Christmas Music-When do you listen?

cowboyec

Reaction score
My wife already decorated our foyer and stairway to upstairs. We love all the 40’s and 50’s classics and

GREAT album.....who knew behind those timeless characters was some really outstanding music.

Last edited by a moderator:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I start on Thanksgiving night because the area I live in turns the tree and the lights on at dusk on that day and I sit out on the patio taking it all in.

I used to be a Christmas music fool and had over 150 Chritsmas CD's that I gave to a friend after I lost my wife because I did my best to avoid anything Christmas. We were pretty much over the top with decorating, usually took a full 5 days, two trees, a Dept 56 village 12 feet long and the outside which I alternating going half or full Griswold on.

I primarily listen to 4 types of Christmas music: jazz (GRP, Guaraldi, Bruebeck), new age (Narada and Windham Hill), standards (Sinatra, a martini and a fire) but mostly Trans-Siberian Orchestra, the last concert we ever attended together.
See, if everyone waited until Thanksgiving, I'd be in a much better place, regarding Christmas. I'm already sick of it for this year.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, year round.
oeKF4xD.png

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Speaking of Christmas I have been asked to decorate a big office for a company (a client of mine).
It is not my line of work but hey why not make some extra cash.
Anyone have some tips about what to get and what not to get?
much appreciated
I'd stay away from menorahs.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
after thanksgiving or a few days before.

•Elvis' Christmas Album...'57 classic...santa claus is back in town,blue christmas,santa bring my baby back to me stand alone tracks.

•Elvis sings The Wonderful World of Christmas...'71...his 2nd christmas LP...merry christmas baby timeless performance.

•Nat King Cole:The Christmas Song...classic christmas album with title track being the best on the album....his version of O Holy Night is flawless.
Even though I'm as far from a religious person as there is, I find O Holy Night to be one of the most beautiful songs ever written, but I've never heard Nat's rendition. I'm sure it's incredible.

I think the first time I ever heard the song was when Robert Guillaume sang it on Benson.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though I'm as far from a religious person as there is, I find O Holy Night to be one of the most beautiful songs ever written, but I've never heard Nat's rendition. I'm sure it's incredible.

I think the first time I ever heard the song was when Robert Guillaume sang it on Benson.

That's the thing.

It's good music.

cowboyec

Reaction score

Bing's is really good but Nat's version gives me chills.
I wish Elvis had tried it for his '71 christmas album...his voice was so strong then and he loved those big,ballad type songs to show off...like on his version of o come,all ye faithful.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anytime after Halloween is fair game for us. We have a real eclectic collection of Christmas music at home and, beginning about December 1, the local FM station plays continuous 24/7 Christmas music until December 31.

What about Christmas/New Year's movies?

For some reason, the Harry Potter movies have become a Christmas tradition for us (along with a few of the Hollywood classics, of course).

On New Year's Eve, we watch a Russian movie (wife is Russian) entitled "Ironies of the Fates" about the misadventures of a few friends on Christmas. Great movie - surprised Hollywood hasn't adapted for the US audience. What is surprising to me is the level of satire in a Soviet-era comedy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anytime after Halloween is fair game for us. We have a real eclectic collection of Christmas music at home and, beginning about December 1, the local FM station plays continuous 24/7 Christmas music until December 31.

For some reason, the Harry Potter movies have become a Christmas tradition for us (along with a few of the Hollywood classics, of course).

On New Year's Eve, we watch a Russian movie (wife is Russian) entitled "Ironies of the Fates" about the misadventures of a few friends on Christmas. Great movie - surprised Hollywood hasn't adapted for the US audience. What is surprising to me is the level of satire in a Soviet-era comedy.
I didn't think Russians even knew how to laugh.....other than an evil snicker!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

,,,Ah-Ha! So, you were the inspirational impetus for Warren Zevon to compose that "Lawyers Guns and Money" tune,,eh?

* yer' blushing bride being employed as a waitress once/ or,at one time in life, is absolutely crucial in the sheer brilliance of my Theory'd Theoremo_O

:lmao: