News: Church says Cowboys defense can use more time in film room

Nation

Reaction score
Lawrence Taylor used to sleep in the Giants film room. We need more talent.

theSHOW

Reaction score
"We’re trying different things. We’re trying to get in the film room a lot more, have the young guys get in there to get a better grasp of the game,” Church said

O M G more means more! If you have a social studies test next week you study ad study and test day comes you know you're ready. You don't suppose that they should be in the film room instead of trying to get there. "Trying?"......did you say "trying?......playoffs! playoffs? This idiotic news tells the story, bad coaching, fire them all, get rid of Church, Ware, Carr, Lee, Claiborne, and Bruce Carter. Every single coach needs to go. Trying????

theSHOW

Reaction score
Dallas players simply do not have have the competitive desire to be the best. Coaching has failed but players who want to be champions will put in he time and make sure others do likewise.

9darter

Reaction score
You might be the only person in the thread who got what Church meant. Boy, the dogs are truly out right now.

Oh! They do study film. Everything is fine then! Just a little more time in the film room, but of course everything is fine as it is!

Silly Barry, why would he even open his mouth about it, when it's not a problem.

Sigh.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Church says Cowboys defense can use more time in film room

I'll go him one further. The entire team, every player, every coach and all front office personnel (Yes that means JJ and Stephan too) should be strapped to chairs with their eyes glued open and forced to watch the Chicago game for about a week. Maybe then they will realize how bad they suck and will get off their arse and do something about it.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Ok, there were two people who got it.

No everybody read that, it's just that when this defense is playing as bad as it is, you probably shouldn't say to the media that "we should get into the film room more" that much is obvious, you should just do it and play better.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
Safety Barry Church said the Cowboys defense can help itself by studying more, and that the veterans will encourage the younger players to get in the film room more.

“We’re trying different things. We’re trying to get in the film room a lot more, have the young guys get in there to get a better grasp of the game,” Church said Wednesday, asked by reporters what the Cowboys can change at this point in the season to get better. “Studying the opponents is going to make a huge difference. We’re going to try to get together this week, try to hash things out and get it done.”

“I think as a whole unit we need to study more on our opponent,” he said. “Not even just the concepts. Read what our 1-on-1s are, what the receivers like to do, who the quarterback likes to throw it to on third down. We just got to win our situational football, and hopefully we can do it this week.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...use-more-time-in-film-room.html#storylink=cpy

Hooray for Barry Church!!! This is the first concrete (and great) idea on how to actually improve this team. All Garrett and the coaches (and most of the "stars") have to say when asked how can these problems get corrected give us the standard bilge "it's a process...", "We just have to get better...", etc. Why in God's name hasn't anyone on this staff said this before??? Not Jerry, Stephen, Garrett, not one of them...

Plankton

Reaction score
I guess my first question would be why haven't you been doing this already. This is a reflection on not just the players but the entire organization.

In an organization where there is no accountability for the owner/president/general manager and executive vice president and director of player personnel/coo of ATT Stadium/president of Australia, it should be no surprise to hear this from one of the players.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
You might be the only person in the thread who got what Church meant. Boy, the dogs are truly out right now.
well if you look at the post history of the people in threads like this, this is all they do. Same response on everything cowboys

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
In an organization where there is no accountability for the owner/president/general manager and executive vice president and director of player personnel/coo of ATT Stadium/president of Australia, it should be no surprise to hear this from one of the players.

It does surprise me and I take what comes out over the press/media/net with a grain of salt. I don't know what to think. I watched film when I played HS FB much less NFL.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Ok, there were two people who got it.

They should be doing everything they can to improve. If they've waited this long to decide to spend more time in the film room then I don't know what to think. There's no way to spin this unless that's not what he said.

JBS

Reaction score
there isnt anything that is more disrespectful than a lack of effort...whether its on the field or off the field in getting prepared...clean house - top down

Don Corleone

Reaction score
What they need is an infusion of talent, exodus of dead weight, and a defensive scheme built for today's NFL, not the NFL of 15 years ago. I think this whole thing minus Romo and some offensive players will get blown up in the offseason.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Ok, everyone, listen up. I want a well thought out answer.

Which is better? Faster or slower?

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
They should already be spending as much time as possible in the film room. It should be a given.

Everybody "gets it". Some just arent apologists. This kind of comment shouldn't be made bc it should already be happening. They're professionals.

We're not a well coached team and this just confirms that.