Video: Chris Simms: Dak is not Top 5

reddyuta

Reaction score
This video is everything in a nut shell soup to nuts. 100% accurate in every way.

Not top 5. 6-9 Clearly not average, clearly better than the trolls say. Clearly a guy you sign.

Case closed, argument over, trolls take a beating.

i am done arguing this,the Jones have already decided to pay him and its just a matter of who blinks first on the length of the contract.

ghst187

Reaction score
6-9...that's an accurate assessment

I agree. Not sure why “not top 5” is somehow a “burn”? There are over 30 other QBs in the nfl that also aren’t top five.
There are at least 20 teams that would probably love to have Dak over what they have.
And since when was it soooo easy to go out and pluck the next Brady or Brees from the draft or free agency?
Finding guys like that are like finding unicorns. NYG kept Eli around forever and won 2SBs with him and he was probably never top 10. There are the unicorns and then there are guys who are good enough to win with, and there are good hope to be good enough, and then there are the we can’t find anyone decent so we have him...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

I don't agree with either of them naming their Top 5:

Mahomes
Wilson
Jackson
Rodgers
Watson

Why are they their Top 5??? Based on what? Dak beats them with "tight window throws" most of the time, beats them with accuracy % on mid-to-deep throws, and beats most of them with QBR.

So why isn't Dak easily in their Top 5?

It's clear these men (and those who agree with them) are agreeing with their Top 5 (Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Rodgers and Watson) based on their personal preference instead of accumulated stats over recent years. It's all personal bunk, and I have no care for these so called "experts'" clearly "biased" opinions.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
i am done arguing this,the Jones have already decided to pay him and its just a matter of who blinks first on the length of the contract.

I think the Cowboys cave. Im not sure a 4 year contract isn't better anyway.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
What makes you think the salary cap is going to rise next year? The NFL may not even have a full season and they've already made salary cuts with King Roger himself falling on his sword and not accepting his meager salary.

You don't need to know the future to understand the more you pay Dak the less you'll have to invest in other positions. Dak is a QB that needs to be surrounded by better players than he is. He doesn't elevate those around him those around him elevate him.

Now maybe under a HC that actually knows what he's doing it'll be different.

for one year that may be the case but again the salary cap is t going to remain frozen and if it is there is a good chance the league doesn’t survive so your gripe about Prescott getti n paid would be gone either way.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Dak, Zeke, Cooper, Lawrence are all overpaid.

So...………….for me...……....you HAVE to pick a position group or groups where you can get by with great production and not need ONE highly paid player. To me that is obvious...…….RB.

If you have a great oline, just get 2 or 3 good backs and you can get the same kind of production. Or just hold firm and don't pay these guys over 10 million.

Or, just have great young backs on rookie deals churning every few years.

Agreed. The FO should’ve capitalized on Dak and Zeke’s early years on their rookie contracts. That was the window for them to add valuable pieces around them but they failed miserably along with piss poor coaching.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Mahomes
Wilson
Jackson
Rodgers
Watson

Why are they their Top 5??? Based on what? Dak beats them with "tight window throws" most of the time, beats them with accuracy % on mid-to-deep throws, and beats most of them with QBR.

It's clear these men (and those who agree with them) are agreeing with their Top 5 (Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Rodgers and Watson) based on their personal preference instead of accumulated stats over recent years. It's all personal bunk, and I have no care for these so called "experts" clearly "biased" opinions.

If Dak haters are too far one way, then maybe you are too far the other way.

So where do you place Dak? In the top 5? Please show your order.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All you have to do is watch this.....

Or this....

But this was the best...

lol - yeah, all you have to do is pick the lowest points in one season and treat them as representing all points in his career

by the way, misleading thread title. Simms wasn't knocking Dak in any wqy. He said Dak falls somewhere from 6-9 in the NFL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
i dont mind too,if in 4 years we havent been to the NFC championship with this talent then its time for a new QB.

Jerry always screws this up. Many reasons to use draft picks on talented QB's. Never being held hostage by ONE QB is one of them.

Once Dak signs his deal, we need to continue to draft QB's so that in 4 years we have someone else. Like Garrapollo.

To either move onto or possibly trade.

Redline360

Reaction score

Mahomes
Wilson
Jackson
Rodgers
Watson

It's clear these men (and those who agree with them) are agreeing with their Top 5 (Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Rodgers and Watson) based on their personal preference instead of accumulated stats over recent years. It's all personal bunk, and I have no care for these so called "experts" clearly "biased" opinions.

This post is the perfect example why looking/arguing purely on stats is laughable.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
sure will be glad when dak gets signed so all this back and forth will end but I will say when he signs if he don't win and win big it will come back on him hard from fans and media a contract like that will put a lot of pressure on him

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If Dak haters are too far one way, then maybe you are too far the other way.

So where do you place Dak? In the top 5? Please show your order.
I'm too far the other way? Why? I'm basing my opinion on the stats I mentioned:

Tight window throws
Mid-to-deep accuracy %
QBR

Dak has better numbers by average in recent years than half of those Top 5 listed:

Mahomes
Wilson
Jackson
Rodgers
Watson

Are you denying this?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I have no problem someone considering Dak 6th in the league ....... Only the dumbest Dak hater would think this is a win for them.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I'm too far the other way? Why? I'm basing my opinion on the stats I mentioned:

Tight window throws
Mid-to-deep accuracy %
QBR

Dak has better numbers by average in recent years than half of those Top 5 listed:

Mahomes
Wilson
Jackson
Rodgers
Watson

Are you denying this?
lol... basing your rankings off of made up imaginary stats like "tight window throws". Dak's "numbers by average" have him as a dink and dunk game manager who had one outlier year (where the team had its worst record).

Sniffing paint is bad for you.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lol... basing your rankings off of made up imaginary stats like "tight window throws". Dak's "numbers by average" have him as a dink and dunk game manager who had one outlier year (where the team had its worst record).

Sniffing paint is bad for you.
Here we go, Super Numbnuts exposes his ignorance once again.

Dak is a dink-n-dunk passer? Based on what? Prove it. Don't keep talking ish. Show us some proof.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
MJ after viewing the video.
tenor.gif