News: Chris Simms Lists His Top 40 QBs for 2022

kskboys

Reaction score
Why would you question Wilson? health?

Unless time has caught up with him, he is tier 1. I look for a big year out of the Denver offense with him under center.
He was never tier one. Doesn't win playoff games w/o that tremendous D and Marshawn backing him.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I will do my part ;)

You are very weak :rolleyes:

Saying things like "you are very weak" is as weak as it gets.

It would be like me saying "you are dumb and ugly". No matter how true it may or may not be, it is entirely self-satisfying and makes no pertinent point other than to stroke the ego. In other words, it's weak.

I would try and think things through a bit more, if I were you.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Cousins was in the east before and got owned. Cousins is vastly overpaid. If he was that good, Washington wouldn't have let him go.
Washington was in the same position as Dallas with Dak. They let let Cousins go because he wanted too much money. That's what Dallas should of done with Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Saying things like "you are very weak" is as weak as it gets.

It would be like me saying "you are dumb and ugly". No matter how true it may or may not be, it is entirely self-satisfying and makes no pertinent point other than to stroke the ego. In other words, it's weak.

I would try and think things through a bit more, if I were you.
I am dumb and ugly. I am weak. What is it to you? I recognize weak very easily given I am one.

Got anything else?

Like I said...really weak stuff

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What qualifies Simms as a QB expert? Same thing that qualifies Orlovsky? Their dynamic play at the position?

When Warner does a ranking, I will pay attention.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What qualifies Simms as a QB expert? Same thing that qualifies Orlovsky? Their dynamic play at the position?

I get your point; however, I don't think success as an NFL QB is the criteria for being a good QB analyst or QB coach.

Chris Simms does seem to put time into studying game film.

Many ex-players in the media don't put much if any effort into reviewing game footage of specific players. I think most of them just watch in real time and maybe review some games once. Does Marcellus Wiley grind through tape of all pass rushers...

GINeric

Reaction score
Washington was in the same position as Dallas with Dak. They let let Cousins go because he wanted too much money. That's what Dallas should of done with Dak.

Why would Dallas do that? Dak won more games as a starting quarterback than Cousins. Dak isn't elite, but he's a pretty good quarterback. Teams don't just let quarterbacks with Dak's numbers just walk out of the door with nobody to replace their production.

Dak, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees all had one playoff win in their first 5 or 6 seasons. Matthew Stafford had zero playoff wins.... all of them were drafted higher than Dak, so if you would have released Dak after 5 years, then you definitely would have released Brees, Peyton Manning and Stafford who were ALL DRAFTED HIGHER than Dak, correct??

If not, that would seem a bit hypocritical, dont ya think?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I am dumb and ugly. I am weak. What is it to you? I recognize weak very easily given I am one.

Got anything else?

Like I said...really weak stuff
I feel pretty
Oh, so pretty
I feel pretty, and witty, and bright
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me tonight

Now I want to watch West Side Story...
The old one.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I get your point; however, I don't think success as an NFL QB is the criteria for being a good QB analyst or QB coach.

Chris Simms does seem to put time into studying game film.

Many ex-players in the media don't put much if any effort into reviewing game footage of specific players. I think most of them just watch in real time and maybe review some games once. Does Marcellus Wiley grind through tape of all pass rushers...
Many successful coaches were/are failed players.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Come on now
At what level you played the game does not equate to how well you judge another talent (or coach it for that matter)
In fact, a lot of the time really great ones are pretty bad at evaluating others.

I'm not saying anything one way or the other about Orlovsky or Simms as QB evaluators.
Just saying guys like Andy Reed, Bill Walsh, etc were not elite QBs and most QB coaches for the pros were not HOFers either.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
True but we would have sucked just as bad.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
#9....................Dak haters continue to take a beating.

Dak Prescott lands in surprising spot on Chris Simms' QB rankings (thelandryhat.com)

Dak Prescott lands the No. 9 spot in Chris Simms’ list of the top 40 QBs heading into 2022
Simms seems to be a big fan of the Cowboys QB, given he literally referred to him as “my guy” in the breakdown video above. A photo of Simms interviewing the Mississippi State product also happens to be his Twitter banner photo. Adoration aside, what stands out to the analyst about Prescott is his physical and mental toughness.

“Franchise quarterback. Difference maker. Beautiful deep-ball thrower,” the former QB

boasted.

Simms believes that the 28-year-old is very impressive in the pocket and “one of the best” under pressure in the game. The analyst also complimented Prescott’s ability to make throws after contact and escape when the pocket collapses.