News: Claiborne has groin injury, possible sports henia

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
Was just saying last week that it was only a matter of time before MC got hurt again and remind everyone once again that his proneness for injury is one big reason that you do NOT resign this guy to a long term deal. He cannot be relied upon. Period.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Man not only do I feel bad for the player but can this team ever catch a break with injuries? I get it's a part of the game but the "injury bug" seems to enjoy picking on Dallas the last few years.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
This is a big hit for us on the injury front but I'm curious to see how anthony brown can do now on the outside...

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
What would it take to trade for Joe Haden. Next year we would have Haden, Claiborne, Scandrick, Brown

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Here come the chicken littles and the I told you so. They have been patiently waiting for it.

Now go for it... Not sure why it makes some so happy to be right when Dallas just suffered a pretty big loss. Also feel for Mo as he has worked hard and brought the right attitude. He has been a tackling machine out there and has been a stud in coverage.

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
Here come the chicken littles and the I told you so. They have been patiently waiting for it.

Now go for it... Not sure why it makes some so happy to be right when Dallas just suffered a pretty big loss. Also feel for Mo as he has worked hard and brought the right attitude. He has been a tackling machine out there and has been a stud in coverage.

Maybe some just recognize trends after they happen every year for four straight years or something. Think that's called common sense. And yes, I did tell you so, just last week, in fact. Need me to dig up the thread?

CWR

Reaction score
Honestly, i would give up a 4th for Joe Haden. I don't know if we can afford him, but it would of be worth it.

Im so excited for this season Id give a testicle for Hayden. Dont know if the Browns would be interested but I figure I already had a vasectomy so screw it superbowl or bust!

CWR

Reaction score
Nothing good about losing Mo if that is the case but...

Scandrick is healthy and Brown has been great so we will survive the loss. I also think this lowers his value and I hope to retain him at a reasonable price which would not have been the case had he played all season. For those that want to write him off I understand but there have been many players that suffered through injuries for large parts of thier careers and then became healthy for seasons at a time. It happens, it sucks now but Im not willing to give up on Mo after these last 2 years. Plus, who would Dez play checkers with?

Plankton

Reaction score
Claiborne just cannot buy a break. The guy finally has a full training camp where he's able to compete, and he was playing really solid football. He was tackling better than he ever has, and was playing with a high degree of confidence. It's really too bad that he just cannot stay healthy, for whatever reason.

I'd give Keenan Lewis a look. He has starting experience with both the Steelers and Saints, and would add an experienced hand to the secondary.

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
Claiborne is an injury waiting to happen. He is slightly above average and tbere no logic in signing him to any long term contract. He can't make it thru half a season.

Yep. Let him walk. I'd considered maybe franchising him, but half a season isn't worth that.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Johnthan Banks was cut by TB today. I would take a look if possible.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ONE good thing in this is that Claiborne would probably be back on another "one year prove it" contract.

Doubtful he gets big money from anyone based on a 6 game season.