Chris Collinsworth brought up something we've all been thinking

J12B

Reaction score
I’m in the minority on this. Yes he’s not what he was mobility wise but I do think he’s mobile enough to get out of the pocket. Tom Brady could do it. His lack of mobility isn’t the issue. He either seems reluctant to run or pocket presence sucks and it could be both. They clocked him last year running 21 mph on a run. I think he doesn’t want to run. Even before the injury he had this same issue wouldn’t run.
I think he's still mobile enough to buy an extra couple of seconds, but it's not helping things.

And I don't understand why he doesn't want to run.

It has been effective for him and the offense in the past.

He had open space tonight, but decided to just throw down field or out of bounds.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think he's still mobile enough to buy an extra couple of seconds, but it's not helping things.

And I don't understand why he doesn't want to run.

It has been effective for him and the offense in the past.

He had open space tonight, but decided to just throw down field or out of bounds.
My biggest issue with Dak is he doesn't seem to improvise or isn't allowed to. Most of his big plays come from improvisation and throwing on the run. But to sit here and watch him time and time again drop back and either throw a pick or throw to a triple covered Lamb...I just can't anymore.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'm glad Collinsworth pointed out how Dak just does not look like the same player this year on that final drive where he rolled out of the pocket barely able to throw the ball away.

Collinsworth said he that the Old Dak would have been able to have taken off and run with it cresting some positive yards.

But Dak is so immobile now.

Looks slow and even uncoordinated with how he turns his body.

He can't create any extra time anymore or take off and run for at least 5 or 6 yards.

This is very concerning.
Hence why that contract is beyond absurd now...... :banghead:

Should have rode with Trey.....Maybe we still will.....:popcorn:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I'm glad Collinsworth pointed out how Dak just does not look like the same player this year on that final drive where he rolled out of the pocket barely able to throw the ball away.

Collinsworth said he that the Old Dak would have been able to have taken off and run with it cresting some positive yards.

He can't create any extra time anymore or take off and run for at least 5 or 6 yards.

This is very concerning.

He looked pretty fast running across the road on the demolition of his previous home a week and half ago.

Blue64

Reaction score
He is seeing even more ghosts out there than normal. The pressure of performing with that contract has gotten to him.
No it hasn’t… he’s checking his bank account every Monday morning and smiles $60M year for the next 4 years…

triplets_93

Reaction score

This is very concerning.
What is concerning, is that this team will not be participating in any NFC Championship Games for the next 5 years.

strongarmqb

Reaction score
When your starting quarterback tells you he’s working on his footwork 9-10 years after being drafted- you might have a quarterback problem.

If your quarterback’s best line after the game is I gotta play better week in and week out- you might have a quarterback problem.

When your quarterback throws the same time of interception to a cornerback who reads his eyes and sinks back on a poorly thrown ball two games in row- you might have a quarterback problem.

stinkface

Reaction score
I’m in the minority on this. Yes he’s not what he was mobility wise but I do think he’s mobile enough to get out of the pocket. Tom Brady could do it. His lack of mobility isn’t the issue. He either seems reluctant to run or pocket presence sucks and it could be both. They clocked him last year running 21 mph on a run. I think he doesn’t want to run. Even before the injury he had this same issue wouldn’t run.
Like to know who times him at 21 mph. That faster then he was when he was drafted. That's running like a 4.5 40.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Especially when you were aware of his limitations.
For the life of me, I can't figure it out.
The deal basically pays Dak through 2025.

We had to pay either way.

But it pumps up the cap hit.

Even with a post June 1 cut in 2026, we take a huge cap hit. 70M

khiladi

Reaction score
Looking for excuses to justify defending this mediocre QB for so long. Jerry wasted years for the Jason Garrett QB training project..

Dak could never throw consistently against zone. Teams are just rushing 4 and making him sit back in the pocket to make decisions.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak has mentally checked out. This is why you don't resign a QB after their second contract if they haven't taken the team deep into the playoffs.
Jerry made the mistake with Romo and Jerry did it again with Dak.
No he hasn’t “mentally checked out”. He sucks and the roster has caught up with him, so he’s exposed. He’s never been able to throw against zone. With this RG and average OL, he is forced to more than ever.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yup....what even more stupid is people wasting their time by bringing it up tone and time again, like it's gonna go away. On the other hand, it's even more stupid of me to keep pointing that out. I need quit spitting into the wind
Lot has changed since Sept when the Stans threw the parade for signing their man...rubbing it in everyone's face that wanted Dak to play out the season and re-evaluate.

Now they don't wanna talk about it.