News: Church says Cowboys defense can use more time in film room

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Wow. If this doesn't go to show how poorly coached this team is then idk what is.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
art briles, david shaw and chad morris would be great head coaches on this level.

they would not want to coach under jerry jones though.
They'd be stupid to turn down a chance to coach the Dallas Cowboys. We are still the pinnacle of the NFL. Cowboys Yankees and lakers. No doubt we could get one of those 3 if Jerry wants them.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
They'd be stupid to turn down a chance to coach the Dallas Cowboys. We are still the pinnacle of the NFL. Cowboys Yankees and lakers. No doubt we could get one of those 3 if Jerry wants them.

i could only hope..

i think there is a huge chance that art will be reunited with keenum in houston.

i would love shaw or morris though.

i've been a witness to what morris brings to the table.

he's an amazing coach everywhere he has coached.

his players respect and love him.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I guess my first question would be why haven't you been doing this already. This is a reflection on not just the players but the entire organization.

He didnt say they werent do it. He said they need to do it more. Obviously because theyre stinking it up.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
We are the worst coached team in the league.

There's not one thing I read that didn't totally disappoint me. This entire thing is ridiculous. Shouldn't young guys VOLUNTARILY care enough to be the ones spending the most time in the film room? This screams that there are so many issues that are below the surface that makes this a team of losers. I can't stand seeing stuff like this. Peyton Manning is almost unbeatable because he knows his opponents so well. Our players need to stop stealing money and do the same.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Safety Barry Church said the Cowboys defense can help itself by studying more, and that the veterans will encourage the younger players to get in the film room more.

“We’re trying different things. We’re trying to get in the film room a lot more, have the young guys get in there to get a better grasp of the game,” Church said Wednesday, asked by reporters what the Cowboys can change at this point in the season to get better. “Studying the opponents is going to make a huge difference. We’re going to try to get together this week, try to hash things out and get it done.”

“I think as a whole unit we need to study more on our opponent,” he said. “Not even just the concepts. Read what our 1-on-1s are, what the receivers like to do, who the quarterback likes to throw it to on third down. We just got to win our situational football, and hopefully we can do it this week.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...use-more-time-in-film-room.html#storylink=cpy

Wow.............week 14 and they have decided that maybe watching some film would be a good idea.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
But Garrett instills discipline and a culture of success....................HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You would think the "process" would include studying the opponent from time to time.

The players stopped listening to our joke of a head coach a long time ago.......................thats why when somebody asked Dez after the Bears game what Garrett said and he was like, "I dont know, wasnt paying attention".

LOL.............you seriously cannot make this stuff up if you tried...................this whole team is now a joke.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
If you wanna be great in this league in the secondary, you have to spend hours upon hours on your own time to study film and learn teams and receiver's tendencies.

Look at Richard Sherman, he is not the most physical guy out there but he's a smart guy and studies film.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
If they aren't already studying enough, then they just don't care about winning. Except for Claiborne and Carter, it isn't the young guys who are stinking up the joint. It is the veterans like Carr and Ware who are getting a lion's share of the money for poor play. No excuse for Carr and Ware to not know what or where they are supposed to do and be.

Deion would be getting owned playing with this dline and a guy like Jeff Heath behind him. That is why you don't pay a corner 50 million dollars.

Zordon

Reaction score
while sean lee is in the film room, bruce carter is on twitter posting about the latest J's every hour.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
There's film rooms? Wonder what they show on dollar night?

Seriously, Church. That's as self-incriminating as 'We didn't execute" for the millionth time.

This team and it's ownership need to go to walmart, invest the 6 bucks for the full length mirror and use as directed. On on every locker and in office suite.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
In all fairness to Barry, he did say get in the film room MORE, not period. Man, leave ONE word out...

'More' is a no brainer. You play like this team it's beyond obvious. NOT 13 games into the season.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didnt say they werent do it. He said they need to do it more. Obviously because theyre stinking it up.

You might be the only person in the thread who got what Church meant. Boy, the dogs are truly out right now.