Chris Collinsworth brought up something we've all been thinking

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I'm glad Collinsworth pointed out how Dak just does not look like the same player this year on that final drive where he rolled out of the pocket barely able to throw the ball away.

Collinsworth said he that the Old Dak would have been able to have taken off and run with it cresting some positive yards.

But Dak is so immobile now.

Looks slow and even uncoordinated with how he turns his body.

He can't create any extra time anymore or take off and run for at least 5 or 6 yards.

This is very concerning.
More concerning because it's probably a business decision at this point. He was scared to run before, but now he's got enough money for 5 divorces and is about to get married. He's probably fine with preserving himself for retirement in 4-5 years.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
$60M a season.

There is stupid, then there is paying Dak that kind of money.
Yup....what even more stupid is people wasting their time by bringing it up tone and time again, like it's gonna go away. On the other hand, it's even more stupid of me to keep pointing that out. I need quit spitting into the wind

CWR

Reaction score
That is false..you must have missed his first few years pre ankle injury, what’s concerning to me is that last year even after the ankle surgery he was mobile enough, not fast, but used his feet to get first downs or extend plays
I think a lot of it was coached out of him early on. They really tried to make him a pocket passer. It's not in his instincts to run anymore. That college highlight had him flying too.

JustChip

Reaction score
Well, it’s only concerning until the cowboys can cut Dak.

Just accept the fact that they aren’t winning the Super Bowl for another 4 years at least.
Super Bowl? Heck, I’d say at best they are a playoff team in 2 of those 4 years, and no further than than the Division Round.

CowboysJames69

Reaction score
Can’t win with a slow immobile qb that’s not elite passer. It’s pretty much over next 4 years. He’s not gonna get any better or fastSi

Can’t win with a slow immobile qb that’s not elite passer. It’s pretty much over next 4 years. He’s not gonna get any better or faster.
Six million dollar man we can make him stronger, faster better!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm glad Collinsworth pointed out how Dak just does not look like the same player this year on that final drive where he rolled out of the pocket barely able to throw the ball away.

Collinsworth said he that the Old Dak would have been able to have taken off and run with it cresting some positive yards.

He can't create any extra time anymore or take off and run for at least 5 or 6 yards.

This is very concerning.
I’m in the minority on this. Yes he’s not what he was mobility wise but I do think he’s mobile enough to get out of the pocket. Tom Brady could do it. His lack of mobility isn’t the issue. He either seems reluctant to run or pocket presence sucks and it could be both. They clocked him last year running 21 mph on a run. I think he doesn’t want to run. Even before the injury he had this same issue wouldn’t run.

erod

Reaction score

This is very concerning.
This was obvious a long time ago. And they still dumped $60 million per year.

CowboysJames69

Reaction score
I’m in the minority on this. Yes he’s not what he was mobility wise but I do think he’s mobile enough to get out of the pocket. Tom Brady could do it. His lack of mobility isn’t the issue. He either seems reluctant to run or pocket presence sucks and it could be both. They clocked him last year running 21 mph on a run. I think he doesn’t want to run. Even before the injury he had this same issue wouldn’t run.
His indecisiveness does not help either.