Chris Carter gives Cole Beasley some chin music

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Beasley is a JAG. He is not uncoverable in the slot, he's excellent against LBs and some safeties and when there are better receivers on the field to get attention. His disappearance in games is largely blamed on Dak, and he is missed sometimes, just like every other receiver in the league, but his problems are he hasn't been getting open.

He's a 1 trick pony, and the league figured him out.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He's a jag. Uncoverable? What's he have like 25 catches this year? Lol
Are you a rock? What does the # of catches have to do with being uncoverable? There’s usually 3 to 4 WR’s each play and a QB following what the OC has called as a play. Jeez, you’re embarrassing yourself here.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s a good player, and I would love to have him back as a compliment to Cooper and Gallup, But his ego and attitude seem to dictate a departure from Dallas. Not blaming him for wanting more touches,or even for thinking he has earned them, but whining on on social media like an entitled millennial is a poor way to handle it.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Beasley probably should have gotten a few more targets than he did. Does that mean he should be the leading target option....no, but there have been games where it seemed like we forgot he was on the team. It was especially true, since we had inconsistent TE production throughout the year.
Inconsistent TE production? Try NONE until the season finale against the G-aints.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Are you a rock? What does the # of catches have to do with being uncoverable? There’s usually 3 to 4 WR’s each play and a QB following what the OC has called as a play. Jeez, you’re embarrassing yourself here.

:rolleyes:

You just called Cole uncoverable and I'm the one embarrassing myself..

Ok. Lol..you'd think an uncoverable guy would be looked to more than 3 times a game, eh?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Is Cole Beasley self-aware? That's my dude. I've always considered him Beastly... But he really changed my opinion this year with his selfish Twitter rants. I was able to catch Chris this morning on one of those runs where you just sit back and absorb the gospel from one of the best to ever do it. Hopefully Cole was watching too.... Enjoy.

I think he's just wrong there. Beasley has been our best or next best WR for years now.

You can sniff at a possession WR, but you need those guys who can convert reliably if you want to be a run first, ball control team.

This year, Cole was the best WR until Cooper showed up.
In 2017, Cole was the guy teams doubled.
2016, before they doubled him, top yardage and top catch percentage.
2015, Terrance had the best numbers, then Cole.

Maybe next year we'll see what Cole can do in a pass first offense with a QB who can execute up to his speed.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Funny thing lost in all of this is the FO says who should get the ball (CB words), in other words Jerry has direct input to the offense to the point of pass targeting. CB can go or stay as I look at it. So as it appears JJ is the de facto HC also.
Or Beasley is talking out of his rear

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I think he's just wrong there. Beasley has been our best or next best WR for years now.

You can sniff at a possession WR, but you need those guys who can convert reliably if you want to be a run first, ball control team.

This year, Cole was the best WR until Cooper showed up.
In 2017, Cole was the guy teams doubled.
2016, before they doubled him, top yardage and top catch percentage.
2015, Terrance had the best numbers, then Cole.

Maybe next year we'll see what Cole can do in a pass first offense with a QB who can execute up to his speed.
He's probably gone bro. He has demonstrated to the front office that he prefers to make his point via Twitter vs behind closed doors with the family. That sort of conduct also hurts his value on the FA market.

Last edited:

lqmac1

Reaction score
Is Cole Beasley self-aware? That's my dude. I've always considered him Beastly... But he really changed my opinion this year with his selfish Twitter rants. I was able to catch Chris this morning on one of those runs where you just sit back and absorb the gospel from one of the best to ever do it. Hopefully Cole was watching too.... Enjoy.

I wouldn’t mind parting ways after he went off on that childish rant. Guy turned into a diva w/o a single pro bowl or any accolades.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He's probably gone bro. He has demonstrated to the front office that he prefers to make his point via Twitter vs behind closed doors with the family. That sort of conduct also hurts his value on the FA market.

I've been saying that Beasley is gone since they tried and failed to extend him around preseason.

My disagreement with Carter is that Beasley was much better than Carter gave him credit for, particularly in comparison to our other wideouts.

Chrispierce

Reaction score

Thank you!! I too was a Bease fan,but not after this year. Chris hits the point right off the bat. Like why would they center the pass game around him,when he’s not even the the best WR? Did he have any big YAC plays? He catches it and gains some yards and that’s what you get with him. It’s sooooo stupid what he’s doing complaining. This is why NE is able to do what they do. They don’t have a bunch of malocontents,and no one cares about who’s getting what. Especially from a #3. I want Dallas to go after Humphries in TB now. THAT’S who I want as our slot man. Dude is straight money,and no ego.

king987

Reaction score
Carter has some valid points about Beasley. Cole is a good but replaceable WR. You're not going to successfully run an offense through Cole, he is a weapon who can be deadly depending on the defense and situation. But consistency hasn't been his friend in the last two years, blame whomever or whatever you want, it's the truth.

He'll get a decent payday, I assume. I'm just not expecting him to become Julian Edelman. He's not a priority to Dallas, not with everyone else they have to take care of. They can find another Beasley in the draft, one who could be just as good or maybe better in a couple years. The coaches apparently really like Cedrick Wilson, too, so it will be interesting to see what they do with all their young WRs next season.