News: Chris Simms Lists His Top 40 QBs for 2022

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not if Jerry was thinking straight. He could of offered Brady the world with a fence around it. Had Brady declined than you have made a sacrifice for the team and you have a bad season and are picking top 5 in the draft. And maybe this time they trade up and land a QB with pedigree.
that's a fantasy most cowboys fans live in. for Brady it wasn't about the money, it was about the rings. his wife makes 4 times what he does. so why would he care about money. his family and legacy is set, so why would he worry about a contract at 44. he wanted rings. he wanted to go somewhere that would give him the best chance for a ring. that wasn't dallas. I think he made the smartest choice by going to tampa. great coach. great culture. an offense that just needed him and a defense that could be dominant. and we know he made the right choice, because they won a superbowl. in Dallas, he would get caught in the GM drama, the daily cowboys players drama, and everyone who has left dallas says the same thing, its not about winning, its about marketing. Brady doesn't need a marketing machine. Brady in Dallas would have been great for Jerry. just think of the number of jersey's he could have sold. but not so great for Brady. can you imagine him working with a first year OC!? really. what could Moore teach him. again, just pure fantasy on most cowboys fans part thinking Brady would consider Dallas.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ahhhh your one of those people. I know your type always gotta play that card.
yeah, if you think what you say is the truth, then provide some facts. otherwise every stat out there say otherwise. like I said the eye test. the fantasy cowboys fans who still think Brady would have come to dallas for money!!!! really!? come on son open your eyes.

and let me ask if Grapolo is available? or was available? again fantasy land. cowboys fans who live in Madden NFL and make trades and fantasize. btw, Grapolo had the #1 defense and #1 running game and one of the most brilliant offensive minds in the game. do you expect him to do the same in dallas?

Hadenough

Reaction score
yeah, if you think what you say is the truth, then provide some facts. otherwise every stat out there say otherwise. like I said the eye test. the fantasy cowboys fans who still think Brady would have come to dallas for money!!!! really!? come on son open your eyes.

and let me ask if Grapolo is available? or was available? again fantasy land. cowboys fans who live in Madden NFL and make trades and fantasize. btw, Grapolo had the #1 defense and #1 running game and one of the most brilliant offensive minds in the game. do you expect him to do the same in dallas?
Jimmy G , Tannehill, Cousins would all get Dallas just as far as Dak has. But they might be able to get you one or two games further if they are lucky. But your not winning a SB with them. You put Herbert on this team and even though he hasn't won anything they would have a very good chance of going to the SB. You see Dak is who he is and it's not his fault but everyone has limitations and people refuse to see that Dak just doesn't have the physical or mental tools.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jimmy G , Tannehill, Cousins would all get Dallas just as far as Dak has. But they might be able to get you one or two games further if they are lucky. But your not winning a SB with them. You put Herbert on this team and even though he hasn't won anything they would have a very good chance of going to the SB. You see Dak is who he is and it's not his fault but everyone has limitations and people refuse to see that Dak just doesn't have the physical or mental tools.
so you kind of trying to argue your point, but then you give yourself an out. read my other posts, perhaps these guys can produce similarly to Dak in Dallas. ALthough I think Cousins is a loser as he has had just as much, if not more in Minny and he has underwhelemed. he shrinks in big moments.

so on the one hand you declare confidently that they would all get dallas just as far as dak, then you say "if lucky" we get further. doesn't that same luck apply to Dak. do you think the way we looked against SF, as unprepared as we were, that the results would have been any different?

and again, with the herbert, et. al. ...... get me an herbert and then we talk, otherwise its just wishful thinking. this is not an argument that if this team would be better with Herbert, Rodgers, Allen, Mahomes or Brady. the answer is yes. but none of them are here. none of them will ever be here, none of them will hit the market. so why even argue or discuss that. unless you have a goal/agenda to just bad Dak because nothing else to discuss.....

yes, Dak has limitations. why is it that in your third/fourth response you keep bringing that up, eventhough we have agreed on that.... what's the point? are you looking for an argument?

you sound like you have no solution at all. all you want to do is bash Dak to make yourself feel better. so if that makes you feel better then Bash away. enjoy. is it going to change anything? I doubt it.

Ok, we can't win with Dak...great.....now what?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
:hammer::clap:

kskboys

Reaction score
I get your point; however, I don't think success as an NFL QB is the criteria for being a good QB analyst or QB coach.

Chris Simms does seem to put time into studying game film.

Many ex-players in the media don't put much if any effort into reviewing game footage of specific players. I think most of them just watch in real time and maybe review some games once. Does Marcellus Wiley grind through tape of all pass rushers...
Most great players simply do not make great announcers or coaches. Why? First of all, being a player is a completely different skillset than being an announcer/coach. Secondly, most great players are ungawdly rich by the time they retire, and are not motivated to go through the rigors of a new career.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not if Jerry was thinking straight. He could of offered Brady the world with a fence around it. Had Brady declined than you have made a sacrifice for the team and you have a bad season and are picking top 5 in the draft. And maybe this time they trade up and land a QB with pedigree.
Brady doesn't go to teams w/ crapp D's.

kskboys

Reaction score
But the thing is Jimmy G will make that 3rd down throw into tight coverage while Dak will hold onto the ball and take a sack on 3rd down. Jimmy has more confidence in his ability than Dak does in his. You put Dak on the 49ers and their one and done.
JimmieG is not very good.

kskboys

Reaction score
that's a fantasy most cowboys fans live in. for Brady it wasn't about the money, it was about the rings. his wife makes 4 times what he does. so why would he care about money. his family and legacy is set, so why would he worry about a contract at 44. he wanted rings. he wanted to go somewhere that would give him the best chance for a ring. that wasn't dallas. I think he made the smartest choice by going to tampa. great coach. great culture. an offense that just needed him and a defense that could be dominant. and we know he made the right choice, because they won a superbowl. in Dallas, he would get caught in the GM drama, the daily cowboys players drama, and everyone who has left dallas says the same thing, its not about winning, its about marketing. Brady doesn't need a marketing machine. Brady in Dallas would have been great for Jerry. just think of the number of jersey's he could have sold. but not so great for Brady. can you imagine him working with a first year OC!? really. what could Moore teach him. again, just pure fantasy on most cowboys fans part thinking Brady would consider Dallas.
Arians is a middle of the pack coach. Don't fall for the hoopla he got after winning w/ Brady.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Looks good to me.. But I think Dak falls into 10-15 range

I like tiers..
Tier 1= Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers
Tier 2= Stafford, Allen, Burrow, Wilson, Herbert, Jackson
Tier 3= Dak, Murray, Carr, Tannyhill, Cousins

I'd adjust that slightly:

Tier 1= Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers
Tier 2= Stafford, Allen, Burrow, Wilson, Herbert, Watson
Tier 3= Dak, Murray, Carr, Jackson
Tier 4 = Tannehill, Cousins, Tua

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JimmieG is not very good.
Some QB's are better with a run game. he has to have one. He has the perfect HC in Shanahan, his Dad stopped Elway from getting too pass happy.

Good HC's know just how much of a game that can put on their QB. Garrett put too much on Romo and Moore put too much on Prescott last year. They begin to press and did not play within themselves as much.

Then you get a HC like Harbaugh and he turns his entire offense inside out for Jackson.

All of the NFCE teams need to keep the yoke off their QB's. Especially WAS because if Wentz has to get creative bad things happen.

75boyz

Reaction score
The same as Dak. Nothing. Hence why they are in the same tier. Not elite. Avg. Fairly middling.

Career stats-wise the numbers are extremely similar. Dak Cousins and Kirk Prescott. Both got lotsa money contracts that those team fan bases have debated over as deserved or not for years.

They have always been pretty much one in the same player to me.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Some QB's are better with a run game. he has to have one. He has the perfect HC in Shanahan, his Dad stopped Elway from getting too pass happy.

Good HC's know just how much of a game that can put on their QB. Garrett put too much on Romo and Moore put too much on Prescott last year. They begin to press and did not play within themselves as much.

Then you get a HC like Harbaugh and he turns his entire offense inside out for Jackson.

All of the NFCE teams need to keep the yoke off their QB's. Especially WAS because if Wentz has to get creative bad things happen.
JimmyG = Trent Dilfer

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

GINeric

Reaction score
The thing is you just see the difference in Dak in why he was a 4th round pick. Manning would carry his teams because he never had a running game or defense. Sure he never won but he would beat good teams during the regular season. Same with Brees! Stafford was in bad teams but he did have Calvin Johnson. He never had a running game along with the misfortune of playing Rodgers twice a year. But those QBs were physically more talented than Dak. I'm doesn't take an expert to see that Daks can't deal with pressure just like Cousins. The WFT was a terrible organization along with they treated him like they didn't want him. His numbers after going to Minn are decent but like Dak he needs a full supporting team to help carry him. But with Dak he will never be consistent enough to ever win any more than one playoff win.

See thats just the thing.... you said that those quarterbacks were physically more talented than Dak... but Dak had better numbers than they had at the 5 year mark of their careers. So if they turned out better to win more than one playoff game, how can you say Dak can't or won't???

Again, at year 5 or 6, Dak had better numbers than all of them totally except for maybe Manning, but Dak was able to statistically do things better than Manning at that particular mark in their careers. So to say they were able to win more than one playoff game as their careers matured, but Dak won't be able isn't fair honestly.

On another note, its hilarious the excuses that are made for Matt Stafford who was selected in the first round. "He was with bad teams or he didn’t have this or that". Matthew Stafford was selected in the first round, so he's EXPECTED to change the misfortunes of the team around him. If Stafford was as good as some of you say, then he could put the team on his back like elite quarterbacks have done in this league. 15 quarterbacks in the league would have won the superbowl with that Rams team, including Dak. Not taking nothing away from Stafford, he's pretty damn good, but its amazing at the expectations of a 4th rounder like Dak thats greater than those 1st and 2nd round quarterbacks in whom he shared comparable stats, if not better in most categories at this point in their careers.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Arians is a middle of the pack coach. Don't fall for the hoopla he got after winning w/ Brady.
he was touted way before that.....and we can't disregard what he did. he had the team on the verge, loaded, needed a QB to get over the hump and got it done. its never easy