News: Church says Cowboys defense can use more time in film room

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Safety Barry Church said the Cowboys defense can help itself by studying more, and that the veterans will encourage the younger players to get in the film room more.

“We’re trying different things. We’re trying to get in the film room a lot more, have the young guys get in there to get a better grasp of the game,” Church said Wednesday, asked by reporters what the Cowboys can change at this point in the season to get better. “Studying the opponents is going to make a huge difference. We’re going to try to get together this week, try to hash things out and get it done.”

“I think as a whole unit we need to study more on our opponent,” he said. “Not even just the concepts. Read what our 1-on-1s are, what the receivers like to do, who the quarterback likes to throw it to on third down. We just got to win our situational football, and hopefully we can do it this week.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...use-more-time-in-film-room.html#storylink=cpy

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I miss Jimmy, I miss Parcells'. All Parcells' needed was to be 8 years younger, and have Jerry keep his word by staying out of it. These things would not be said of a Jimmy Johnson/Parcells' type team.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Safety Barry Church said the Cowboys defense can help itself by studying more, and that the veterans will encourage the younger players to get in the film room more.

“We’re trying different things. We’re trying to get in the film room a lot more, have the young guys get in there to get a better grasp of the game,” Church said Wednesday, asked by reporters what the Cowboys can change at this point in the season to get better. “Studying the opponents is going to make a huge difference. We’re going to try to get together this week, try to hash things out and get it done.”

“I think as a whole unit we need to study more on our opponent,” he said. “Not even just the concepts. Read what our 1-on-1s are, what the receivers like to do, who the quarterback likes to throw it to on third down. We just got to win our situational football, and hopefully we can do it this week.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...use-more-time-in-film-room.html#storylink=cpy

We are the worst coached team in the league.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If they aren't already studying enough, then they just don't care about winning. Except for Claiborne and Carter, it isn't the young guys who are stinking up the joint. It is the veterans like Carr and Ware who are getting a lion's share of the money for poor play. No excuse for Carr and Ware to not know what or where they are supposed to do and be.

RS12

Reaction score
[QUOTE]News: Church says Cowboys defense can use more time in film room[/QUOTE]

Not to mention a huge upgrade in talent.

whynot

Reaction score
I miss Jimmy, I miss Parcells'. All Parcells' needed was to be 8 years younger, and have Jerry keep his word by staying out of it. These things would not be said of a Jimmy Johnson/Parcells' type team.

Serious question, who are the available coaches out there who may be similar to Jimmy or Parcells?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Serious question, who are the available coaches out there who may be similar to Jimmy or Parcells?

art briles, david shaw and chad morris would be great head coaches on this level.

they would not want to coach under jerry jones though.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
art briles, david shaw and chad morris would be great head coaches on this level.

they would not want to coach under jerry jones though.

During Jerry Jones time, I cannot remember any coach saying they would not work for Jerry Jones. I don't even recall anyone turning down a chance to interview with Jerry Jones. Bill Parcells said he had no problem working with Jerry Jones. IIRC, even Jimmy Johnson said Jerry Jones was not a problem to work with. Jerry Jones is not a hard person to work with. I don't know why people perpetuate that fallacy.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score

Seriously now, no more joking, what in the blue blazes is going on at Valley Ranch?

Neverhood

Reaction score
This is honestly PATHETIC. I never post about stuff like this but my god I probably watch more film on all 22 then any1 on defense minus Sean Lee. Out of all the cowboy quotes of the past 5 years this literally scares the hell out of me as a fan. Just unbelievable, if you are not studying your 1on1's EVERY week you are a damn joke.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
you-dont-say-rage-face-nic-cage-meme.png