2010 after the cap is gone, though - maybe get an elite LB, OL, NT or S.

Batman

Reaction score
I am hoping this coming game against the Ravens, we can get Choice 20 carries and have at least 5 passes designed for him. I am hoping for at least 3 screen passes with Choice hopefully being the hot read. He seems to have a real good feel for being very effective on screens. If we can get Choice more involved in the offense, winning from here on out could be a little easier.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Batman;2493363 said:
He did not have a great game, but gosh darn, he is a fierce fighter with that never say die attitude and just never, ever gives up. He did a few little things tonight that were big. He definitely has great vision and accelertion and his speed is better than rated. This guy is a FOOTBALL GUY!! I am so glad he got that last TD run. Keep this man in Dallas, it is great when you have firey, passionate never say die players like that.

For a rookie, in his second game with significant time, he had an OUTSTANDING game.

91 yards rushing, and a game sealing TD, and added 52 more yards recieving on top of that. That's pretty darn great.

SO thrilled we have him and so thrilled I picked him up and started him in both my fantasy leagues.

Batman

Reaction score
41gy#;2494752 said:
The Dallas Cowboys are LOADED at tailback.

What a steal!

Another thing, if Choice causes some real problems for defenses, this can really open things up for T.O. again as well. If Choice starts running all over defenses, they may be forced to try and stack 8 in the box.