Clabo signs with Dolphins

Zordon

Reaction score
just made too much sense for him to come here for one year.

davey999

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;5077674 said:
Even with last year's offensive line, Romo played pretty well.

And this year's will be better.

Why will it be better?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
newlander;5077660 said:
....don't have the cap space: see my post on the worthless Doug Free :bang2:

They have the cap space or could have very easily made 1-2 transactions to make it work. This move for either Clabo or Winston would have been made by now if the staff had any intentions of doing so. Like it or not, they believe Parnell and Free can get it done, obviously with Free at a much lower cap #. If Free balks, they will release him and look for a swing OT with Parnell starting.If the staff did not believe in Parnell, they would not be dragging their feet with the available starting FA OTs and giving Free ultimatums. Parnell is our guy

Galian Beast

Reaction score
davey999;5077685 said:
Why will it be better?

The offensive line got better as the year went on. It makes sense with more time blocking in Callahan's scheme and blocking together that they would continue to get better.

That being said people are seriously overreacting. Clabo wasn't the only tackle available in free agency. And it was somewhat obvious that the Dolphins were going to sign him over us. They had double the salary cap space we did.

jnday

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;5077674 said:
Even with last year's offensive line, Romo played pretty well.

And this year's will be better.

Right tackle will be the same. I am not sold on Parnell yet. I have some hope, but Clabo would have been much better. Parnell might have been a little better than Free last year, but that is not saying much at all. It bothered me that Parnell didn't win the starting job last year. Free was horrid and Parnell still couldn't take his job. Clabo is the only free agent that I would have agreed with. I usually don't like any FA signing, but a one year deal would have been good.

Nation

Reaction score
Hopefully Parnell can make the jump to full time

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
davey999;5077685 said:
Why will it be better?

5 reasons:

1. I can't imagine losing 42 centers during training camp and having to play most of the season with a 3rd string center.

2. Bern is isn't coming off major surgery.

3. You've got a 1st round draft pick shoring up one of the middle spots of the line.

4. Tyron Smith started out badly last season, but ended strongly and was still the 40th rated OT. He'll rate much higher this season.

5. The Free/Parnell position swapping produced excellent results the last 3 games of the season if it (the swapping) continues in 2013 you'll see much better than the 66th ranked RT out there.

And here's a bonus... Eric Winston wasn't too far down the list from Clabo when it came to rankings. Keep that in mind.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Oh wait guys, Jerry said we're in great shape at tackle.

Move on...nothing to see here

davey999

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;5077697 said:
5 reasons:

1. I can't imagine losing 42 centers during training camp and having to play most of the season with a 3rd string center.

3. You've got a 1st round draft pick shoring up one of the middle spots of the line.

4. Tyron Smith started out badly last season, but ended strongly and was still the 40th rated OT. He'll rate much higher this season.

5. The Free/Parnell position swapping produced excellent results the last 3 games of the season if it (the swapping) continues in 2013 you'll see much better than the 66th ranked RT out there.

And here's a bonus... Eric Winston wasn't too far down the list from Clabo when it came to rankings. Keep that in mind.

All assumptions and best case scenarios.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jnday;5077691 said:
Right tackle will be the same. I am not sold on Parnell yet. I have some hope, but Clabo would have been much better. Parnell might have been a little better than Free last year, but that is not saying much at all. It bothered me that Parnell didn't win the starting job last year. Free was horrid and Parnell still couldn't take his job. Clabo is the only free agent that I would have agreed with. I usually don't like any FA signing, but a one year deal would have been good.

Hey I would have like to see the Clabo signing, but for some reason it didn't happen.

Winston is still out there and he didn't rank much lower than Clabo... Something to think about.

Free played much better to end the season. And Parnell is a question mark, however he didn't look overwhelmed when given the opportunity.

I don't think that RT will be worse this year.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
newlander;5077660 said:
....don't have the cap space: see my post on the worthless Doug Free :bang2:

Actually we do. But don't let facts creap in

davey999

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;5077704 said:
Oh you want guarantees in life.

Yeah.

No. How about concrete plans to solve ongoing, perpetual problems?

Too much to ask for I guess.

reddyuta

Reaction score
sbark;5077678 said:
so.......we are going to a 12 set, two TE's........but just keep them both in full time as blockers:rolleyes:

:laugh2: except neither witten or escobar are good blockers.

Zordon

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;5077697 said:
5 reasons:

That's a lot of faith in the status quo.