Twitter: Chris "Mad Dog" Russo tells the truth on Randy Gregory

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Mad Dog is ok if his radio station agrees to a contract with him in principle than at the last moment tries to squeeze in some language that was never discussed prior and that could potentially null/void his contract. Meanwhile a competitor station offers the same contract with no such clauses and we are supposed to believe he doesn’t bail? What a crock of donkey manure.

Broncos fan.

JustChip

Reaction score
Im going by reports the contract language in question was somehow not made known to Gregory's agent until after the agreement was in place. But I haven't had time to read all of the updates since the initial tweets hours ago.
That’s what’s being reported and the language was team protection in case of suspension. Here’s the thing, if the team felt like they needed that language, they probably shouldn’t be signing that player.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randy wanted OUT of the Circus.......nothing wrong with that.
He owns Jerry squat remember folks it's a business that's why our stars asked for the Moon and got their massive paychecks!!
Let the cash cows of our team finally earn a paycheck!!!

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I dont care bout him anymore.i feel bad for Jerry though who went above and beyond to help Gregory out and he backstabbed him at the first chance he got.

Eh, not really. Jerry tried to recoup on his draft pick investment. He really didn't do anything other than not cut him.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Weed is legal in Colorado.

Good for him but glad he's gone. Not a player that lifts his teammates, way too selfish.

Let’s see how he plays at home since it is legal, night before games will be wide open in his hotel room. People now will be saying, “you smell that”.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I dont care bout him anymore.i feel bad for Jerry though who went above and beyond to help Gregory out and he backstabbed him at the first chance he got.

I don't feel bad for Jerry at all. Loyalty isn't really a thing in the NFL. Owners cut players at the drop of a hat, and players take the biggest contract they can get.

That's the nature of the business, and that's precisely why GMs shouldn't emotionally invest in their players.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Eh, not really. Jerry tried to recoup on his draft pick investment. He really didn't do anything other than not cut him.
BS....they gave him a new deal WHILE he was suspended to keep paying him. Jerry went above and beyond.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Mad dog is a moron. He and Mike Francesca predate Skip Bayless, Stephen a Smith, and all the other idiots that like to yell into a mike about sports.

These shows are for stupid people that don’t have their own opinions.
yawn

shabazz

Reaction score

….when one deals with a player of low character the ending is predictable and inevitable

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If after so many years you have to play the what if game to figure out what a player might do over a 16 and now 17 game season they are not worth 70 million and certainly won't be around for another 5 years. Let him go. Be glad they didn't overspend for him, and wish him farewell. Good luck to you in mile high Randy.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
“Microphone glass?”

Looking at your name, IM assuming Calpoly taught you hw to use context clues. Listening very carefully to his word choices before and after Microphone glass, and knowing a radio guy that is talking fast, and knowing these guys sometimes say the wrong word from what they meant.... IM going to go way out on a limb here, and I know it is a stretch and all..... but lets try this and see how it works. I bet, just maybe, he meant to say "Magnifying glass." Now I didnt go to Harvard, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.... and Im thinking that was it.

Carson

Reaction score
Randy wanted OUT of the Circus.......nothing wrong with that.
He owns Jerry squat remember folks it's a business that's why our stars asked for the Moon and got their massive paychecks!!
Let the cash cows of our team finally earn a paycheck!!!
That’s false. He agreed. Stephen tried to change the language to protect Dallas and he said no thanks.

No language change and he is still in Dallas

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yes Randy shares sum blame as well. True. But the shady nature of what went down falls on Stephen. What makes it worse is we were told that there wasnt another offer on the table, but all along Denver was sitting there waiting for Stevie 2 screw the pooch.