Chris Johnson new youtube

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1975836 said:
I don't get the Thompson comparisons

dude doesn't even cut

i can't believe anyone would even listen to anything theogt has to say about CJ when he proclaims that he didn't score in the top 10 in the 3 cone drill we he didn't even perform it is laughable how totally bias this guy is and people just take his words like he knows what he speaks off and then he says he wants us to draft someone that can carry the ball 25 times when MB3 can't even carry the ball 25 times

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;1975766 said:
Of course ignore the facts and respond in an immature way thanks for this i love it .

Lighten up, it's just football.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm pretty astounded by some these comments here. One dude even says he should below the 5th round? That statement alone shoud him on football knowledge probation for a week (if we are kind).:confused:

Pretty much every professional assessment of CJ says he has much more to offer than just a vertical threat. I even read a post that said the guy was one deminsional. What!? His versatilty is considered one of his most lucrative traits. I also disagree that he does not have moves....but guys running at that speed rarely turn on a dime. I guess it's hard to compare becasue, well, there is nobody that has that speed at RB in the NFL.

Having said all that, I still have concerns that only time will answer. And for one, would not use my 1st round slot on CJ. CJ's durabilty may be an issue. I know they said that about A Peterson, but they are different beasts. And by the way, I see NO comparison with him and Ryan Grant...good grief. Maybe I take CJ at the end of round 2, but most certainly by the end of round 3. He or maybe Jamaal Charles seem like they would blend well with MB3.

If I had to compare CJ to another back right now, it would be Willie Parker. I think Parker is great but would be better off with a running mate at Pittsburgh.

Bottom line is that ALL RBs have questions and are a risk, CJ is certainly included.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention. Once CJ runs the 3 cone at camp and has times at or near the top to go with that strgiht away speed, will some of you give him a break then? Also he can now bench about 350 and will do fine with the 225 multirep...just not as good as the ultra strong RBs from Ore and Ill.

His playing size will eventually be 5'11, 210 (maybe 205)

DFWJC

Reaction score
The more I read here, the more more certain I am that RACK is someone that stereotypes things easily.

These clips are made to show the guys speed. They could compile a buch of 3-5 yeard runs that may show something else....but that's like making a clip of Marino running the option. I exaggerate, but get the drift.

When discussing the great Jerome Bettis vs Willie Parker, Bill Cowher said "we creata small crease a Jerome can get us 6-12 yards. Willie takes it to the house from 60 yards out". That is not an exact quote, but you get the point.

They are two different animals but have incredible value to the team. Many of these RBs could be busts, but I do not consoider taking CJ in the second round to be a giant risk.

DFWJC

Reaction score
NOT at all Tyson Thompson.

But I agree that Mendenhall could be something....just not available late in Rd1.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
DFWJC;1977865 said:
I'm pretty astounded by some these comments here. One dude even says he should below the 5th round? That statement alone shoud him on football knowledge probation for a week (if we are kind).:confused:

Pretty much every professional assessment of CJ says he has much more to offer than just a vertical threat. I even read a post that said the guy was one deminsional. What!? His versatilty is considered one of his most lucrative traits. I also disagree that he does not have moves....but guys running at that speed rarely turn on a dime. I guess it's hard to compare becasue, well, there is nobody that has that speed at RB in the NFL.

Having said all that, I still have concerns that only time will answer. And for one, would not use my 1st round slot on CJ. CJ's durabilty may be an issue. I know they said that about A Peterson, but they are different beasts. And by the way, I see NO comparison with him and Ryan Grant...good grief. Maybe I take CJ at the end of round 2, but most certainly by the end of round 3. He or maybe Jamaal Charles seem like they would blend well with MB3.

If I had to compare CJ to another back right now, it would be Willie Parker. I think Parker is great but would be better off with a running mate at Pittsburgh.

Bottom line is that ALL RBs have questions and are a risk, CJ is certainly included.

I think that is a good comparison when you compare CJ with Willie Parker

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1975330 said:
Rack i know you put a ton of stock into production over measurables. i respect that and I remember you sticking by your guns on Pollack a couple of years ago.

He played very well until he got hurt.

That being said, its not like Johnson doesnt have production in college.

He ran for over 1400 yards last year on 6 YPC. He caught the ball almost 40 times for over 500 yards.

Its not like people are judging him purely on that 4.27 40 time. Thats just icing on the cake.

If I am going for the change of pace type I want this guy over Felix Jones everysingle day. I still personally like Mendenhall, Stewart, Rice before this guy but hes still very good.

My main gripe is with people that want this guy in the first round. Fine, let's take him in the 3rd (highest) but no way in hell is CJ worth a first round pick.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rack;1978088 said:
My main gripe is with people that want this guy in the first round. Fine, let's take him in the 3rd (highest) but no way in hell is CJ worth a first round pick.

He's going to get drafted in the 2nd round whether the Cowboys do it or not, just accept it.

To the league, people that do this professionally, he's worth a 2nd.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
TheCount;1978096 said:
He's going to get drafted in the 2nd round whether the Cowboys do it or not, just accept it.

What does me accepting it have to do with anything?

And yeah, no one in the NFL ever messes up the draft, right?

Please, take that logic and place in the deepest darkest orifice on your body.

I don't care if he's drafted in the second, as long as the cowboys aren't the team to do it.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
TheCount;1978096 said:

I don't think we know that yet. Sure, we've got a few guys that do a fair job of analyzing where draftees are going to go, but they aren't the REAL professionals on the subject matter. We see quite a few discrepancies every year between the mock crowd and the NFL scouts.

That being said, I think he'll be taken in the second. Although I'd grade him as a third rounder too.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;1978117 said:
I don't think we know that yet. Sure, we've got a few guys that do a fair job of analyzing where draftees are going to go, but they aren't the REAL professionals on the subject matter. We see quite a few discrepancies every year between the mock crowd and the NFL scouts.

That being said, I think he'll be taken in the second. Although I'd grade him as a third rounder too.

See the Jets draft EVERY YEAR!
They picked Jeff Lageman, Roger Vick, couple T.e.'s who were 2nd and 3rd round prospects in round 1.
I feel CJ is not worth a 1st, early 2nd yes!
But guys go higher and lower ever year, I.E. Jason Witten as the #1 rated T.e. surefire 1st rounder we got in round 3, or Brady Quinn falling, or Kevin Jones AND Steven Jackson falling to us when everyone said there's no way in hell EITHER of them fell to us and BOTH DID!

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Rack;1978088 said:

Not a whole lot of people on here want him in the 1st round... I think he is defenitly worth 2nd round pick... maybe even late 1st round although still havent seen enough him yet.. I see you have him going up your draft charts you said you wouldnt take him before the 5th.... now your fine with getting him in the 3rd?:D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
And just for the record, look up posts I made about Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown, and Cadillac Williams. I didn't think either of them were worth a top 5 pick (all of them were picked in the top 5).

How's that looking for the NFL "Experts"?

Yeah, those guys know what they're doing at all times. It's not possible that a fan could ever have a better feel for a player then those "Experts".

Ryan Leaf sure turned out well for the Chargers.

For every moronic statement of "These guys evaluate players for a living, they know what they're doing" I can name a player drafted high that turned out to be crap.

Seriously, that whole logic is dumb. Wth are we suppose to talk about then? Just go by what the NFL "Experts" do and follow them like mindless cattle.

:rolleyes:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
tomson75;1978117 said:

You may be right, it's certainly possible he goes in the third. I can't grade him as anything though, I don't have access to a fraction of what the scouts do.

Rack;1978110 said:
What does me accepting it have to do with anything?

And yeah, no one in the NFL ever messes up the draft, right?

Please, take that logic and place in the deepest darkest orifice on your body.

I don't care if he's drafted in the second, as long as the cowboys aren't the team to do it.

It's not like if the Cowboys do take him you can do jack about it, so stop your moaning.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ctrous25;1978125 said:
Not a whole lot of people on here want him in the 1st round... I think he is defenitly worth 2nd round pick... maybe even late 1st round although still havent seen enough him yet.. I see you have him going up your draft charts you said you wouldnt take him before the 5th.... now your fine with getting him in the 3rd?:D

:laugh2:

Next thing you know I'll be like one of these ignorant homers and I'll want us to trade up for him. :banghead:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
TheCount;1978128 said:
You may be right, it's certainly possible he goes in the third. I can't grade him as anything though, I don't have access to a fraction of what the scouts do.

It's not like if the Cowboys do take him you can do jack about it, so stop your moaning.

Well if there's no reason to debate anything, why are you here?

Cuz none of us can control anything, why bother talking about it? Why are you bothering to respond?

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Rack;1978131 said:
Well if there's no reason to debate anything, why are you here?

Cuz none of us can control anything, why bother talking about it? Why are you bothering to respond?

:laugh2: yup thats why we got this place