Claiborne benched... Can we finally admit he's a bust?

Reaction score
According to ESPN Dallas, Claiborne has lost his starting CB job to Scandrick.

According to Pro Football Focus, he has graded out this year as the 99th of 101 qualifying CBs. Last year, he graded out as 83rd among 113 qualifying CBs. This, on top of having multiple injuries over the past two year.

He is yet another glaring draft mistake Jerry made by being blinded by "shiny things" (skill position players) and not drafting the trenches.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You sure he is benched for his play and nothing else, like injuries? I have not heard anything on this matter yet.

tico

Reaction score
& I thought we were getting a Patrick Peterson replica.. So depressing

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
he hasn't started since the giants game, someone at espn hasn't been paying attention.

this is not news

erod

Reaction score
Yep, heard that this morning.

Gee, I wonder who those first and second round picks would have been.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Newman > claiborne
Jenkins > claiborne

Im really not happy with claibornes regression this year.

kirkjrk

Reaction score
According to ESPN Dallas, Claiborne has lost his starting CB job to Scandrick.

According to Pro Football Focus, he has graded out this year as the 99th of 101 qualifying CBs. Last year, he graded out as 83rd among 113 qualifying CBs. This, on top of having multiple injuries over the past two year.

He is yet another glaring draft mistake Jerry made by being blinded by "shiny things" (skill position players) and not drafting the trenches.

The beginning of the end.

erod

Reaction score
he hasn't started since the giants game, someone at espn hasn't been paying attention.

this is not news

Scandrick was named the full-time starter over Claiborne. Mo is now the nickel back.

Essentially, he's still a starter because most teams stay in three-receiver sets most of the time anyway.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
He will play on every down this week. Denver goes 3+ wide nearly every down. Scandrick will be on Welker.

In today's NFL, teams become great due to an elite QB, an elite Coach or an elite FO. The reality is we have none of these.

mugsybows

Reaction score
He may be benched but i'm not ready to give up on him just yet . It's only 4 games into his second year in the NFL. I dont know why so many people are wanting to get rid of this guy so quick. i think he will someday play at a high level hes just got to learn and get the confidence to play at a level i think hes capable of. the situation reminds me of when Dez had his slow start and people were already willing to be done with him. Now Dez is our number one playmaker. a lot can change very fast in the NFL. I would hate for us to give up on Mo and have him go to another team and then elevate his game to another level. For me its gonna take at least this whole year and the next for me to be ready to declare him a bust.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Scandrick was named the full-time starter over Claiborne. Mo is now the nickel back.

Essentially, he's still a starter because most teams stay in three-receiver sets most of the time anyway.

right but this has been the case since the game kicked off in KC, its not new.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
The trade up was regrettable (I sure wouldn't have done it), but honestly I don't think they grabbed a shiny thing. He was pretty highly rated by everyone.

Good news is that I don't have the Dallas defense in Fantasy Football, so you guys can all rest easy.

Reaction score
Yep, heard that this morning.

Gee, I wonder who those first and second round picks would have been.

Hindsight is 20/20, I know, but we could have had Brockers, Decastro had we stayed put at #1 and Bobby Wagner, Alshon Jeffrey, Peter Konz, Reuben Randle at #2.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Didn't he seperate his shoulder? If he can't jam a Wr, he is limited. I don't believe at all that he is a bust.

Garbage!

There ain't a player currently playing for the Cowboys who has not been put up for being run out of town on a rail! Including Ware and Romo... that goes without saying!

mldardy

Reaction score
Hindsight is 20/20, I know, but we could have had Brockers, Decastro had we stayed put at #1 and Bobby Wagner, Alshon Jeffrey, Peter Konz, Reuben Randle at #2.

Yes those guys have been tearing it up.:rolleyes: