News: Claiborne has groin injury, possible sports henia

Satchel89

Reaction score
That really sucks. The Secondary has played so good this season. Mo has played lights out. Just can't shake that injury bug. Church is the bigger loss. That means more playing time for Wilcox and that's a recipe for disaster. I know Fans aren't big on Heath but I do think he's a better option then Wilcox. Either way, That hurts what was the strength of the defense so far

shabazz

Reaction score
Well, it sounds painful.

A sports hernia is a strain or tear of any soft tissue (muscle, tendon, ligament) in the lower abdomen or groin area. Because different tissues may be affected and a traditional hernia may not exist, the medical community prefers the term "athletic pubalgia" to refer to this type of injury.

How right you are. Played ice hockey goalie for years and tore the lining from the bottom of the abdomen. had sports hernia surgery that was so early in its inception that the insurance company deemed it experimental. Easy recovery from it and Mo's prognosis should be quite good. I can tell you though that its impossible to run without pain until its fixed

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Just have to see what test reveal today once Claiborne is checked out by medical staff. Hope he will not have to miss much time

Jenky

Reaction score
Cowboys CB Morris Claiborne might have suffered a groin tear Sunday night against the Eagles.

Claiborne was immediately ruled out after leaving the game, and early reports have not been good. A groin tear would knock Claiborne out for the rest of the season, a crushing blow considering his resurgent play in a contract year. Dallas also lost S Barry Church to a broken forearm Sunday night.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Oct 31 - 10:02 AM

Sydla

Reaction score
Wonderful.

Can't we get through a season without a rash of injuries to key players?

btcutter

Reaction score
Yeah. Potentially another one year deal. Just feel bad for him personally.

I would offer the kid a multi year deal that's good for both of us. Incentive to playing time. Lock him up. He is young and very good when healthy.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
This team is so injury bitten. Always have major injuries on both sides of the ball.

Luckily, Wilcox has been playing very solid and Anthony Brown is the real deal Holyfield.

robbieruff

Reaction score
I would offer the kid a multi year deal that's good for both of us. Incentive to playing time. Lock him up. He is young and very good when healthy.
Yeah. Unfortunately for him I think he will be stuck in one-year deal-ville until he can demonstrate long-term dependability on the health front. Lee has had similar challenges but he was making pro bowls during that time of his career. Mo had not been on the field long enough even to do that.

Not sure if this is a luck thing or if there needs to be some adjustments in his training regimen. Emmitt had chronic hamstring issues in his early career until he embraced yoga. Troy had to stop dinner big heavy squats as they messed up his back. Maybe Mo needs to consider some different approaches to getting and keeping his body right.

I just feel for the dude since he appeared finally to have flipped the page.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
They should be, I have had one and it required surgery.
I did too and it was more mentally painful since you can reinjure a hernia if you try to exercise too much too soon. They all heal differently but your definitely not physically active for at least 2 weeks. Then you slowly have to work into lifting and running.
You have to be very patient.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
A season ender ? SMH I'm gutted for Claiborne. We haven't used the designated IR return yet maybe he could come back in 8 weeks? We need him for the playoffs. Just keep church on active roster as he's only out 4 weeks.

Reactions: BAT

Rob-G

Reaction score
Sons of biscuits. Every team has to deal with injuries. At least we have solid depth.

chicago JK

Reaction score
ouch. Being able to stay on the field is a skill unfortunately. Hopefully he can come back from this. Not only has his coverage been good but he has been far more willing to make tackles this year.