Video: Chris Simms: Dak is not Top 5

Redline360

Reaction score
If you don't go by stats, you clearly are going based on biased personal opinion.

Folks like you are what's truly laughable.

Dont know if you're trying to be serious or troll....

To make this simple and without going into great detail as it's a waste of time debating troll posts...

I'll take a quarteback that puts up average/good stats that has shown the ability to win, lead the team, and lift others up over a quarterback that puts up awesome numbers.

So you're saying you would take Dak over Mahomes, brees, brady, wilson, Rodgers etc.cause he puts up similar if not better numbers? Dak cant even hold their jockstraps at this point

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dont know if you're trying to be serious or troll....

To make this simple and without going into great detail as it's a waste of time debating troll posts...

I'll take a quarteback that puts up average/good stats that has shown the ability to win, lead the team, and lift others up over a quarterback that puts up awesome numbers.

So you're saying you would take Dak over Mahomes, brees, brady, wilson, Rodgers etc.cause he puts up similar if not better numbers? Dak cant even hold their jockstraps at this point
Absolutely, I'll take Dak over half of those QBs you just listed. Plus, Dak has proven he has "the ability to win, lead the team, and lift others up". Where have you been the past 4 years? And you call yourself a Cowboys fan??? Pfft. Baloney. Sounds like you are the one trolling here, pardner.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm too far the other way? Why? I'm basing my opinion on the stats I mentioned:

Tight window throws
Mid-to-deep accuracy %
QBR

Dak has better numbers by average in recent years than half of those Top 5 listed:

Mahomes
Wilson
Jackson
Rodgers
Watson

Are you denying this?

I am asking you where is Dak on your QB list? You said he is top 5 so please show your top 5 QB's. Try to step away from the "stat only" angle and make your list. I am curious.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think the issue is if you consider Watson or Wentz top 5 then you have to consider Dak. I don’t consider any of them top 5 however. Mahomes, Russ, Lamar, Brees and Rodgers are my top 5.......then after that you can debate all those guys.
Is Lamar a.top 5 quarterback or just the best athlete on the field? His quarterback skills are lacking.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Even if say a new TV deal expanded the cap and by that point 45 mil is around the tenth highest paid QB?

I think its already way stupid. These players should not be making this type of money. I don't care what the TV deal expands to .

Take the money and give it to the lower guys. Better pension money for the retired guys. Better benefits. Give the money away to Charity. Do something. But please stop playing these players this kind of stupid money.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Is Lamar a.top 5 quarterback or just the best athlete on the field? His quarterback skills are lacking.

Guy threw for 36 passing TD's last year. That isn't chump change. Granted a lot of it was off play action one on one stuff. But still...…….he is more accurate than I thought. And in only his 2nd year, that is very impressive.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak is better than Watson. And he's better than Jackson too who's gonna dip next year. Dak would've won a Super Bowl with that Baltimore team.

The only 6 guys I'd put above Dak is Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, and Ben.
Dak fan, I see
:flagwave:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Whose calling the ole kettle black here? Tell us Chris. What have you accomplished in those 8 years w/four different NFL teams? Let's make it your first 4 years being that's how long Dak's been in the league. Anything? Playoffs?

Listening to you means absolutely, NOTHING!
419uxj.gif

Last edited:

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is #6 but 7-10 range is fair.

So, can you win paying a QB in the 7-10 range the most in the NFL? History says absolutely not. The problem is . . . then what? Do you just cut him or trade him? That doesn't sound like a particularly good plan either.

The Cowboys are screwed here. Paying Dak that much money ($35-$40m per year) leaves the team with an incredibly thin margin going forward. If they give him that deal now and the cap goes down next year it will get ugly. Just losing Dak leaves you with Dalton who no one is going to accuse of being a championship level QB. Its better than Rush though!

Dallas' window with Dak was when he was on his rookie deal. They wasted it with Garrett. Now things get harder. Hopefully McCarthy walks on water and can turn a thin roster with lots of youth into a contender.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Whose calling the ole kettle black here? Tell us Chris. What have you accomplished in those 8 years w/four different NFL teams? Let's make it your first 4 years being that's how long Dak's been in the league. Anything? Playoffs?

Exactly, sis!

DFWJC

Reaction score

419ufg.gif
:laugh:
Do you think Dak is a top 5 QB already?
Not just top 10, but top 5?

reddyuta

Reaction score

So, can you win paying a QB in the 7-10 range the most in the NFL? History says absolutely not. The problem is . . . then what? Do you just cut him or trade him? That doesn't sound like a particularly good plan either.

The Cowboys are screwed here. Paying Dak that much money ($35-$40m per year) leaves the team with an incredibly thin margin going forward. If they give him that deal now and the cap goes down next year it will get ugly. Just losing Dak leaves you with Dalton who no one is going to accuse of being a championship level QB. Its better than Rush though!

Dallas' window with Dak was when he was on his rookie deal. They wasted it with Garrett. Now things get harder. Hopefully McCarthy walks on water and can turn a thin roster with lots of youth into a contender.

dont worry about the Cap,its going to explode in the coming years.

Redline360

Reaction score
Absolutely, I'll take Dak over half of those QBs you just listed. Plus, Dak has proven he has "the ability to win, lead the team, and lift others up". Where have you been the past 4 years? And you call yourself a Cowboys fan??? Pfft. Baloney. Sounds like you are the one trolling here, pardner.

Just because I don't think Dak is a top 5 quarterback or "elite" doesn't mean I'm not a cowbous fan. I'm just not fn delusional. He's an above average quarterback as I have said many times.

All those quarterbacks I listed have proven playoff success, better leadership skills, and the ability to make others shine with far less support(not all). Dak is getting there but not just yet

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Just because I don't think Dak is a top 5 quarterback or "elite" doesn't mean I'm not a cowbous fan. I'm just not fn delusional. He's an above average quarterback as I have said many times.

All those quarterbacks I listed have proven playoff success, better leadership skills, and the ability to make others shine with far less support(not all). Dak is getting there but not just yet
Sorry...but...

Stats, results and videos prove you wrong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

History doesn't say that at all. History doesn't have enough evidence to say either way. These high QB salaries just started 3-5 years ago.

Funny, because I didn't hear you say anything about a window when Dak was on his rookie deal.

Paying a QB big money simply means you have to manage your cap well. That's all it says. And as it stands, Cowboys are in great position with the cap now and going forward.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Guy threw for 36 passing TD's last year. That isn't chump change. Granted a lot of it was off play action one on one stuff. But still...…….he is more accurate than I thought. And in only his 2nd year, that is very impressive.
The playoff game was telling against the Titans. He still has the same issue he had against the Chargers. Make him beat you with his arm and play him like a running back.