Chris Collinsworth brought up something we've all been thinking

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I'm glad Collinsworth pointed out how Dak just does not look like the same player this year on that final drive where he rolled out of the pocket barely able to throw the ball away.

Collinsworth said he that the Old Dak would have been able to have taken off and run with it cresting some positive yards.

But Dak is so immobile now.

Looks slow and even uncoordinated with how he turns his body.

He can't create any extra time anymore or take off and run for at least 5 or 6 yards.

This is very concerning.
Yep, we gave him the massive contract at the beginning of his decline.
We are doomed for the next 4 years.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Of course Dak runs less now than he did when he was younger. One because he's a better passer than runner now and two he has a surgically reconstructed ankle to worry about. But there is a different between running recklessly and running intelligently. Dak needs to take the 5-6 yards and slide or get out of bounds when the defense presents it. When he breaks out of the pocket he is clearly NOT looking to run .. It's frustrating to watch and I have to wonder if that week he spent in the walking boot this summer wasn't more than they let on. Maybe the ankle is giving him trouble and they are trying to keep it under wraps. It's the only explanation that makes any sense at this point.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of course Dak runs less now than he did when he was younger. One because he's a better passer than runner now and two he has a surgically reconstructed ankle to worry about. But there is a different between running recklessly and running intelligently. Dak needs to take the 5-6 yards and slide or get out of bounds when the defense presents it. When he breaks out of the pocket he is clearly NOT looking to run .. It's frustrating to watch and I have to wonder if that week he spent in the walking boot this summer wasn't more than they let on. Maybe the ankle is giving him trouble and they are trying to keep it under wraps. It's the only explanation that makes any sense at this point.
He needs to take the 5 or 6 yards? He can't run that far, and if he tried it would take him about three minutes.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
scrubs-elliot-reid.gif
Dang, you're good looking. I take it all back, ma'am

Zman5

Reaction score
No he hasn’t “mentally checked out”. He sucks and the roster has caught up with him, so he’s exposed. He’s never been able to throw against zone. With this RG and average OL, he is forced to more than ever.

Wrong as usual . I get it. You are still butt hurt abot Dak getting the start over Romo. I defended Romo as much as anyone on here but it's been 9 years. It's time to let it go.

Praxit

Reaction score
..There was few times where it was 3rd n 6 or 5. As he dropped back, you could the top area opening up. All he had to do was run and slide, for 1st down.

I think this guy is scared for life out there. Lost his mojo somewhere.

On lesser note, when Purdy realized same situation. He took off and ran. Outcome, kept chains moving.

khiladi

Reaction score
Wrong as usual . I get it. You are still butt hurt abot Dak getting the start over Romo. I defended Romo as much as anyone on here but it's been 9 years. It's time to let it go.
How many OCs did you blame for Dak sucking?

Creeper

Reaction score
Collinsworth also brought up the fact that Dak was second in the league in MVP voting last year. The regression we see in Dak this year is incredible. It is hard to believe it is the same guy. Dak looked slow last year but at least he could run a little. This year he doesn't run at all and he looks like he is even slower. But on top of that his passes have no zip. He floats passes to the sidelines and it is shocking he hasn't have more of them picked o ff. He's floating balls over receivers heads. I am wondering is he has some kind of injury or something he is not talking about.

But I would like to see him in the offseason working out his legs more. I know he can improve his speed is he works on it. Without some mobility he becomes a very ordinary QB. Without some zip on his passes he comes a mediocre QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
Pretty much same number as I did for Romo. Are you saying JG and Linehan were great OCs and Romo was the one who sucked now? LOL.
I'm pretty much saying you said that Dak was being held by the OCs. I told you Dak alwasy sucked. Now you are saying Dak sucks and should never have gotten the contract. He's even worse with Mike McCarthy.

Dak never had JG as an OC, BTW. Romo did his whole career here. He only got to play with Linehan really 1 year and he was the actual legitimate MVP.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I'm glad Collinsworth pointed out how Dak just does not look like the same player this year on that final drive where he rolled out of the pocket barely able to throw the ball away.

Collinsworth said he that the Old Dak would have been able to have taken off and run with it cresting some positive yards.

He can't create any extra time anymore or take off and run for at least 5 or 6 yards.

This is very concerning.
After watching the first drive in the 2nd half I had to turn the channel and watch a rerun of a gold mining show because I knew in my heart that Prescott would continue to implode and I had enough of this clown's inability to play against an average 9er defense. The 9er defense had it's moments, but they weren't overpowering like past years and Prescott was back to his old self trying to beat a team with his little one- and two-yard passes. I look for this team to get to 6 wins at best this year...............

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Collinsworth also brought up the fact that Dak was second in the league in MVP voting last year. The regression we see in Dak this year is incredible. It is hard to believe it is the same guy. Dak looked slow last year but at least he could run a little. This year he doesn't run at all and he looks like he is even slower. But on top of that his passes have no zip. He floats passes to the sidelines and it is shocking he hasn't have more of them picked o ff. He's floating balls over receivers heads. I am wondering is he has some kind of injury or something he is not talking about.

But I would like to see him in the offseason working out his legs more. I know he can improve his speed is he works on it. Without some mobility he becomes a very ordinary QB. Without some zip on his passes he comes a mediocre QB.
He can't even go fishing without an ankle brace now.

Zman5

Reaction score
I'm pretty much saying you said that Dak was being held by the OCs. Now you are saying Dak sucks and should never have gotten the contract. He's even worse with Mike McCarthy.

Dak never had JG as an OC, BTW. Romo did... Romo with Linehan was a real MVP...
You are lying again as usual. Go lookup my posts. I posted we shouldn't extend Dak when his contract expired unless he got us deep into the playoffs this year. I said the same thing about Romo about his last extension. I always said if a QB can't get you deep into the playoffs after their second contract (~8 years starting), they are not likely going to do it in that organization.

calicowboy54

Reaction score

This is very concerning.
i was told 4 years ago when he broke it, i’m a hater for saying he’s never going to be the same throwing and running. you push off with your legs to get the lift and accuracy when throwing the ball. he cannot i’ve watched he has a hitch now and running that’s just another example of it being messed up pushing off when you need that split second run movement he’s slow at doing it because he’s still favoring it. sucks for us. glad he got paid and will have a great life after football. he is a fighter and is still trying so i commend him for that, but after this contract is up he needs to hang it up.