Chris Carter On Randy Gregory

Sydla

Reaction score
Never called him a bust ........ just said it was not impressive. He never improved on his first 14 games because he has missed most of the games since he was drafted back in 2015.

But if one is trying to argue that one doesn't have an issue with Gregory other than he showed zero as a rookie, it doesn't help when you then turn around and try to argue Charlton did show you something as rookie when they had basically identical stats for their first 14 games.

That's the point.

And note, I am not suggesting Charlton is a bust.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
And he has been clean for 2 years now, but yet you troll out this crap.
You never made mistakes, are you so perfect you look down upon any one that does not fit your beliefs ....if so, then you are not perfect, as a perfect person would find it to forgive someone and praise them for turning their life around.

What a stupid post ........ my very first post said I hope he as a man turns his life around ....... I just do not care if he plays football for us again, he has not showed anything more than several other players have.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You realize you've now shifted the goal posts. So Charlton's start isn't a concern because he didn't have a weed issue but Gregory's start is much worse because he has a weed problem.

You basically just undercut your original premise where you claimed your only issue with him is from a production standpoint.
I noticed this as well.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a stupid post ........ my very first post said I hope he as a man turns his life around ....... I just do not care if he plays football for us again, he has not showed anything more than several other players have.

Actually it was a very smart post, as it was the truth and much better than any of your stupid posts.

Sydla

Reaction score
Thats not what I am arguing you loon ...... He did not show anymore than any other rookie so why would I care if he plays when he has been in the league for several years and done nothing but get suspended.

He is not good enough to worry bout whether he is on the team ......... does not mean I do not hope he gets his personal life together.

We don't know what he's going to be after a layoff.

But you were the one who started this entire thing when you claimed he showed you zero as a rookie after 14 games but then seemingly thought Charlton showed enough as a rookie.

If you wanted to say you don't believe Gregory will have much in the tank because he's been out of football for a few years, that makes sense. That's my concern. But to say you don't think he'll amount to much because he showed you nothing in his first 14 games but apparently Charlton did, that's where your argument goes off the rails.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
His time away from football greatly concerns me. Skills diminish when they are not tested and perfected. I wish him the best.
He has already proven to miss time and come back and produce. He missed the first 15 weeks of the last season he played. In the final two games he posted 9 tackles and got his first sack. It's possible he fades out, Gordon still produced as well when he came back

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yes he had a good game in 2016 with 6 tackles and 1 sack ......... that is the best game of his career .......... 6 tackles and 1 sack ............ nothing else even comes close.

I have nothing against the kid ........ I think pot should be legal ........ just do not understand why people think he will be the savior of the pass rush if he ever comes back ......... Taco Charlton had 2 sacks, 15 tackles and 10 hurries in his first 14 games compared to Gregory at 1 sack, 15 tackles, and 7 hurries in 14 games.
Taco didn't miss time his rookie year either. Gregory played 12 games his rookie season and then missed almost an entire year, came back and then played his best football if his career.......it's called development

Sydla

Reaction score
He has already proven to miss time and come back and produce. He missed the first 15 weeks of the last season he played. In the final two games he posted 9 tackles and got his first sack. It's possible he fades out, Gordon still produced as well when he came back

Sure but multiple years is different than roughly one season off.

If he gets reinstated, he's going to be one of the more interesting watches in August camp IMO.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Saying Taco has shown you more than Gregory just outs yourself as someone who has no idea what they're looking for.

And it's a funny comparison considering Taco has played in 33% the amount of snaps that Gregory has.

399 for Taco against 300 for Gregory

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
We don't know what he's going to be after a layoff.

But you were the one who started this entire thing when you claimed he showed you zero as a rookie after 14 games but then seemingly thought Charlton showed enough as a rookie.

If you wanted to say you don't believe Gregory will have much in the tank because he's been out of football for a few years, that makes sense. That's my concern. But to say you don't think he'll amount to much because he showed you nothing in his first 14 games but apparently Charlton did, that's where your argument goes off the rails.

He didn't .......... most of his stats came in his second year after being in a pro football training regime for two years.

Taco had slightly better stats in his actual first 14 games as a pro.

Taco Charlton - 2 sacks, 15 tackles, 10 hurries, 345 snaps

Randy Gregory - 1 sack, 15 tackles, 7 hurries, 335 snaps

And Taco (lord willing) wont get suspended for most of his career.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Saying Taco has shown you more than Gregory just outs yourself as someone who has no idea what they're looking for.

And it's a funny comparison considering Taco has played in 33% the amount of snaps that Gregory has.

399 for Taco against 300 for Gregory

Bull again ........ you are not very good at this

Taco Charlton - 14 games - 2 sacks, 15 tackles, 10 hurries, 345 snaps

Randy Gregory - 14 games - 1 sack, 15 tackles, 7 hurries, 335 snaps

Sydla

Reaction score
He didn't .......... most of his stats came in his second year after being in a pro football training regime for two years.

Taco had slightly better stats in his actual first 14 games as a pro.

Taco Charlton - 2 sacks, 15 tackles, 10 hurries, 345 snaps

Randy Gregory - 1 sack, 15 tackles, 7 hurries, 335 snaps

And Taco (lord willing) wont get suspended for most of his career.

Slightly better.

Certainly not enough to say, man, that Taco is gonna be fine........... but Gregory? Man that guy isn't that good.

The fact you seemingly are arguing that they are that different is hilarious.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Slightly better.

Certainly not enough to say, man, that Taco is gonna be fine........... but Gregory? Man that guy isn't that good.

The fact you seemingly are arguing that they are that different is hilarious.

Taco drafted 2017 played 16 out of 16 games

Randy drafted 2015 played 14 out of 50 games

Yea .......... no differance