Cincy Wins Penei Sewell Bowl

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I read your drivel about being an ex-player and yada yada........ you cannot make the argument that todays win was in the best interest of the franchise...... not at 3-9 you can't. But, you can dish out insults which is kinda your forte b/c you don't seem able to make a case.
I only insult posters that I that are idiotic. Sorry.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a fan of spending a top 5ish pick on OL anyway when our defense is the biggest issue. I know there are concerns about Tyron's health, but this is the first season he's missed significant time. Even if he does miss time in 2021, hopefully the rest of the line remains in tact. This year was probably about the worst case scenario for OL injuries, but at least we're learning more about the backups that have improved some At least in pass protection.

Ok, then what college defender in the next draft looks like someone that can help Dallas. I don't see a dominant defender.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good this team doesn’t need an OL in round 1.

Thats irrelevant. Even if you don't like OL at pick 3, many other teams would trade up to get him which puts Dallas in the rare position of having a chip to trade. Not sure if you follow college football, but Sewell is considered a generational talent at OT.

Twin928

Reaction score
Why do this board want him from Oregon anyway wen we still have Tyron locked up for years u wanna waste a top 5 pick on a guy who only going to play 4-5 games that Tyron miss that’s stupid just sign a proven vet for a backup ‍♂️‍♂️

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Ok, then what college defender in the next draft looks like someone that can help Dallas. I don't see a dominant defender.

Top of the draft definitely appears to have more offensive talent than defensive. However, Parsons looks like the class of the bunch. Then there's corners Farley, Surtain. Also some edge guys that are talented, but may be boom or bust based on limited production time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Top of the draft definitely appears to have more offensive talent than defensive. However, Parsons looks like the class of the bunch. Then there's corners Farley, Surtain. Also some edge guys that are talented, but may be boom or bust based on limited production time.

Exactly, Sewell is a sure thing not a boom or bust at a position of need. So, even if you don't want him you still want to be the team in position to draft him and field trade offers.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You don't draft all defense when a BPA is offense.
You don't force filling positions.
Don't worry though. I'm sure we will get Parsons or Surtain.
Caleb Farley is better than Surtain.

Check him out. Very likely a Cowboy come April.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do this board want him from Oregon anyway wen we still have Tyron locked up for years u wanna waste a top 5 pick on a guy who only going to play 4-5 games that Tyron miss that’s stupid just sign a proven vet for a backup ‍♂️‍♂️

B/c he is a generation talent at LT? Even if you don't want him, you still want to be the team in position to draft him. Maybe even a football dunce like Jerry could parlay such a position into multiple picks.

But we have zero shot at him now. Cincy is an obvious landing spot for him and they'll likely be picking ahead of us. They need protection for Burrow.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
We need elite players even if it's an OT
Never draft for need anyway. First rule in successful drafting.
Trade down if pick is to high for defensive talent, but we concentrate on defense. Otherwise it don't matter what offensive player we get