Chris Johnson new youtube

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
He has no shiftiness to him whatsoever. Despite his other eye-popping straight ahead numbers, he wasn't even in the top 10 in the 3-cone for running backs. This guys will bust so hard. You don't get far running straight forward in the NFL as a running back.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I've learned not to doubt any RB that wears gold fronts.

Seeing this makes me want to jump the shark like all those people taking him with our 2nd first rounder. He is definitely impressive, but a lot of those tackles he broke were just horrible tackles, it's not like he ran them over.

theogt;1972835 said:
He has no shiftiness to him whatsoever. Despite his other eye-popping straight ahead numbers, he wasn't even in the top 10 in the 3-cone for running backs. This guys will bust so hard. You don't get far running straight forward in the NFL as a running back.

I don't think he participated in the cone drill, he hurt himself after his 40 and the combine guys told him to shut it down for his pro day.

He sort of strikes me as the Jones-Drew type. I saw him make a lot of guys miss but when you have this kind of speed, you don't need to do a lot of dancing. I saw him make a lot of guys pay for taking poor angles in those highlights.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
theogt;1972835 said:

No shiftiness? Ok :laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ctrous25;1972838 said:
No shiftiness? Ok :laugh2:
He's simply not able to plant his foot and change direction that well. Any time he tries he looks awkward and almost loses his balance. His 40 time will get him into the 2nd round, but he's not worth a pick in the top 4 rounds in my opinion.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
TheCount;1972836 said:
I don't think he participated in the cone drill, he hurt himself after his 40 and the combine guys told him to shut it down for his pro day.

He didnt participate in the 3 cone drills.. that might be why he didnt get in the top 10 theo

heavyg

Reaction score
theogt;1972835 said:

I dont know about all that. To me he looks like MBII with speed. WOW

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ctrous25;1972841 said:
He didnt participate in the 3 cone drills.. that might be why he didnt get in the top 10 theo
Oh, I'm sure he got "injured." All he has going for him is his straight ahead speed.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
heavyg;1972842 said:
Oh, I can't agree with this at all. At all.

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;1972835 said:

He looks like a very good one-cut back, working because his burst is so good.

Plus, he's a good receiver.

I don't see bust here, unless someone tries to make him a feature back.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
theogt;1972840 said:
He's simply not able to plant his foot and change direction that well. Any time he tries he looks awkward and almost loses his balance. His 40 time will get him into the 2nd round, but he's not worth a pick in the top 4 rounds in my opinion.

Im not saying hes gonna be a great back I just think he would be a nice change of pace for MBIII.. and the guy is very good at catching the ball outta the backfield

TVMan

Reaction score
Do surgically repaired necks mean anything? Anything? Look the other way....

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
superpunk;1972847 said:
He looks like a very good one-cut back, working because his burst is so good.

Plus, he's a good receiver.

I don't see bust here, unless someone tries to make him a feature back.

couldnt agree with you more.... I think he would fit nicely with a :star: on his helmet

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
ctrous25;1972851 said:
Im not saying hes gonna be a great back I just think he would be a nice change of pace for MBIII.. and the guy is very good at catching the ball outta the backfield
I don't want a "situational" guy to backup Barber. I want a guy that could also step in and carry 25 times a game. I don't see the point in drafting backs that are limited. I like complete players. We've already got a player with great straight ahead speed but no cutting ability on the team -- Tyson Thompson.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theogt;1972845 said:
Oh, I'm sure he got "injured." All he has going for him is his straight ahead speed.

I don't know, you're taking a little bit of a leap there. Now he's a liar? He's going to have to do all this stuff on his pro day anyway.

heavyg;1972842 said:

I disagree. Barber and Johnson have absolutely nothing in common in terms of their running style. They both have dreads, maybe that's what threw you off. :)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
TheCount;1972864 said:
I don't know, you're taking a little bit of a leap there. Now he's a liar? He's going to have to do all this stuff on his pro day anyway.
He wouldn't be the first player to pick and choose which drills he runs at the Combine.

TheCount;1972864 said:
I disagree. Barber and Johnson have absolutely nothing in common in terms of their running style. They both have dreads, maybe that's what threw you off. :)
Agreed. The Barber comparison was way off.

heavyg

Reaction score
TheCount;1972864 said:

He looked to me like he was running with reckless abandon. If someone got in front of him he would put his shoulder down and run through them. Just my observation.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
heavyg;1972873 said:
He looked to me like he was running with reckless abandon. If someone got in front of him he would put his shoulder down and run through them. Just my observation.
No, that's just him not being able to cut and make someone miss.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
TVMan;1972853 said:
Do surgically repaired necks mean anything? Anything? Look the other way....

not when he has over 2500 all purpose yards the next season no means nothing and your exxadrating a bit on the injury how come he isn't one of your injury risk?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
theogt;1972869 said:
He wouldn't be the first player to pick and choose which drills he runs at the Combine.

Yeah, that's what I mean. If he didn't want to do one of the drills there, he would just skip it. Why would he risk people thinking exactly what you're thinking (he's faking an injury to avoid so and so drill) when he could have just said, that's it for me, I'll see you on my pro day?

To me, raising the suspicion about a faked injury is a lot more damning than just saying you will do this drill some other time.