News: Chris Simms Lists His Top 40 QBs for 2022

Havic

Reaction score
I respect a list that doesn't have Deshaun Watson in the top 10. I've been to so many Texan games where the crowd is screaming "Throw it to the WIDE OPEN WR!"

He'll be a glorious failure in Clev, IMO LOL.

At this rate he may never play for them lmao

Hadenough

Reaction score
Why would Dallas do that? Dak won more games as a starting quarterback than Cousins. Dak isn't elite, but he's a pretty good quarterback. Teams don't just let quarterbacks with Dak's numbers just walk out of the door with nobody to replace their production.

Dak, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees all had one playoff win in their first 5 or 6 seasons. Matthew Stafford had zero playoff wins.... all of them were drafted higher than Dak, so if you would have released Dak after 5 years, then you definitely would have released Brees, Peyton Manning and Stafford who were ALL DRAFTED HIGHER than Dak, correct??

If not, that would seem a bit hypocritical, dont ya think?
The thing is you just see the difference in Dak in why he was a 4th round pick. Manning would carry his teams because he never had a running game or defense. Sure he never won but he would beat good teams during the regular season. Same with Brees! Stafford was in bad teams but he did have Calvin Johnson. He never had a running game along with the misfortune of playing Rodgers twice a year. But those QBs were physically more talented than Dak. I'm doesn't take an expert to see that Daks can't deal with pressure just like Cousins. The WFT was a terrible organization along with they treated him like they didn't want him. His numbers after going to Minn are decent but like Dak he needs a full supporting team to help carry him. But with Dak he will never be consistent enough to ever win any more than one playoff win.

Hadenough

Reaction score
True but we would have sucked just as bad.
Not if Jerry was thinking straight. He could of offered Brady the world with a fence around it. Had Brady declined than you have made a sacrifice for the team and you have a bad season and are picking top 5 in the draft. And maybe this time they trade up and land a QB with pedigree.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Not if Jerry was thinking straight. He could of offered Brady the world with a fence around it. Had Brady declined than you have made a sacrifice for the team and you have a bad season and are picking top 5 in the draft. And maybe this time they trade up and land a QB with pedigree.

There are plenty of QBs with pedigree that never do anything noteworthy in the NFL.

Hadenough

Reaction score
People don't realize the Cowboys could win just as many games with Cousins, Tannehill, Jimmy G or any of those 3rd teir QBs. But yet all these Dak supporters think those other QBs suck. I would bet that those other QBs might even take the Cowboys further than Dak has or ever will.

Hadenough

Reaction score
There are plenty of QBs with pedigree that never do anything noteworthy in the NFL.
That's right but having that pedigree gives you that chance. There have been some outliers but that's becoming less and less.

Batman1980

Reaction score
That's right but having that pedigree gives you that chance. There have been some outliers but that's becoming less and less.

Jimmy G doesn't really have pedigree, his sheen from being overdrafted is wearing off. If a bus driver like him can go to the NFCCG then so can Dak.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
People don't realize the Cowboys could win just as many games with Cousins, Tannehill, Jimmy G or any of those 3rd teir QBs. But yet all these Dak supporters think those other QBs suck. I would bet that those other QBs might even take the Cowboys further than Dak has or ever will.
The Cousins hate baffles me.

He is literally better than Dak in almost every metric, but people here act like he's a bum and Dak is a GOAT.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The thing is you just see the difference in Dak in why he was a 4th round pick. Manning would carry his teams because he never had a running game or defense. Sure he never won but he would beat good teams during the regular season. Same with Brees! Stafford was in bad teams but he did have Calvin Johnson. He never had a running game along with the misfortune of playing Rodgers twice a year. But those QBs were physically more talented than Dak. I'm doesn't take an expert to see that Daks can't deal with pressure just like Cousins. The WFT was a terrible organization along with they treated him like they didn't want him. His numbers after going to Minn are decent but like Dak he needs a full supporting team to help carry him. But with Dak he will never be consistent enough to ever win any more than one playoff win.
so now you are complaining why Dak isn't Rodgers, Manning, Stafford......a HOF QB, a sure to be HOF QB and a potential HOF QB....two of which were #1 over all picks.....

that's why they were picked where they were. who they are..why they are elite. Dak isn't elite. not his fault. he has limitations. so is your angle that I want an Elite QB like these other guys and I won't be happy unless 1- we get one, or 2- Dak turns into one? I am not sure about the reason behind this comparison.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
maybe, maybe not. its nothing but an opinion. again, what's the point of your post? btw, Cousins has had some nice tools available to him in Minny and accomplished craap. Tannehill has benefit of one of the best in-game-management coaches in the league, the best RB in the league, one of the best offensive lines and a really good defense. when you throw for 87 yards in a playoff game and your team wins it, it wasn't you. Grapolo also has one of the best, youngest coaches. great great great running game and a fantastic defense.

with that said, I am not faulting them for any of that. teams go to superbowl or win it, with QBs similar to the list above, Jimmy G is a great example. doesn't mean you can't. you just have to have the right system, right coach and the right team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Cousins hate baffles me.

He is literally better than Dak in almost every metric, but people here act like he's a bum and Dak is a GOAT.
now you are in love with cousin....what happend to wentz love? you used to tout him so much.

and I thought you said stats are meaningless. does it mean now stats can be used to compare QBs?

Hadenough

Reaction score
so now you are complaining why Dak isn't Rodgers, Manning, Stafford......a HOF QB, a sure to be HOF QB and a potential HOF QB....two of which were #1 over all picks.....

that's why they were picked where they were. who they are..why they are elite. Dak isn't elite. not his fault. he has limitations. so is your angle that I want an Elite QB like these other guys and I won't be happy unless 1- we get one, or 2- Dak turns into one? I am not sure about the reason behind this comparison.
Dak will never do anymore than what we have seen. It's like being stuck with a guy who wins just enough so that you will never be able to get a better QB. And he is paid like he is Rodgers or Mahommes. Yeah it would be great to have an elite QB but they are too hard to come by. But the next best thing would be at least a QB that is accurate and somewhat consistent.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Jimmy G doesn't really have pedigree, his sheen from being overdrafted is wearing off. If a bus driver like him can go to the NFCCG then so can Dak.
But the thing is Jimmy G will make that 3rd down throw into tight coverage while Dak will hold onto the ball and take a sack on 3rd down. Jimmy has more confidence in his ability than Dak does in his. You put Dak on the 49ers and their one and done.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
2-3 years of Brady would have been awesome

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But the thing is Jimmy G will make that 3rd down throw into tight coverage while Dak will hold onto the ball and take a sack on 3rd down. Jimmy has more confidence in his ability than Dak does in his. You put Dak on the 49ers and their one and done.
this is just made up lies. its an eye test that when put to actual happenings in the game has been proven to be just that and eye test from some one with an agenda.

Hadenough

Reaction score
this is just made up lies. its an eye test that when put to actual happenings in the game has been proven to be just that and eye test from some one with an agenda.
Ahhhh your one of those people. I know your type always gotta play that card.