Video: Chris Simms: Dak is not Top 5

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL. I really don't care what happened 4 years ago. If we care what happened 4 years ago we should bring Peyton Manning out of retirement. The last 3 years have been very average....Which is weird.... because everyone says Dallas is loaded with talent especially on the Offensive side of the ball.

And truthfully winning 10 games a year is not what I want. That means half the time you don't make the playoffs and it also means you probably never win a SB.

My whole point is Dak has not shown he can win anything unless all his weapons are in place. You have done nothing to say otherwise. I am still waiting on a good example. You are the one ignoring.

I really only care about the last year. I don't even care what Dak did 2 years ago. Last year Dak led the team to a very average 8-8 record.
The team was bad last year. I'll never deny that. But if you think you can pin 8-8 on Dak then try again. Dak statistically had one of the best QB seasons last year. Wins and losses are a team stat so go somewhere else if you think that will win you any arguments here.

romonumberone

Reaction score
The team was bad last year. I'll never deny that. But if you think you can pin 8-8 on Dak then try again. Dak statistically had one of the best QB seasons last year. Wins and losses are a team stat so go somewhere else if you think that will win you any arguments here.

The team was average last year. The supporting cast around Dak on offense was tremendous. And yet the Offense struggled mightily in about 5 of the losses.... So yes I will put that on the QB. 5 games is a big difference. It is the difference between an 8-8 campaign and a 13-3 #1 seed and possibly a trip to the SB.

Stats do not even begin to tell the whole story. Do you think Dak played great vs. the Bills? Stats say he did. Do you think Dak played great vs. the Bears? Stats say he did. Try again..... I am still waiting for my ONE example.

romonumberone

Reaction score

i love the part where you say wins are a team stat.... I will remember that the next time you start talking about Dak and his 40 wins.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The team was average last year. The supporting cast around Dak on offense was tremendous. And yet the Offense struggled mightily in about 5 of the losses.... So yes I will put that on the QB. 5 games is a big difference. It is the difference between an 8-8 campaign and a 13-3 #1 seed and possibly a trip to the SB.

Stats do not even begin to tell the whole story. Do you think Dak played great vs. the Bills? Stats say he did. Do you think Dak played great vs. the Bears? Stats say he did. Try again..... I am still waiting for my ONE example.
No one dropped more passes than the Cowboys receivers last year. It's as if you did not watch the games if you think his supporting cast was tremendous.

As for you wanting "one example". You can wait till hell freezes over buddy. You DO NOT assign me homework. I gave you 40 wins to choose from so if you refuse to take that step, I'll be damned if I'm going to walk your mile.

btcutter

Reaction score
I think the Dak vs Deshaun conversation should be had because I think Dak is right there with him. But Rodgers, Wilson, Lamar and Mahomes is understandable. Those guys are where we want Dak to get to.

He also reminds us that Derek Carr was the highest paid player in the nfl. It's how the qb market works. I love Dak as our qb but i wish the owners would stop chucking ridiculous money at the position. But it's hard to argue with market forces.

Wonder if owners ever brought up to limit any player cannot take up more than x% of salary cap. Argument to Player association would be that there will be more money for "other" players since it's mandatory that owners spent % of their salary cap.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
i love the part where you say wins are a team stat.... I will remember that the next time you start talking about Dak and his 40 wins.
You are the one that thinks 8-8 is a reflection on Dak's ability. I'm just trying to speak your language with placing wins on the quality of a QB. You can't have it both ways. If you want to knock Dak for that 8-8 record then you have to give him credit for 40 wins in 4 seasons... actually it's 41 wins counting the win over Seattle in the playoffs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How many quarterbacks are playmakers? And please name them. Beside Mahomes, Brees and Wilson. Who is a full package playmaker left? Dak is way better then a caretaker. Ask Tony Romo...And Dak if he can learn to throw just a dad better would be a playmaker if he's not nearly one already. You haven't seen some of his games obviously.

Yeah.. Pay those elite guys..

Don’t pay the bus drivers more then elite guys because other teams screwed up the market.

We have Dalton to get us through a year who will get Dak like results. Now go draft a guy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Is he good enough if he can't beat the Dolphins and Giants though?

If he is beating teams like the Patriots or teams with winning records I think it’s an easier sell that he could beat the bad teams too.

What’s crazy is 1 playoff win in 4 years and us going 2-7 against winning teams last year and you guys telling me he should be the highest paid QB in the league on his terms.

I don’t think we should pay good QB play whatever it wants.. If you think so then fine.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If he is beating teams like the Patriots or teams with winning records I think it’s an easier sell that he could beat the bad teams too.

What’s crazy is 1 playoff win in 4 years and us going 2-7 against winning teams last year and you guys telling me he should be the highest paid QB in the league on his terms.

I don’t think we should pay good QB play whatever it wants.. If you think so then fine.
If I paid based on what a player SHOULD cost I Wouldn't have any players. I wouldn't' have paid Lawrence, Jaylon, Collins or Zeke. But you gotta pay them. Especially the most important one.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Why are you ignoring what Zeke did?

09/29 New Orleans Loss 12-10 - Elliott 35 yards
10/06 Green Bay Loss 34-24 - Elliott 62 yards
11/10 Minnesota Loss 28-24 - Elliott 47 yards
11/24 New England Loss 13-9 - Elliott 86 yards
11/28 Buffalo Loss 26-15 - Elliott 71 yards
12/5 Chicago Loss 31-24 - Elliott 81 yards
12/29 Philly Loss 17-9 - Elliott 47 yards

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If I paid based on what a player SHOULD cost I Wouldn't have any players. I wouldn't' have paid Lawrence, Jaylon, Collins or Zeke. But you gotta pay them. Especially the most important one.

Maybe.. But this contract is much larger and there is proof that paying this position too much = no Super Bowl.

With the guys you mention you could argue they are one of the best outside of Jaylon who was good but started caring more about his brand than football.

JBS

Reaction score
LOL. Yes as I stated earlier give me one good example with a decent sample size.

Don't move the goal posts now

I don't even know what a decent sample size means when you specifically requested 1 example

Here is one example, just off the top of my head

Cowboys @ Giants week 17 2018 season

No Zeke and no Tyron and no Z. Martin

Dak throws for almost 400 yards and wins the game coming from behind late

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe.. But this contract is much larger and there is proof that paying this position too much = no Super Bowl.
Yeah but there's proof about a lot of things. Like I can say......in the past 10 years no team has won a Super Bowl that plays in Dallas. Or I can say no team has won a Super Bowl that has had Jerry Jones GM'd by them for the last 10 years. I can say no team has won a Super Bowl in the past 10 years who invested a 4th overall pick in Quarterback. Or no team has won a Super Bowl ring that pays 100 million to a defensive end.

We can do this with everything. We can come up with millions of scenarios of teams who don't win a ring. And it will be true....until its not. If Mahomes signs a 40 million dollar contract and wins a Super Bowl that will be debunked.

It also leads people to believe that those contracts are the reasons why those teams haven't won but that's not the case. The poor contracts they gave to other players took part in that too.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Wonder if owners ever brought up to limit any player cannot take up more than x% of salary cap. Argument to Player association would be that there will be more money for "other" players since it's mandatory that owners spent % of their salary cap.

They were talking about that in another show. Maybe cap it at 15% or less. One thing for sure is it would force owners to surround the QB with better players if there is a max amount they can offer. QBs will go to the team that has the better opportunity for success.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It's interesting, fans who support the idea of breaking the bank with Dak will use stats and analytics to try and support their position, which I understand. However, the acknowledge source for these is PFF I believe. Yet, when you ask PFF about Dak, they specifically tell you that the stats and analytics don't tell the whole story. Basically, he's not as good as his numbers. So it's interesting that these stats are so heavily relied upon but the actual opinion of the group who does the work to put all this info together is not paid attention to. Crazy right?
I believe the word for this is "oxymoronic".

Another word is "double-dealing" and "duplicidous" and "disingenuous".

Oopps..that's 5 words.

You get my drift. Shape-shifters.

Two more words.

Later.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I admire your "Devil May Care" approach here. I really do but I fear that the logical rational will fall on def ears. Also, you are going to have a huge lump on your forehead after this post, I'm affraid.

Lol. I'm well aware. My anonymous internet account is tough though. I suspect it can handle it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, there's only a very few trolls who think Dak is terrible. Most put him in the medium to above average range, w/ upward mobility still possible.

Well...…….but all those guys said he was average before last year and then below average before THAT. They keep creeping up. All have been wrong about Dak from the beginning.