Chris Johnson new youtube

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
It's pretty hard to make a case for Johnson being a first round prospect but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he had a 2nd round grade. Looking at draft history, there has only been one small school running back taken in the the past decade, DeAngelo Williams. Williams is the career rushing leader in C-USA and one of the only players in NCAA history to run for over 6,000 yards...he was drafted 27th. That said, there have been a lot of cases of teams drafting unproven players in the first simply because of their 40 times; Matt Jones and Troy Williamson immediately come to mind as two guys who were drafted in the 1st despite a lack of proven production in college.

If Johnson is one of the first 6 RBs taken then he'll almost certainly go in the 2nd round. I think he offers too much versatility to last to the third though. With the production Reggie Bush has shown possible as a receiver and with the huge impact guys like Cribbs and Hester have on the return game I think a team who doesn't need a starting RB will jump all over Johnson hoping he can fill those same roles. I don't think it would be great value if we took him in Rd 1, but I wouldn't be upset.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rack;1978131 said:
Well if there's no reason to debate anything, why are you here?

Cuz none of us can control anything, why bother talking about it? Why are you bothering to respond?

Is that what we're doing? Debating?

wrnboysfan

Reaction score
i noticed from the video that he takes some really long strides.

i haven't really paid attention to the strides of backs in college or the NFL but do most backs take such long strides or is it just him?

kmd24

Reaction score
TheCount;1978096 said:
He's going to get drafted in the 2nd round whether the Cowboys do it or not, just accept it.

To the league, people that do this professionally, he's worth a 2nd.

That's kind of what I was trying to say earlier. Because of MBIII and the RB, I think the Cowboys will likely place more importance on other positions early. But I agree that he'll be gone by the end of the second round, if not sooner.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
TheCount;1978233 said:
Is that what we're doing? Debating?

Apparently you aren't. You're just sucking on whatever the "Experts" give you to suck on and you're happy with that. No need to form your own, unique opinion.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rack;1978748 said:
Apparently you aren't. You're just sucking on whatever the "Experts" give you to suck on and you're happy with that. No need to form your own, unique opinion.

:lmao:

Yeah, that's why I'm playing the middle ground and saying he's not worth a 1st round pick but could do well for himself in the league when given a chance and is worth a mid to late 2nd rounder based on college production and combine measurables.

It's not about being unique, it's about being realistic.

Your "he's worth a 5th round pick" routine is unique though, congratulations.

I certainly don't have as many resources as the experts, so why pretend I do? You're pretending enough for the rest of us.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
TheCount;1978814 said:

Yeah, that's why I'm playing the middle ground and saying he's not worth a 1st round pick but could do well for himself in the league when given a chance and is worth a mid to late 2nd rounder based on college production and combine measurables.

I certainly don't have as many resources as the experts, so why pretend I do? You're pretending enough for the rest of us.

You just typed a whole lot of nothin'.

That seems to be your whole schtick.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DFWJC;1977865 said:
I'm pretty astounded by some these comments here. One dude even says he should below the 5th round? That statement alone shoud him on football knowledge probation for a week (if we are kind).:confused:

Pretty much every professional assessment of CJ says he has much more to offer than just a vertical threat. I even read a post that said the guy was one deminsional. What!? His versatilty is considered one of his most lucrative traits. I also disagree that he does not have moves....but guys running at that speed rarely turn on a dime. I guess it's hard to compare becasue, well, there is nobody that has that speed at RB in the NFL.

Having said all that, I still have concerns that only time will answer. And for one, would not use my 1st round slot on CJ. CJ's durabilty may be an issue. I know they said that about A Peterson, but they are different beasts. And by the way, I see NO comparison with him and Ryan Grant...good grief. Maybe I take CJ at the end of round 2, but most certainly by the end of round 3. He or maybe Jamaal Charles seem like they would blend well with MB3.

If I had to compare CJ to another back right now, it would be Willie Parker. I think Parker is great but would be better off with a running mate at Pittsburgh.

Bottom line is that ALL RBs have questions and are a risk, CJ is certainly included.

DFWJC;1977873 said:
Oh I forgot to mention. Once CJ runs the 3 cone at camp and has times at or near the top to go with that strgiht away speed, will some of you give him a break then? Also he can now bench about 350 and will do fine with the 225 multirep...just not as good as the ultra strong RBs from Ore and Ill.

His playing size will eventually be 5'11, 210 (maybe 205)

DFWJC;1977900 said:
The more I read here, the more more certain I am that RACK is someone that stereotypes things easily.

These clips are made to show the guys speed. They could compile a buch of 3-5 yeard runs that may show something else....but that's like making a clip of Marino running the option. I exaggerate, but get the drift.

When discussing the great Jerome Bettis vs Willie Parker, Bill Cowher said "we creata small crease a Jerome can get us 6-12 yards. Willie takes it to the house from 60 yards out". That is not an exact quote, but you get the point.

They are two different animals but have incredible value to the team. Many of these RBs could be busts, but I do not consoider taking CJ in the second round to be a giant risk.

DFWJC;1977903 said:
NOT at all Tyson Thompson.

But I agree that Mendenhall could be something....just not available late in Rd1.

post more, great stuff

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1978748 said:

you're the only thing that sucks around here, b

DFWJC

Reaction score
wrnboysfan;1978278 said:
i noticed from the video that he takes some really long strides.

i haven't really paid attention to the strides of backs in college or the NFL but do most backs take such long strides or is it just him?

Not at all saying they are the same, but look at old Dorsett footage and you see a similar running style.

Reaction score
Id we dont draft Chris Johnson in the 1st round i may commit suicide. And if Jerry thinks Chris is good enough i dont see whats the problem with drafting him with the 28th pick. Its almost a guarantee he will be there at that position. Why wait until latter in the draft when theres a chance he could be gone? Just stupid to me. Hes is a baller.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheCount

You just typed a whole lot of nothin'.

That seems to be your whole schtick.

:hammer: :clap2: :bravo: :yathink: :fact:

I'm sorry did I go overboard on emoticons? :lmao2: